Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Touring spoiler, get on the list!

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Been good, still have not had the spoiler painted, sometime soon, will get it done, along with my M5 front bumper, hood, both fenders, and drivers door.
    Started a new job a few weeks ago, I’ll tell you about it when I give you a call, soon.
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmrMeUpSnotty View Post
    Been good, still have not had the spoiler painted, sometime soon, will get it done, along with my M5 front bumper, hood, both fenders, and drivers door.
    Started a new job a few weeks ago, I’ll tell you about it when I give you a call, soon.
    Looking forward to hearing about your new job.
    My girl's list is on-hold till the "D" is final but then... Holy bleep is it on!

My Cars
    02’ E39 525i Touring- Ti

Can I play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    '99 2.8&Mcoupe, '03 Mini
    Quote Originally Posted by Plattus1000 View Post
    4 FRP versions left. Thanks Donny!
    Lee, I got the spoiler nearly a week later than expected, but it arrived fine. Very nice piece! Thanks to DC politics, the mail service sucks right now.
    -Donny

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by KeysCoupe View Post
    Lee, I got the spoiler nearly a week later than expected, but it arrived fine. Very nice piece! Thanks to DC politics, the mail service sucks right now.
    -Donny
    Awesome! Glad you didn't have to fight antifa for it. Crazy times man, crazy times.
    Last edited by Plattus1000; 08-21-2020 at 04:55 PM.

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    Totall4la-
    Looks like you don't need to, you already have an original. I'm selling copies... Unless you want a Carbon Fiber spoiler...
    Last edited by Plattus1000; 08-23-2020 at 01:21 PM.

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    My shipping boxes are in one storage unit while the spoilers are in another. There was a shortage of storage units in my area.

If anyone needs a spoiler, give me a few days to gather everything that needs to be shipped but know that I won't forget you.

I know Covid has hurt us all in some way. I'm ok. I thank you for the concerned messages and texts. I'm not out, just hindered a smidge.

Stay focused and stay healthy.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Plattus1000; 09-08-2020 at 11:07 PM.

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    I need a Mark IV nav unit... Trade? (must be working ��)

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    I'll be driving from Eastern Washington to Payson AZ the end of this week. If anyone wants to save on shipping, let me know when and where to meet you along my route and I'll bring a spoiler or 2 along the trip.

Have the best holiday you can during C-19!

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i 6 Speed
    Hey Plattus, do you still have inventory of these spoilers left?

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by zaclorE39 View Post
    Hey Plattus, do you still have inventory of these spoilers left?
    I do brother. Sorry I didn't see this when I was in AZ last month.
    Just shipped another CF version to a sweet 540it s62 swapped lady. I'm expecting pics soon.
    I'm down to 4 CF spoilers and 6 FRP ones.
    Last edited by Plattus1000; 01-07-2021 at 02:18 PM.

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    (fiberglass) $250 plus shipping (averages around $50 nationwide now... HI is the most expensive @ $80)

This is at cost.

If you want a fiberglass spoiler, I have 5 left.

You'll need to sand, prime and paint them but no more than the original OEM spoiler from BMW.
    Adhere with double-sided tape by 3M or roof flashing glue as suggested by the guro of exterior things (and some internal stuff) WagonsHo.

Thanks to Michael (Much Love), I'm down to 4 CF versions. $500 (same shipping)
    Last edited by Plattus1000; 01-08-2021 at 10:31 PM.

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    I'm out of CF spoilers at the moment. All these M5 wagon conversions is having an effect. I'll have some more made up once I'm done with this eternal divorce (Mar 22nd is the date I should be done with this)

I think I have 3-4 FRP spoilers left. I'm running to my storage unit later this week to grab the rest for an accurate count.

Thank you to all who have purchased one of these. You've helped me recover some of the costs and it's been fun.

I'll try to get 5-10 more CF spoilers made in the next batch.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540iT/6
    I have about another month before finally having mine fitted! Unfortunately it will be a while longer before an S62 is up for consideration. My wagon needs paint.

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    I have about another month before finally having mine fitted! Unfortunately it will be a while longer before an S62 is up for consideration. My wagon needs paint.

LOL, there's always another part missing. Good luck!

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    I was mistaken. There's an order going to the land of OZ (somehow) It'll take a while to get there and probably cost the poor customer an arm and leg at customs.
    He's thought ahead and decided to buy more than one and sell the remaining pieces down/up (respectively) there to recover some of the costs.
    Oh, and then one of us lost their damned minds and bought another wagon and needs a second spoiler.. (we have an illness but his in incurable and likely terminal)

That said, I am out of stock on FRP and CF.
    I guess I never thought I'd run out. I'm out of everything!

I need to wait for my divorce to final and be on paper and out of the courts before I go spending money on these, I apologize.

I'm not going anywhere so if you can be patient; I should be done by May of this year..? (fingers crossed) It'll be a while after that to receive them from the supplier.

Again, to everyone with one, anyone who had a cracked one and let me get it fixed eventually, all the support, the help and the questions that spawned answers. Thank You. I'll be back with more in a few months.
    Last edited by Plattus1000; 02-03-2021 at 03:25 PM.

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmrMeUpSnotty View Post
    Ok, I'm jealous!!! That spoiler is beautiful!!! Lee, you outta be proud!!! I may be ordering one of the cheaper ones sometime very soon, like next week!
    How's life man?

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post

Oh. My. Lawd.

Hats off, incredibly well done piece. Finish is glass. I might just hang this on the wall instead....

Lee, thanks so much brother

Now ya done gon’ cost me a few grand. This is not going on the car until she gets painted.

I'm very happy, thank you.

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    I have 5 CF spoilers.
    Dima in Seattle gets one, so 4.

I'm not gone, just litigating my way to Freedom with the kunt of an Ex I have.

Still got Luv for the streets (e39 touring crew)

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Kick her and her lawyers butts! Rooting for you out here in VA!

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    (fingers crossed) I appreciate the energy Steve. I'm doing my best. I'm still in the fight.

Keep the positive energy up. BTW's, where's your spoiler? Thank you also.

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    As a matter of fact! The spoiler is with the green wagon at the paint shop getting painted! Spoiler, and the rest of the car. Should be done soon!

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    F'n-A! I can't wait to see it all done!

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Quote Originally Posted by Plattus1000 View Post
    F'n-A! I can't wait to see it all done!
    Hell yeah! I can’t wait either! Once the car is painted, I need to scramble and put the car back together. It’s a job of favors, a bodyman and the painter both owed me, and my brother, huge favors for a bunch of parts cars we gave them a couple years ago. In exchange, they took care of all the door dings and some rocker panel damage I had on the wagon, was like that when I acquired the car. The painter already primed all the repaired areas, and should be scuffing down the rest of the car now, getting it ready for the base coat. Same color, Oxford Green 2, you know how I love the green! All I am paying for is all the material! The clear coat being the most expensive of all the items. But the painter is gonna shoot it three coats of clearcoat and give it thicker coats on the roof, the hood, (The clear coat started drastically deteriorating since the summer, broke my heart, as the cars paint finish was in excellent condition when I got it. Waxed it at least once a month, but it still went. Finally decided, ok, pulled out the M5 front bumper, the new trim pieces underneath the headlights, the M5 mirrors, your rear spoiler, and started tearing the car down for the paint job, called in the markers. I did manage to screw up the brittle sunroof linkages when I had to remove the glass sunroof from the cassette to get to the screws that hold the headliner to the sunroof cassette. Stupid design, all they had to do was use spring clips to hold the headliner on! It’s gonna look great! Both Manny, the bodyman, and Mike, the painter, both do excellent work, couldn’t believe that I completely tore the car down, door handles, trim work, all the lights, front and rear, everything, torn down.

Yep, I can’t wait to start putting it back together, once I am done, then its gonna be mechanicals, the suspension is well sorted already, but it will be getting BC Racing coilovers, already have everything for that, the M5 wheels that I’ve had ratholed away in storage, the 540 front brake conversion, have some real fancy Hawk Talon rotors front, and rear, Hawk ceramic pads, interior work, custom sound system re-install, converting the brown dash pad to black, the upper sections of the inner door panels swapped to black, already swapped out the grandpa seats to sport seats, recovering the trim panels for the A,B, and C pillars, and the headliner. I am powder coating the roof rails gloss black, gotta line the bottom of the roof with Dynamat, get the rest of the large portions of body panel lined with the Dynamat too. Once the car is all together, I need to offload a few motorcyles, pool up the toy fund again and hunt for an S54, headers and an exhaust system, and a six speed Getrag and all the rest of the conversion bits.
    That, or maybe, an S52, with a turbo?
    Gotta tint the glass a little bit too, projects!
    Last edited by BimmrMeUpSnotty; 06-15-2021 at 01:30 PM.

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    (speachless)

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast