Thread: Ü | umnitza.com | F10 LED DTM Headlights DIY Install First EVER

My Cars
    M5, E61

Ü | umnitza.com | F10 LED DTM Headlights DIY Install First EVER

We'd like to introduce our first fully installed F10 LED DTM set of headlights with install video, customer testimonial and photos.

The link to the product is contained in the review. Or by clicking this sentence

Quote Originally Posted by smoorebmw
    6 months ago I went through the fun process of buying an F10 M5 and top on my priority list was finding a 2014+ with the "lighting package". I came across an offer I couldn't refuse - 2013 with 6,800 miles with all the other options on my list, B&O, Black Piano Trim, white-dove leather, exe pkg.... So I pulled the trigger. Because I didn't find one with the "lighting package" one of the first things I went shopping for was a full LED headlight conversion. After some googling I come to find I'd need to fly a Russian and some unicorns into the States to complete the conversion - plus many thousands of $$$$...That not being an option I walked away defeated and accepted my fate. Well so I thought, then I get word that Umnitza (who I've done business with before for my e39 540i 10 years prior) had a plug and play solution for the F10 ( https://www.umnitza.com/browse-by-ca...ngel-eyes.html ) I figured it was to good too be true so I gave them a call and discussed this option with Matt (Owner). He assured me this route is a great way to go and I'd be more than happy with the outcome. He informed me that I would need to get my car coded because it would throw the "active headlight" fault and the "Left/Right Cornering light" fault due to the fact the after market LED lights are NOT active and will not move Left/Right when cornering. However, he went on to explain that the lights WILL activate a small LED light during turns to make up for the "active feature". Taking no chances I agreed to order the lights but under one condition that they'd do the install. I also emailed SFCODINGdotCOM to verify they could code out my faults after the install, Adrian (coder) confirmed. This last weekend I was able to make the trip from San Diego to San Francisco. I met with Matt first thing Monday morning and he completed the install.

here is the install video Umnitza put together the morning of my install.

https://youtu.be/8EAWJX-NJn4

He took about 2 hours to install but that was only because he wanted to make an install video along the way. I figure it could have been done in 45 min without the interruptions. Once completed and as promised my car threw codes

luckily for me my next stop was to SFCODING to fix the issue. I meet Adrian (coder) and 45 min later my cars is back with no fault lights. See below for the codes he adjusted.

LWR_AHL_TYP = ohne (removes adaptive feature)
    FLC_AKTIV - to nicht aktiv (fixes cornering fault)

Review

(Let me start off by saying that my GF has the 2016 f80 M3 with the lighting package so I have lots of experience with the real thing.

I couldn't be happier with the final result!!! The look is nearly identical to the OEM lights with small minor changes that most of you wouldn't even be able to spot. Also I do NOT miss the active headlights because the LED light feature when turning is actually quite impressive. First let's look at the quality and detail of the light.

OEM

Umnitza After Market - nearly matches the real thing

Top View Installed (looks and fits like OEM - flush)

Looks A+!!!!!

Performance A++!!!
    These lights are even brighter than Stock Xenons and to be honest they are brighter than my GF's M3 with lighting package. They are CRAZY BRIGHT!!! I think they need to be aimed down a bit to give a more flood like light towards the bottom left and right. I think I blinded many drivers on my 7 hour night drive home.

Brights - very BRIGHT and make everything look as if it was day

Daytime running light matches the stock LED lights with the white light bar at the top and the blinkers are amber when flashing

I highly recommend this upgrade! This car looks entirely different and the performance of the lights are WAYYY better than stock. I did experience some moisture in the lights after I first powered them up but it went away after a few hours, I believe it was due to some of the glue moisture it burnt off, it never returned after that. I have also completed my first high pressure car wash water test with no issues. I have more pics and can take more if you guys are interested. Give Matt a call at Umnitza ( www.umnitza.com ) If you decide to have them install the lights I also highly recommend using SFCODINGdotCOM I am in no way affiliated with either party.

-Stephen

My Cars
    F10
    Hey have the same Problem
    But my headlights are flicker
    On both sides when I start the engine

Have ideas how I can fix this problem ?

My Bordcomputer shows a lot of errors

My when the engine is off they work

I have upgrade from halogen into led

Thanks and greetings from
    Germany