Thread: 95 M3 s50 Drift Build

My Cars
    95 M3

95 M3 s50 Drift Build

Hey guys,
    new to the forums and just picked up a 95 m3 cosmos black. My plan is to use it as my first drift car. Its in great shape for having 248,000 miles on it, and got all the service records from the past 2 owners. It does have a small coolant leak that I have to find, I believe its coming from the reservoir. First couple things I'm going to do is a suspension bushing refresh kit, new clutch, Coilovers and a SRL mini kit. I will also be looking at the cooling system, though it seems the previous owners did that not that long ago. Excited to get this build going! Any recommendations on parts and other things to do/look out for will be greatly appreciated, new to the m3 and drift scene.
    Last edited by M3NACE2SOCIETY; 04-18-2020 at 12:53 AM.

My Cars
    '95 M3| '98 M3 | '03 M5
    Congrats on your purchase! Looks very clean for a quarter of a million miles. For starters, an X-brace is a must have. Pending on the year of your M3, it should already have the thread rivets installed. Also being a 95 OBDI you can purchase a chip.

My Cars
    95 M3
    So a little update. I’ve since installed K-Sport coilovers, new transmission mounts, overhauled the whole cooling system and replaced the radiator with a ECS aluminum radiator. After running the car with stock angle for almost two years, I decided to up the angle and order the SLR ultra angle kit. Next step will be getting a nice solid seat to keep me planted.
    Last edited by M3NACE2SOCIETY; 06-24-2019 at 11:41 AM.

My Cars
    95 M3
    Still waiting on my SLR kit to ship. While I wait for that, I picked up a 3.91 diff to swap out with my worn out 3.15 LSD. I need to change the input and output shafts which I already have. Going to be installing oil pressure/temp gauges soon, just need to decide between an ODB or a OFH tapped lid. Thinking about doing a fan delete as well, any drift guys running a fan delete? notice any changes in temp?
    Last edited by M3NACE2SOCIETY; 04-18-2020 at 12:54 AM.

My Cars
    98 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by M3NACE2SOCIETY View Post
    Still waiting on my SLR kit to ship. While I wait for that, I picked up a 3.91 diff to swap out with my worn out 3.15 LSD. I need to change the input and output shafts which I already have as well. Going to be installing oil pressure/temp gauges soon, just need to decide between an ODB or a OFH tapped lid. Thinking about doing a fan delete as well, any drift guys running a fan delete? notice any changes in temp?
    i have a koyo radiator with an electric fan and aux fan. it works really well, i used to daily without ever running the electric fan. never really had an issue even in south texas running ac full blast.

My Cars
    LS E46
    Daily driver is a bit different than redline full throttle going 20mph with your radiator facing 45* from the flow of air. Run an aux fan, preferably one with a full size shroud.

My Cars
    98 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
    Daily driver is a bit different than redline full throttle going 20mph with your radiator facing 45* from the flow of air. Run an aux fan, preferably one with a full size shroud.
    i should mention i never had an issue with temps while drifting either with a 16" spal puller fan running. Except once, it started to creep up on my while doing a 2 minute long donut at 5k rpm. but the tires gave out before the temps got too high

My Cars
    95 M3
    Finally got my SLR Ultra angle kit. Super excited to run this. Waiting on a few other parts (20mm wheel spacers, 328I sway bar links & new tie rod assembly) before installing. Still have to swap over the output/input flanges on the 3.91 and weld it up (huge thank you to gdavid for the 3.91). Plan on getting the kit and diff done this weekend. Ill try and remember to take as many photos as I can. As for fans Ill be looking for an E fan, but probably wont do that until after this next event (Sept 14-16).

angle kit.jpg
    Last edited by M3NACE2SOCIETY; 04-18-2020 at 12:55 AM.

My Cars
    95 M3
    Started to work on my differential swap and ripping out the front suspension parts to install the SLR ultra kit. Laid out all the new parts. Swapped my input flange from 4 bolt to 6 bolt. I then cleaned it out to be ready to weld (forgot to take a picture of it welded). Put new RevShift diff bushings in and completely removed everything I need for the SLR kit to go in.
    Parts.jpgdiff flange.jpgdiff flange changed.jpgopen diff.jpgdiff cover.jpg

My Cars
    95 M3
    Well I haven’t updated this in awhile. But the SLR kit went in smoothly. It felt great out on the track. I’ve slowly been upgrading the car as I progress. I’ve now installed a chase bay hydro brake and used the chase bay hydro line kit. The hydro feels great and I like how tall it is. Also installed the Chase bays hydro line kit, had to extend the lines a little to reach but made installation easy. I also installed AEM oil pressure and oil temp gauges.

Overall had a blast at this last event, but I did run into some overheating issues. So now I have to dig into that and see what’s wrong. Hopefully It will be something simple.

More to come. (If I remember to update this post)
    Last edited by M3NACE2SOCIETY; 04-11-2020 at 11:46 PM.

My Cars
    95 M3
    After some testing, my clutch fan is bad. So now I will do some upgrading on the cooling system. Stewart water pump, new hoses, thermostat and t-stat housing. I’ll also be going with a electric fan and removing the clutch fan. Will be adding a water temp gauge as well. So now we wait for those parts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by M3NACE2SOCIETY; 04-11-2020 at 11:48 PM.

My Cars
    95 M3
    Haven't updated in awhile, now that this virus has killed a lot of activities, I have more time to work on the car. So I've finally got rid of the Vaders and went with Sparco Milano 2's. They should help stop me from sliding around in the seat.

I've also installed SLRs adjustable lollipops, just need to dial in the alignment and it should be ready to go.
    Last edited by M3NACE2SOCIETY; 08-11-2020 at 07:44 PM.