Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bluetooth for CD43 - that works!

My Cars
    94 840ci
    I didn't know about the microphone enclosure next to the OBC. I thought the louvers were for air temperature sampling. I was going to install the mic yesterday but the rain was pretty intense so I delayed and now I've read this bit of wisdom. It's seems to be the logical place to install the Bluetooth microphone and it's certainly more convenient then my plan.

My Cars
    94 840ci
    I installed the Bluetooth mic in the existing microphone holder next to the OBC. I removed the OEM mic and inserted the new mic with its foam pillowcase and the fit was very snug and while it didn't need it I put some electrical tape around the back of the holder as a precaution to ensure it didn't slip out. Very pleased with the mic placement suggestion!

Also neither the USB drive or SD card is limited to 99 songs in each of the six file directories. The manual states this as the limit but they left out the word "display". The CD43 display is only two digits so if tracks above 99 play they will always indicate 99 on the CD43 display. With a 32GB limit on the size of the USB drive you can store a lot a music!

My Cars
    '91 e31 M70 |'01 e38 M73
    Any photos of the mic installs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY SPEEDO ON THE 'BAHN!!! - @155!
    '01 e38 | M73 | Anthrazit Metallic | Schwarz | Shadow-Line
    '91 e31 | M70 | Auto |
    Schwarz | Schwarz
    '13 328i Auto - Black Sapphire | Coral Red | Sport Line | Premium | CWP | Lighting | GONE AND GOOD RIDDANCE!
    '05 545i SMG - Jet Black | Black | Bamboo Anthracite | NAV | LOGIC7 | Sport | Premium | Comfort Seats | Shades | CWP | GONE
    '07 335i Auto - Montego Blue | Grey | Premium | CWP | GONE
    '05 545i SMG - (Euro Delivery 7/22/05) | Black Sapphire | Auburn | Sport | LOGIC7 | CWP | GONE
    '97 528i Auto - GONE

My Cars
    x5 35d, 750i, 850Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by adwebinc View Post
    Any photos of the mic installs?

I don't have a photo, because it was just too simple. I took the old mic out of the original microphone holder/bracket in the center console, and the new mic slid right into place. I didn't have to adjust or modify anything to make it fit. The new mic had a foot with a glue pad that I was able to attach at the top of the inside of the original holder/bracket, so the new mic won't be going anywhere. The only thing that I had to do was crimp the ends of two metal pieces that came off the old mic so that they would stay attached to the inside of the original bracket and help keep it in place. Then I just reinstalled the original bracket with the new mic in place of the original mic. Hands free calling works great, and it looks completely original.

Mike Barrett

Mike Barrett
    1996 850 Ci

My Cars
    '91 e31 M70 |'01 e38 M73
    Quote Originally Posted by mbarrett635 View Post
    I don't have a photo, because it was just too simple. I took the old mic out of the original microphone holder/bracket in the center console, and the new mic slid right into place. I didn't have to adjust or modify anything to make it fit. The new mic had a foot with a glue pad that I was able to attach at the top of the inside of the original holder/bracket, so the new mic won't be going anywhere. The only thing that I had to do was crimp the ends of two metal pieces that came off the old mic so that they would stay attached to the inside of the original bracket and help keep it in place. Then I just reinstalled the original bracket with the new mic in place of the original mic. Hands free calling works great, and it looks completely original.

Mike Barrett
    Excellent. Thank you Mike!

MY SPEEDO ON THE 'BAHN!!! - @155!
    '01 e38 | M73 | Anthrazit Metallic | Schwarz | Shadow-Line
    '91 e31 | M70 | Auto |
    Schwarz | Schwarz
    '13 328i Auto - Black Sapphire | Coral Red | Sport Line | Premium | CWP | Lighting | GONE AND GOOD RIDDANCE!
    '05 545i SMG - Jet Black | Black | Bamboo Anthracite | NAV | LOGIC7 | Sport | Premium | Comfort Seats | Shades | CWP | GONE
    '07 335i Auto - Montego Blue | Grey | Premium | CWP | GONE
    '05 545i SMG - (Euro Delivery 7/22/05) | Black Sapphire | Auburn | Sport | LOGIC7 | CWP | GONE
    '97 528i Auto - GONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12