Thread: German Audio Tech

My Cars
    1999 M Coupe

German Audio Tech

Just a warning. This is another bad experience from German Audio Tech. I paid a premium for a "genuine" BMW CD43 head unit from them on Amazon. Afterward I saw a warning on here that they peddle Rover CD43's with M stickers on them. I amicably questioned them and they responded with the most vague divisive response and never answered when they were going to ship. They would respond with a one sentence absolutely ignorant response that would be vague and not answer any question. In one of the two responses they even said they did not know what a "sticker" is...

I tried calling, tried emailing, the only response I ever received was through Amazon messaging where I learned they have a limited time to respond without any action taken. My guess it is to buy them more time. German Audio Tech might actually have things to sell and may actually do work for people but don't expect to have any confidence in their work (they don't uphold their "warranty" according to others) and in my experience their sales. I never received the radio nor did they ever ship it or even tell me that they had any intention of ever shipping it. I honestly believe they never had a CD43 to sell. If so, it was not genuine like their ad claimed...

I don't know how in today's internet world of businesses that these guys/this guy even stays afloat. I left a bad review on Amazon about them but I believe they know how to work the system and either get it removed or since they never sent the item, they can claim I'm not qualified for a review. I read on other forums they somehow have their bad reviews on eBay removed... But, that way they basically get a free $400 loan until the weeks it takes to get the money back with no harm to them...

Tl;Dr: I strongly advise you look elsewhere for your BMW audio needs, DO NOT use German Audio Tech. German Audio Tech is an untrustworthy, possibly scamming, shady business. Look around, there are plenty of other options.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add, this is German Audio Tech out of Long Beach, CA. The have a website but do most their business on eBay I believe under the name germanaudiotech.
    Last edited by Sirgoin; 11-12-2016 at 04:59 PM.
    Fancy analysis executed without attention to basic principles will often produce elaborate nonsense

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3
    Not to Necropost, but I have to agree. I was trying to buy a replacement volume knob for my CD43. When it didn't show up, (I am in AZ and mail from CA is FAST) I requested an update. Received a reply, it was mailed. I waited a few more days and still no knob. 3 emails and a phone call that was ignored, I started a case with paypal. THAT was ignored. Wasn't til I escalated it to a claim that ALL OF THE SUDDEN, there is a tracking number. When the package arrived, it has a snide note that he is TRACKING this one. I have been on eBay since 1998 with 0 complaints. The only scammer is German Audio Tech.