Thread: any ideas?????????????

My Cars
    2001 325ci vert

any ideas?????????????

Hello all. so i have a 325ci vert. the issue i am having is when i drive for about 10 min and stop at a light i see light steamish smoke coming from driver side under the hood and maybe wheel well.by the time my drive is over smoke is gone. i have changed vanos and vcg last year no oil leaks anywhere. also have done my pcv. i have also just done my oil filter housing again. i have done the whole cooling system. except for the trans cooler and hoses to that. i know i do need wheel bearings maybe all around. not sure but just going to do them all it anyway.. sorry if its kinds long trying to give you all the info on my car and not leave anything out. ive also done a trans fluid change about a year and a half ago with no issues. ( all work is diy) from reading forms, you tube, and the good old fashion the way you took it apart is the way it goes back together. thanks for any ideas or fixes in advance....last thing dont kill me for this but. i have have a bank 2 sensor 2 leak. i had a frozen o2 and tired everything i could think of aseltine tourch you name it ive tried it.. until i had no other option to just cut it off waiting to have some time so i can take the header off and re tap the hole. but i sure its not big enough for me to see what im seeing.esp with it being on the drier side.

My Cars
    01 E46 330i 5sp man spor
    What does it smell like?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2001 325ci vert
    it smells like burning metal to me. but ive been sick so i cant really smell that great for now cold almost gone.

My Cars
    01 E46 330i 5sp man spor
    Maybe the brakes are dragging from a sticky caliper piston, slides or pads frozen in the bracket. Drive it a bit and check the temperature of the wheels and rotors. If one side is hotter than the other something in the brake needs attention.

My Cars
    01 E46 330i 5sp man spor
    The flexible hoses can collapse internally causing this also.