Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 USGP @ Circuit of Lone Star State

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    I wouldn't be surprised to hear that everything was fastened (at least more or less), but as he took off with the wheel gun still at work they couldn't be sure what was the status.

BTW top tip for anyone forced by Ricciardo to do a shoey: make him drink from your shoe in return! That ought to curb his poisoning ways...
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Yeah, I didn't see any gun still attached as he left the pits. Plus all the gunmen looked pretty much calm and in routine after the tyre change. Otherwise, surely someone would have raised his hand in the first place. However, I think I did see some sparks from right rear flying in the air as soon as the car moved.

My Cars
    VW MK7 GTI
    Great race weekend. Had an awesome time:

Turn 1

http://vid76.photobucket.com/albums/...2656066CA0.mp4

Attached Images Attached Images

RTR

My Cars
    '96 Ranger, '83 RX7 GSL
    @ the Taylor Swift pic

Entertaining race that absolutely flew by. Ferrari is a mess right meow, they are lucky Max DNFed so they weren't hurt as badly by their mistakes. I was surprised Vettel pitted at the end, but they had the gap and I assume he was concerned with his aero.

Lewis did what he had to to win the championship, as did Rosberg. Bring on Mexico!

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Still three more races to go. This season is long.

My Cars
    M3, 850i, E30T, E55T
    I was ing at Ricciardo and Butler on the podium. Shit was funny, "we're in America let's pretend to talk Texan it will be hilarious hahahaha"

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Quote Originally Posted by auaq View Post
    Still three more races to go. This season is long.
    All Nico has to do is finish 2nd 3 more times and he is the champion. But yes, anything can happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by m3fuz View Post
    All Nico has to do is finish 2nd 3 more times and he is the champion. But yes, anything can happen.

Or he could go full Senna, or full Schumi and punt Hammy off the track instead of letting him win, and he'll be even better off...

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneZium View Post
    Or he could go full Senna, or full Schumi and punt Hammy off the track instead of letting him win, and he'll be even better off...
    Not a bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Because that worked so well for Schumi in 1997

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    Because that worked so well for Schumi in 1997
    Yup, and for Rosberg after trying to give back Hammy's own medicine in Austria...

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    I actually thought most of that race was pretty boring. The start-as always-was pretty good, then the first quarter of the race or so was alright, but aside from that and Alonso's man-on-fire run at the end, nothing really happened.

I think it's time for F1 to realize that as much as they want to adhere to this whole "peak of motorsport" schtick, entertainment sells tickets and they need closer racing. Less aero grip + more mechanical grip = better racing. A third pedal would be really fun to watch but obviously would never happen.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    I thought the same thing as well. The race was boring compared to Japanese GP. That was much more exciting. The only highlight in this race was Kimi's wheel failure, Max gearbox issue, and the midfield racing. There was a lot of good mid field battles but nothing in the top the five places. Alonso was on fire, Sainz' defence was really good, RoGro did great as well, Perez car had really good grip and momentum as well.

My Cars
    '96 Ranger, '83 RX7 GSL
    Quote Originally Posted by adamnur View Post
    I was ing at Ricciardo and Butler on the podium. Shit was funny, "we're in America let's pretend to talk Texan it will be hilarious hahahaha"
    I forgot about that. It had me rolling as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ELVA164 View Post
    I actually thought most of that race was pretty boring. The start-as always-was pretty good, then the first quarter of the race or so was alright, but aside from that and Alonso's man-on-fire run at the end, nothing really happened.

I think it's time for F1 to realize that as much as they want to adhere to this whole "peak of motorsport" schtick, entertainment sells tickets and they need closer racing. Less aero grip + more mechanical grip = better racing. A third pedal would be really fun to watch but obviously would never happen.
    I put the race on while I was doing dishes, and then feeding the baby. It worked out well because I didn't really have to watch too closely, but didn't miss anything. Alonso's drive (and subsequent radio call) was nuts.

Big +1 on that last part too

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator;[URL="tel:29466042"
    29466042[/URL]]Because that worked so well for Schumi in 1997
    Funny enough, Jerez 1997 was 19 years ago today.

My Cars
    VW MK7 GTI
    This was my first F1 race live, and I loved every minute of it. I thought it may be hard to follow the race even with a big TV right in front of us. But it wasn't. The PA guys were great explaining all the action during the race.

I was also impressed with how in tune with the race the crowd was. After Alonso made his pass on the back part of the track, everyone in the esses stood up and cheered like crazy when he came back around.

Loved that even though people wear gear from their favorite team or driver, they were just there to see good racing and cheered for everyone and every cool thing that happened.

Met a bunch of people from around the world that flew in for this race as well.

RTR

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Quote Originally Posted by RRocket;[URL="tel:29467349"
    29467349[/URL]]This was my first F1 race live, and I loved every minute of it. I thought it may be hard to follow the race even with a big TV right in front of us. But it wasn't. The PA guys were great explaining all the action during the race.

I was also impressed with how in tune with the race the crowd was. After Alonso made his pass on the back part of the track, everyone in the esses stood up and cheered like crazy when he came back around.

Loved that even though people wear gear from their favorite team or driver, they were just there to see good racing and cheered for everyone and every cool thing that happened.

Met a bunch of people from around the world that flew in for this race as well.
    I went in 2014 and had the same experience (we were at T15). What an amazing weekend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12