Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 33 of 33

Thread: Bluetooth for CD43 - that works!

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Simpsonville, SC
    Posts
    82
    My Cars
    94 840ci
    I didn't know about the microphone enclosure next to the OBC. I thought the louvers were for air temperature sampling. I was going to install the mic yesterday but the rain was pretty intense so I delayed and now I've read this bit of wisdom. It's seems to be the logical place to install the Bluetooth microphone and it's certainly more convenient then my plan.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Simpsonville, SC
    Posts
    82
    My Cars
    94 840ci
    I installed the Bluetooth mic in the existing microphone holder next to the OBC. I removed the OEM mic and inserted the new mic with its foam pillowcase and the fit was very snug and while it didn't need it I put some electrical tape around the back of the holder as a precaution to ensure it didn't slip out. Very pleased with the mic placement suggestion!

    Also neither the USB drive or SD card is limited to 99 songs in each of the six file directories. The manual states this as the limit but they left out the word "display". The CD43 display is only two digits so if tracks above 99 play they will always indicate 99 on the CD43 display. With a 32GB limit on the size of the USB drive you can store a lot a music!

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    1,193
    My Cars
    '91 e31 M70 |'01 e38 M73
    Any photos of the mic installs?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY SPEEDO ON THE 'BAHN!!! - @155!
    '07 e65|N62 - Alpina B7 - Black Sapphire|Black|Loaded
    '02 e46|M54 - Orient Blue|Beige|'Vert
    '00 e39|M52 - Anthrazit Metallic|Grey (Daughter's)
    '01 e38|M73 - Anthrazit Metallic|Schwarz|Shadow-Line
    '91 e31|M70 - Schwarz|Schwarz|M70

    '13 328i Auto - Black Sapphire|Coral Red|Sport Line|GONE
    '05 545i SMG - Jet Black|Black|Bamboo Anthracite|GONE
    '07 335i Auto - Montego Blue|Grey|GONE
    '05 545i SMG - (Euro Delivery 7/22/05)|Black Sapphire|Auburn|GONE
    '97 528i Auto - GONE

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    Posts
    69
    My Cars
    x5 35d, 750i, 850Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by adwebinc View Post
    Any photos of the mic installs?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't have a photo, because it was just too simple. I took the old mic out of the original microphone holder/bracket in the center console, and the new mic slid right into place. I didn't have to adjust or modify anything to make it fit. The new mic had a foot with a glue pad that I was able to attach at the top of the inside of the original holder/bracket, so the new mic won't be going anywhere. The only thing that I had to do was crimp the ends of two metal pieces that came off the old mic so that they would stay attached to the inside of the original bracket and help keep it in place. Then I just reinstalled the original bracket with the new mic in place of the original mic. Hands free calling works great, and it looks completely original.

    Mike Barrett

    Mike Barrett
    1996 850 Ci

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    1,193
    My Cars
    '91 e31 M70 |'01 e38 M73
    Quote Originally Posted by mbarrett635 View Post
    I don't have a photo, because it was just too simple. I took the old mic out of the original microphone holder/bracket in the center console, and the new mic slid right into place. I didn't have to adjust or modify anything to make it fit. The new mic had a foot with a glue pad that I was able to attach at the top of the inside of the original holder/bracket, so the new mic won't be going anywhere. The only thing that I had to do was crimp the ends of two metal pieces that came off the old mic so that they would stay attached to the inside of the original bracket and help keep it in place. Then I just reinstalled the original bracket with the new mic in place of the original mic. Hands free calling works great, and it looks completely original.

    Mike Barrett
    Excellent. Thank you Mike!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY SPEEDO ON THE 'BAHN!!! - @155!
    '07 e65|N62 - Alpina B7 - Black Sapphire|Black|Loaded
    '02 e46|M54 - Orient Blue|Beige|'Vert
    '00 e39|M52 - Anthrazit Metallic|Grey (Daughter's)
    '01 e38|M73 - Anthrazit Metallic|Schwarz|Shadow-Line
    '91 e31|M70 - Schwarz|Schwarz|M70

    '13 328i Auto - Black Sapphire|Coral Red|Sport Line|GONE
    '05 545i SMG - Jet Black|Black|Bamboo Anthracite|GONE
    '07 335i Auto - Montego Blue|Grey|GONE
    '05 545i SMG - (Euro Delivery 7/22/05)|Black Sapphire|Auburn|GONE
    '97 528i Auto - GONE

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    19
    My Cars
    BMW 840ci
    Hi all,

    I am thinking of getting a CD43 with Bluetooth connection. Now I found one refurbished and nice looking for my e31 but in the nearby future I am also thinking of upgrading all my speakers.

    I still have the originals in there and not too happy about them. I want to keep everything stock looking and just upgrade the speakers.

    So my question is, is it a bad investment to buy a CD43? I really love getting more bass out of my car and I am potentially thinking of getting a subwoofer in there. Is that possible with a CD43? Or do I need an aftermarket one?

    Thanks
    Paul

  7. #32
    tvjake2's Avatar
    tvjake2 is offline SoCalEights - CA BMW CCA Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    1,613
    My Cars
    '97 840Ci, '89 635CSi
    Quote Originally Posted by paulzooi View Post
    Hi all,

    I am thinking of getting a CD43 with Bluetooth connection. Now I found one refurbished and nice looking for my e31 but in the nearby future I am also thinking of upgrading all my speakers.

    I still have the originals in there and not too happy about them. I want to keep everything stock looking and just upgrade the speakers.

    So my question is, is it a bad investment to buy a CD43? I really love getting more bass out of my car and I am potentially thinking of getting a subwoofer in there. Is that possible with a CD43? Or do I need an aftermarket one?

    Thanks
    Paul
    For me the CD43 was a great improvement over the C33 tape deck version. It also has some more advanced features, volume up and down as speed changes is a nice one.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    4,300
    My Cars
    BMW 850
    I connected the c43 to my car and it does not work. Then I put back in the RDS unit and the radio plays. Any ideas?
    Same with the becker unit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Bluetooth Handsfree device that works with HU?
    By Ahheck01 in forum Car Audio & Electronics sponsored by Bavsound
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 02:58 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-07-2005, 06:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •