Thread: Mk4 Golf vs Dinan 328i M Sport vs Taurus

My Cars
    F30 328i M Sport EBII

Mk4 Golf vs Dinan 328i M Sport vs Taurus

Last Saturday I was driving to work on I-694 north of Minneapolis in my 2013 F30 328i M Sport w/ Sport 8AT that has DinanTronics Stage 1 tune, exhaust, springs and 20" wheels with a Dinan badge on the back. I'm cruising along in the middle/#2 lane, with 3 lanes each direction. As I'm approaching an overpass, I see this Mk4 1.8T Golf merge on from the onramp and immediately slam his car over across three lanes to the inside lane ahead of me. I think he used his turn signal somewhere around entering the inside passing lane. Posted limit is 60mph, and I was going about 70 with the traffic flow. There was a big gap between me and other cars ahead and behind, so here's my Estorilblau BMW with lit up angel eyes out in the middle of the interstate, and I assume that's what he saw in the rear view mirror that made him suddenly slow down.

Driver slows down drastically and I wind up passing him, which pisses me off because I hate when people slow-poke drive in the inside lane (fortunately just became illegal in MN). I see the car and slowing, and I look at the back end and see that it's a stock muffler, that was likely cut or hollowed out since my window is half way down. The suspension looked stock and the wheels were stock. I don't know what this guy is doing as I pass him, and he keeps dropping back. I assume he's just being a typical idiot MN driver and driving slow in the left lane and doesn't know that slowpoke driving in the left lane is now illegal. Whatever, I just mind my own business and keep on driving.

Suddenly, I hear a loud muffler noise and look in my side mirror and the Mk4 is way back there. He starts gaining, and finally passes me attempting to blow my doors off like he thinks he's got a fast car. It was obvious his car probably didn't have anything other than maybe an intake, because he really had to take a long run at it. He keeps going, and all I can hear is broken muffler taking off at what I would suspect is a good 85mph. The Mk4 catches up to a group of cars ahead, but he lucks out because nobody is in the left lane and he goes to pass them. Suddenly, this guy in a new Ford Taurus pulls out from the group and guns it, and quickly catches up the Mk4, which I suspect was somewhat embarassing for the Mk4.

Unfortunately for the Mk4, that Taurus was maroon in color with white doors that said MINNESOTA STATE PATROL on them. The Mk4 then drastically slowed, as if to fool the Trooper. The loud exhaust was likely his downfall. When the Mk4 got pulled over, I looked over and saw a kid with a look on his face that made him realize why the shiny BMW was not catching up to the pack of cars ahead. The Mk4 could have easily seen the Trooper from where he was before he slowed down intially, had he just looked. I was laughing maniacally because I'm a dick.

My Cars
    97,98 E36 M3
    Smh how is this a kill?
    More like a story of someone getting pulled over...
    98 M3 Coupe
    intake/muffler delete/M50 Manifold/Tuned
    97 M3 Sedan
    intake/X-pipe/ weight redux

Sold Cars
    99 M3, 95 M3, 92 325i, 95 325i, 09 135i, 96 328i

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by New2M3 View Post
    Smh how is this a kill?
    More like a story of someone getting pulled over...
    +1

Although I can appreciate your writing, it's never cool to celebrate someone getting pulled over, especially under these circumstances. Eventually it happens to all of us and it sucks the same for all of us too.

Next time you get yoked I'm positive you'll remember telling us this "story".
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    0/10

Would not read again.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    He probably saw the Dinan badge on the back and couldn't resist.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    2006 E46 ZHP TS2+ Coupe
    Howdy, Reedo. Whatcha doin' in these parts of town?

My Cars
    F30 328i M Sport EBII
    Quote Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
    Howdy, Reedo. Whatcha doin' in these parts of town?
    Meh, got bored. Thought I'd trigger some people.
    Last edited by Reedo; 11-30-2016 at 10:36 PM.

My Cars
    z3
    lol Dinan... 59hp gain for $4,000. What a steal. Would have been better off putting that money towards a 335i...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    E90 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    lol Dinan... 59hp gain for $4,000. What a steal. Would have been better off putting that money towards a 335i...
    Maybe he has some extended warranty or something and this would allow him to keep it without too many issues, plus it's not like you can go wrong with dinan for quality, it's just expensive, his story sucks though, but the nice car....