Page 83 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3358737475767778798081828384858687 LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2158

Thread: justinca540i, dk500, and coltonbh chatroom

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    I like the 964 the most, it had just the right combo of classic good lucks with a slight modern edge. Aside from that, I like the 996 and 997.1. I don't like the 997.2, they added gaudy LEDs everywhere, electric steering, and direct injection is lame.

If somebody gave me a 991 I'd sell it, get a 996 Turbo, and pocket the rest. I don't care for the track day bro packages (GT2/GT3) because you can honestly build a far better track car out of a base 911 for a lot less money. Carbon fiber everywhere is just tacky.
    1995 525i 5-speed - Thread

My Cars
    05 330i
    It reduces a significant amount of weight especially on the 991 gt2 rs

Taptalk is pissing me off

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    05 330i Alpine White
    Past:
    02 330i Titanium Silver
    R56 MCS
    00 540i6

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    Quote Originally Posted by justinca540i View Post
    It reduces a significant amount of weight especially on the 991 gt2 rs
    Only because the new 991 Porsches are super heavy in stock form. A 996/997 Coupe weigh right around that much without any carbon fiber stuff.

My Cars
    e46 m3 6psd TIAG w/Imola
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyzabolotny View Post
    Only because the new 991 Porsches are super heavy in stock form. A 996/997 Coupe weigh right around that much without any carbon fiber stuff.
    Come ON Danny..... 991, 996, 997 are in the low 3,000lb curb weight range........ Look at any other Luxury sports car from their respective times, they aren't sniffing those weights and will not be providing any sort of feedback. I understand your hate for gadgets and nonsense, but a low optioned Porsche isn't going to net you much in the weight category. Driving a 991 would be a hell of a driving experience, and you cannot deny that. Take the money out of the situation and you'd find yourself in a gt2 or gt3 in a heartbeat.

Stick to your bmw beater wagons and saloons weighing in at 4k curb and rocking outdated technology. It's 2017, carbon fiber is an efficient method of weight savings and technology is what sells cars.....

My Cars
    05 330i
    I'd own a car with a carbon fiber monocoque and body

05 330i Alpine White
    Past:
    02 330i Titanium Silver
    R56 MCS
    00 540i6

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    Quote Originally Posted by sooch View Post
    Come ON Danny..... 991, 996, 997 are in the low 3,000lb curb weight range........ Look at any other Luxury sports car from their respective times, they aren't sniffing those weights and will not be providing any sort of feedback. I understand your hate for gadgets and nonsense, but a low optioned Porsche isn't going to net you much in the weight category. Driving a 991 would be a hell of a driving experience, and you cannot deny that. Take the money out of the situation and you'd find yourself in a gt2 or gt3 in a heartbeat.

Stick to your bmw beater wagons and saloons weighing in at 4k curb and rocking outdated technology. It's 2017, carbon fiber is an efficient method of weight savings and technology is what sells cars.....
    There's no need for tech in cars, people are just silly and think that's what they need. Give me a way to plug in my phone for music and that's literally all I need as far as tech goes. Lane assistance is stupid, radar cruise control is stupid, shocks with 10 different settings are stupid, giant tablet-sized screens pasted onto dashboards are stupid, do I need to go on? Cars shouldn't need a billion different driving modes, they just need one good one. Traction control should be easily disabled and not intrusive.

If money wasn't an issue, I'd get a Singer Porsche— they're quite fast but don't have silly safety features or technology, which is just how it should be. Or a 964, that would be rad. But given how expensive the air cooled Porsches are getting, I'd settle for a low-optioned 996/997 with a manual. I don't need to have the fastest car around, just something that's reasonably fun to drive.

And you can't really compare a 540it to a 911, those are completely different cars with different purposes.

As for carbon fiber stuff, maybe I'd be more okay with it if carmakers painted it instead of leaving it exposed. I'm tired of seeing carbon fiber everywhere, it looks tacky in unpainted form. I get it, it's light and magical and all that stuff, but it's so boring now that every expensive car has those bits everywhere.
    Last edited by dannyzabolotny; 10-06-2017 at 12:48 PM.

My Cars
    05 330i
    I think Porsche gives an option to paint the CF.

05 330i Alpine White
    Past:
    02 330i Titanium Silver
    R56 MCS
    00 540i6

My Cars
    e46 m3 6psd TIAG w/Imola
    There's no need for tech in cars, people are just silly and think that's what they need. Give me a way to plug in my phone for music and that's literally all I need as far as tech goes. Lane assistance is stupid, radar cruise control is stupid, shocks with 10 different settings are stupid, giant tablet-sized screens pasted onto dashboards are stupid, do I need to go on? Cars shouldn't need a billion different driving modes, they just need one good one. Traction control should be easily disabled and not intrusive.

If money wasn't an issue, I'd get a Singer Porsche— they're quite fast but don't have silly safety features or technology, which is just how it should be. Or a 964, that would be rad. But given how expensive the air cooled Porsches are getting, I'd settle for a low-optioned 996/997 with a manual. I don't need to have the fastest car around, just something that's reasonably fun to drive.

And you can't really compare a 540it to a 911, those are completely different cars with different purposes.

As for carbon fiber stuff, maybe I'd be more okay with it if carmakers painted it instead of leaving it exposed. I'm tired of seeing carbon fiber everywhere, it looks tacky in unpainted form. I get it, it's light and magical and all that stuff, but it's so boring now that every expensive car has those bits everywhere.
    I'm not comparing a 911 to your 540it. You seem to only buy high mileage abused luxury cars that weigh more than a small garage.... I'm comparing a 911 to any one of the magical BMW M cars out there. Nothing compares! The e46 m3 to 996 might be the best comparison you can find, but you loathe the existence of an e46 m3 and it's poorly constructed interior. (Some argue the e46 m3 sets up to be just as good of a track car as a 996 - especially in cheapness) So in order to get a high quality interior, you sacrifice performance, how does that work? No the 996 interior is not nice, it's outdated crap that looks like it belongs in a Honda or Subaru with a bunch of garbage buttons and terrible lines. You're going to sacrifice something regardless of the car.

Plugging your phone into your car was only an upgrade ~06+ on MOST cars. Yes BMW had optioned for aux much earlier, but was not originally designed for that.
    Lane assistance does not come unless optioned. Why wouldn't you want a bunch of stupid drivers to know where you are??? You don't need it, but they do.
    Cruise control is a thing that all modern cars have, does it matter how it's applied?
    Shocks with 10 different spring options? Stupid? HUHHH? In what world is it a bad thing to have a couple of options that you can DD, or use at the track?
    Screens pasted into dashboards? Only one I will agree with, but I don't think they look too bad. There's only a few ways to apply this to a car- especially if it is an added option.

Singer Porsche, ABSOLUTELY, but don't call safety and technology silly just cause YOU don't like it LOL. I know you're more intelligent than that. Imagine of none of the cars out there today didn't have extra airbags or other features?? How many more idiots texting and driving would be dead? Ya weed out the idiots, but you can't just kill them all.....

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    I'm not comparing a 911 to your 540it. You seem to only buy high mileage abused luxury cars that weigh more than a small garage.... I'm comparing a 911 to any one of the magical BMW M cars out there. Nothing compares! The e46 m3 to 996 might be the best comparison you can find, but you loathe the existence of an e46 m3 and it's poorly constructed interior. (Some argue the e46 m3 sets up to be just as good of a track car as a 996 - especially in cheapness) So in order to get a high quality interior, you sacrifice performance, how does that work? No the 996 interior is not nice, it's outdated crap that looks like it belongs in a Honda or Subaru with a bunch of garbage buttons and terrible lines. You're going to sacrifice something regardless of the car.

Plugging your phone into your car was only an upgrade ~06+ on MOST cars. Yes BMW had optioned for aux much earlier, but was not originally designed for that.
    Lane assistance does not come unless optioned. Why wouldn't you want a bunch of stupid drivers to know where you are??? You don't need it, but they do.
    Cruise control is a thing that all modern cars have, does it matter how it's applied?
    Shocks with 10 different spring options? Stupid? HUHHH? In what world is it a bad thing to have a couple of options that you can DD, or use at the track?
    Screens pasted into dashboards? Only one I will agree with, but I don't think they look too bad. There's only a few ways to apply this to a car- especially if it is an added option.

Singer Porsche, ABSOLUTELY, but don't call safety and technology silly just cause YOU don't like it LOL. I know you're more intelligent than that. Imagine of none of the cars out there today didn't have extra airbags or other features?? How many more idiots texting and driving would be dead? Ya weed out the idiots, but you can't just kill them all.....
    Sure, I buy high mileage luxury cars, but that's mostly because they're cheap. I don't like financing stuff so I stick to whatever I can find for under $10k. Most of the cars I've bought over the past 2 years weren't really abused, sometimes they were just neglected a bit. I don't buy plastidipped autozone-modded garbage, I buy clean cars that happen to have higher mileage. For all the minor issues I've been having with my wagon, it's been really solid in terms of the drivetrain, transporting me faithfully for the last 22k miles. In terms of weight, my 4000lb wagon is on the low side compared to how much a lot of newer cars weigh.

I like the 996 interior, but I also like 90's car interiors so I get that some people aren't into that. I don't hate the E46's interior, I just think it feels a little worse than an E39, but it's not a bad interior by any stretch of the imagination. If you want a bad interior, get into a 90's Ford/Chevy.

What I don't like about modern cars and all their settings/features is that all of that stuff eventually breaks. With a simple car there's a lot less to go wrong. I'd never want to own a new BMW out of warranty, but the older ones are pretty reasonable. Electronically-adjustable shocks are ludicrously expensive to replace if anything goes wrong.

I would be okay with living in a world with no airbags. Seat belts work pretty well when used properly, and it would certainly weed out the idiots. Modern safety features aren't there for good drivers, they're there for idiots that can't be bothered to look away from their phones. I've gotten out of so many potential accidents simply by paying attention to the cars around me and keeping good distances from other cars— the best accident avoidance feature is a functioning brain. If only people took driving seriously and didn't treat it like a chore... I'm always excited to drive, even if it's just for a commute.

Anyways, I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. I'm just killing time at work until I get to go drag racing tonight. Taking my wagon again, should be lots of fun.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird

Sure, I buy high mileage luxury cars, but that's mostly because they're cheap. I don't like financing stuff so I stick to whatever I can find for under $10k. Most of the cars I've bought over the past 2 years weren't really abused, sometimes they were just neglected a bit. I don't buy plastidipped autozone-modded garbage, I buy clean cars that happen to have higher mileage. For all the minor issues I've been having with my wagon, it's been really solid in terms of the drivetrain, transporting me faithfully for the last 22k miles. In terms of weight, my 4000lb wagon is on the low side compared to how much a lot of newer cars weigh.

I like the 996 interior, but I also like 90's car interiors so I get that some people aren't into that. I don't hate the E46's interior, I just think it feels a little worse than an E39, but it's not a bad interior by any stretch of the imagination. If you want a bad interior, get into a 90's Ford/Chevy.

What I don't like about modern cars and all their settings/features is that all of that stuff eventually breaks. With a simple car there's a lot less to go wrong. I'd never want to own a new BMW out of warranty, but the older ones are pretty reasonable. Electronically-adjustable shocks are ludicrously expensive to replace if anything goes wrong.

I would be okay with living in a world with no airbags. Seat belts work pretty well when used properly, and it would certainly weed out the idiots. Modern safety features aren't there for good drivers, they're there for idiots that can't be bothered to look away from their phones. I've gotten out of so many potential accidents simply by paying attention to the cars around me and keeping good distances from other cars— the best accident avoidance feature is a functioning brain. If only people took driving seriously and didn't treat it like a chore... I'm always excited to drive, even if it's just for a commute.

Anyways, I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. I'm just killing time at work until I get to go drag racing tonight. Taking my wagon again, should be lots of fun.
    Tl;dr

Therefore, 993.

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Quote Originally Posted by auaq View Post
    Tl;dr

Therefore, 993.
    lol
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    e46 m3 6psd TIAG w/Imola
    It's half trolling/half work boredom. I respect your work with a wrench, but it seems like everytime you make a comment it's about a car you've watched a review of or an opinion you're regurgitating.

Go strip down a car of all the abs, air bags and safety crap and go daily that. You're going to want that air bag while you're pushing 75mph and some idiot smashes into you while texting lol.

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    It's half trolling/half work boredom. I respect your work with a wrench, but it seems like everytime you make a comment it's about a car you've watched a review of or an opinion you're regurgitating.

Go strip down a car of all the abs, air bags and safety crap and go daily that. You're going to want that air bag while you're pushing 75mph and some idiot smashes into you while texting lol.
    I’m gonna be doing that with my Mustang sooner or later. Removing the airbags, back seats, and more. Eventually it’ll get a homemade roll cage when I learn how to weld, and then something stupid like an eBay turbo.

My Cars
    05 330i
    I need a 991 a little more everyday

05 330i Alpine White
    Past:
    02 330i Titanium Silver
    R56 MCS
    00 540i6

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Balloon Week here in the ABQ area.
    From my living room window.
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited by JimLev; 10-08-2017 at 11:27 AM.

My Cars
    05 330i
    That's cool. I've always wanted to go down there for that
    05 330i Alpine White
    Past:
    02 330i Titanium Silver
    R56 MCS
    00 540i6

My Cars
    05 330i
    05 330i Alpine White
    Past:
    02 330i Titanium Silver
    R56 MCS
    00 540i6

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    Quote Originally Posted by justinca540i View Post
    Good price. Too bad it's got a gray interior and is a convertible, that kinda kills it for me.

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    And I realized that my 25th birthday is tomorrow, but I'm not really thrilled about it :/ As a kid I looked forward to being 25, but now I just kinda dread it. I don't know why, I have nothing to really be upset about. I have plenty of cars, a decent house with lots of room to tinker with cars, a stable job that pays decently, a steady relationship, and generally no big problems.

My Cars
    01 750il, E38/9 Parts
    I feel you man, never liked birthdays myself. It's just another day. But regardless, happy birthday

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    --- 750il Maintenance/Restoration Thread --- E38/9 Parts Cars --- YouTube Channel ---

My Cars
    05 330i
    Damn grey interior. Low key wouldn't mind a vert 911 because I'm sure they got stiff chassis.

Speaking of stiff chassis, R56 MCS and NC Miatas got stiff ones. It's amazing to see the procedure to jack up an R56. You literally use a floor jack and 2x4 to lift the whole side of a car

05 330i Alpine White
    Past:
    02 330i Titanium Silver
    R56 MCS
    00 540i6

My Cars
    01 750il, E38/9 Parts
    I've had a random want for an s14 swapped Lada 2101 or 2105

--- 750il Maintenance/Restoration Thread --- E38/9 Parts Cars --- YouTube Channel ---

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtonBH View Post
    I've had a random want for an s14 swapped Lada 2101 or 2105

LOL. Im watching "Comrade Detective" right now which makes that particularly funny.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    05 330i
    05 330i Alpine White
    Past:
    02 330i Titanium Silver
    R56 MCS
    00 540i6

My Cars
    01 750il, E38/9 Parts
    Not a massive fan of the RWBs, but I like that this one doesn't have the "bolt-on" body panel look

Page 83 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3358737475767778798081828384858687 LastLast