Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: How do you cleanly run wires from the deck amp to the door and rear?

My Cars
    01 330Ci

How do you cleanly run wires from the deck amp to the door and rear?

I bought new speakers for my car and I need to to run power from the deck to the speakers now instead of the stock amp and since the only wires that run to the door are from the crossover'ed lines from the amp, I need to run wires from the deck to the doors and the back. Whats a clean way to do this? Does anybody know of any DIY sites that explain this? Also, if anybody knows, how do I get access to the back of my aftermarket deck installed? I have an eclipse 8442 and I had the shop install it so I dont know how to take apart the console to get to the deck.

My Cars
    325CI/M3 SMG II/ X5 4.4

Some tips

The hardest part of that is getting new speaker wires into the door. An easy way to do that is to tape the factorty wires to the new ones, using some electical tape, and pull them through. IF they get stuck, wd-40 can help but be careful with you interior and work quickly because it eats the adhesive on the electrical tape. As far a running cables to the rear, start by taking the trim around he doors apart, this will enable you to pull up the carpet to hide the wires. If you are using rca cables from the head unit it's best to run those down the middle of the car to avoid power cables and alt whine. Your Eclipse head unit should have keys to it. Check the box it came in. If not go to an Eclipse retailer and they should be able to hook you up. I could not find a step by step DIY