Thread: 2016 Tortilla (Mexican) GP Hermanos Rodriguez Circuit

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    Watching Verstappen get kicked out of that room was glorious
    Quote Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
    This is making my day Verstappen is such a child
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Wow! Totally messed up ending.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Lol Max, you're not on the podium you're fifth, biaaatch!!
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    Max really is a female reproductive organ.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    I don't understand how he thought he'd get to keep third

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Well that's not offensive. Hamilton's going on about tacos and sombreros?

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    This is going to be a very controversial race.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Surely now the internetz are going to compare this Vet-Max incident to lap 1 with Ros-Max incident, and also how Lewis cut across those first few turns and got away without any penalty. It's clear enough to see from the replays either from the heli shot or from the onboard cameras that Lewis was way ahead of everybody and didn't affect Ros-Max positions at all cutting those turns, but both Max and Rosberg applied brakes very late and Max squeezed Rosberg out but bumped him off the track, so Rosberg had no choice but to cut that second turn and carry on. It's foolish to try and argue how come Mercedes got away without any penalty given to them. Okay, what about Seb cutting in towards Ricciardo? There was plenty of space to the left of Ric and both did well to make that turn while giving enough room as much as possible but still defending and attacking for the next turn. That was really good racing for me. Max was a complete idiot as he should have known better and should have given that place to Vettel. Even Horner asked him to yield that place but he didn't, and now paid the consequences for it.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by auaq View Post
    Surely now the internetz are going to compare this Vet-Max incident to lap 1 with Ros-Max incident, and also how Lewis cut across those first few turns and got away without any penalty. It's clear enough to see from the replays either from the heli shot or from the onboard cameras that Lewis was way ahead of everybody and didn't affect Ros-Max positions at all cutting those turns, but both Max and Rosberg applied brakes very late and Max squeezed Rosberg out but bumped him off the track, so Rosberg had no choice but to cut that second turn and carry on. It's foolish to try and argue how come Mercedes got away without any penalty given to them. Okay, what about Seb cutting in towards Ricciardo? There was plenty of space to the left of Ric and both did well to make that turn while giving enough room as much as possible but still defending and attacking for the next turn. That was really good racing for me. Max was a complete idiot as he should have known better and should have given that place to Vettel. Even Horner asked him to yield that place but he didn't, and now paid the consequences for it.

I agree completely. Well, except that IMO Vettel's defence against Ricciardo wasn't right as a move, but was totally correct for the situation as Vettel shouldn't have been fighting Ricciardo behind Verstappen at all! The whole situation was Verstappen's doing, and on purpose (Max deliberately brake-checked Vettel and did other stuff so that Ricciardo would be able to pass Vettel). That battle was all caused by Verstappen's cheating, so in my book Vettel was allowed to do absolutely anything he wanted to do. Full Maldonado, Grosjean, anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Rosberg and Hamilton's reactions, when Verstappen said 'see you later' and then tried starting to cry to them about the first lap incidents, was priceless!

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 00.24.57.jpg

Hamilton didn't care one bit, and Rosberg was just bemused ("Ok then, bye!"):

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 00.26.15.png

I'm having way too much fun watching replays of Verstappen getting kicked out...

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Fia president Jean Todt wasn't happy with Vettel's foul language and especially the part where he swear at Charlie Whiting. Arrivabene was trying to calm him down and he was seen at the podium ceremony little upset and feared that his team and or Seb might face some sporting fines. Vettel did immediately apologized to Charlie though and during Sky Sport's interview he was asked what was Charlie's response to which he said, "That's none of your business." Lol

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3

2016 Tortilla (Mexican) GP Hermanos Rodriguez Circuit

VET demoted to 5th by penalty. VES finishes ahead of VET, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by badmonkey; 10-30-2016 at 08:57 PM.

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Oh boy ...

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Yup, just noticed that. Charlie Whiting must be proud of himself. He turned this race into a total joke.

Just what Vettel was supposed to do? That's what I'd like to hear Whiting explain. Simply let Verstappen cheat to keep him behind, then just watch as Verstappen brake checks and backs Vettel into his teammate Ricciardo, who in that case of course will easily pass Vettel? What then? Wait for some idiotic penalties, maybe, from the most unreliable, illogical, erratic, slow Charlie Whiting??? Charlie Whiting: F**K OFF!!

Vettel had 3rd in the bag, but the total ineptitude and I guess senility of Whiting meant that the whole race went to s**t and especially Vettel lost two positions and valuable points only due to Whiting. And now of course that c**t Verstappen is going to start telling everyone how he's right...

I'm being totally serious when I say that after watching F1 almost all my life, pretty much all races, I might just be done with it. Just because of the inability to enforce rules in a sane way. It's a joke.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    How exactly is what Vettel did WORSE than Verstappen? I am at a loss here.

My Cars
    M3&318ti, 535xit, 2002
    Personally, if a driver can get pushed off track and the other doesn't get punished, a driver shouldn't get punished when defending and the other driver is given enough space to stay on track AND make the corner on the inside line. (ROS v. VER and VET v. RIC)...where was Vettel supposed to go mid corner anyway? Doublechecking the replays shown Vettel at the exact same place/line as VER. Had VET not moved to squeeze RIC, I fully believe RIC would have run VET off the circuit, much like VER did to ROS, except in this case VET would have definitely lost the position or worse.

I'm sure if we watch the entire race all over again, we can see others moving and squeezing under braking...

BBS RC041/BMW Style 29

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    There's got to be a Charlie Whiting thug life meme out there.

- - - Updated - - -

These rules and penalties are just soooo messed up in this sport. Totally wrong.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    There is no consistency. It's as if they're making up the rules as they go along.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    None at all!!!! This is just bs right here.

My Cars
    TBD
    This is the last straw for me. I've been an avid F1 fan since the 70s. Now, I hate the [idiots] in charge.

I'm done. I will not be watching another F1 race and I will be informing anyone who'll listen how shinola F1 and their rules are. It's a trump series where only the popular wins. And if you're not british (or at least faster than the germans) you don't belong.

I love this sport and these people make me hate it.
    Last edited by BoldUlysses; 10-31-2016 at 09:23 AM. Reason: profanity

My Cars
    1998 m3 coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeBack View Post
    This is the last straw for me. I've been an avid F1 fan since the 70s. Now, I hate the [idiots] in charge.

I'm done. I will not be watching another F1 race and I will be informing anyone who'll listen how shinola F1 and their rules are. It's a trump series where only the popular wins. And if you're not british (or at least faster than the germans) you don't belong.

I love this sport and these people make me hate it.
    Easy grandpa I know how you feel but that's how it is how is.don't hate the sport hate the management of f1
    Last edited by BoldUlysses; 10-31-2016 at 09:23 AM. Reason: profanity

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Well, when the buyout takes place 1Q of next year, I fully expect there to be changes in how races are administered. I'm looking forward to seeing what those changes are.

Whiting's just an old bat who didn't like being told off. He should be out as race control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    After reading the reasoning in others' comments about the first lap incidents I'm swayed:

-Hamilton going off on turn 1 of the race should've been investigated at the very least. The fact that they don't even investigate when a Briton, especially Lewis goes off track like that... If there'd been a gravel trap or wall he'd be out of the race. If he'd have had to slow down to make the corner, well he couldn't have even been able to do that let alone ahead of Rosberg and Verstappen even while they were squabbling. Rosberg and Verstappen were immediately behind him, Rosberg even better on the racing line. Lewis almost ruined his race as it is, since he flat-spotted so bad that actually it was over the structural safety thresholds but Mercedes took a gamble just to keep his championship chances alive. It was a huge mistake by Lewis, and he is incredibly lucky that in the end he got away with absolutely zero consequences (either from rules or physically).

-Verstappen ramming into Rosberg should've been at least investigated, I'd say he deserved a penalty for that. It was pure luck that his deliberate ramming for Nico didn't result in destroying Nico's race.

-Vettel's braking manoeuvre against Ricciardo wasn't what the new rule was supposed to address! The rule was made to prohibit Verstappen-style complete blocks. Ok, that one's pretty iffy, could be illegal, but Vettel did in fact pull off the move in a way that there WAS enough room for Ricciardo.

-But the main point still remains that there is no excuse for Whiting not immediately telling Verstappen to give Vettel the position. Then giving Vettel a penalty like that for the RIC-incident as an isolated event, knowing that for the race as a whole it is completely unfair and preposterous?!! It is a fact that Verstappen purposefully backed Vettel into Ricciardo, you can see even from normal-speed TV feed that in the previous corners Verstappen brake-checked Vettel at points in the corners where all Vettel could do is brake and not go around, giving Ricciardo an opportunity to attack Vettel on a plate. Verstappen set Vettel up in a way that wouldn't happen in normal racing: it was basically a Red Bull team effort after a Verstappen cheat, and them getting rewarded for it is a travesty.

On top of it all, F1 is now using this to get publicity, clicks and attention everywhere. I'm sure they're not ashamed at all but thrilled instead.
    Last edited by MagneZium; 10-31-2016 at 11:10 AM.

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    PSA gentlemen: No one sympathizes with this outrage more than myself, but let's keep the posts clean.

The Sky Sports coverage of the Vettel penalty is absolute garbage. They're completely in the tank for RB. I mean, look at this:

I really hope Ferrari runs Whiting up the flagpole for this and that the fan backlash is severe.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BoldUlysses; 10-31-2016 at 09:23 AM.
    Current: '94 MX-6 V6/5 • '72 240Z • '10 Mazda5
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6'95 525i/5'86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S
    Wish list: Type 44 • Manta • Pre-'85 CGT • 405 Mi16 • SVX • W123 Coupe

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    And now we get to see Vettel called a "crybaby" while the corner cutting child gets to believe he was right to steal that position.

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    And now we get to see Vettel called a "crybaby" while the corner cutting child gets to believe he was right to steal that position.
    I feel like I'm in the twilight zone re:the coverage. Who in their right mind thinks Vettel did anything wrong here?

Absolutely ZERO coverage of Vettel or Ferrari's side of the story. Unreal.
    Current: '94 MX-6 V6/5 • '72 240Z • '10 Mazda5
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6'95 525i/5'86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S
    Wish list: Type 44 • Manta • Pre-'85 CGT • 405 Mi16 • SVX • W123 Coupe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast