Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Oil stain on rocker panel of my 550 MSport

My Cars
    2012 550i x drive

Oil stain on rocker panel of my 550 MSport

I went through some oil on a country road. I must have been almost right behind him because even at 5mph I got pretty messy. I used gasoline and some Gunk tar remover and it came off pretty well, but I didn't rewash the car after and left town for a few days. I came back to see it was more visible than when I left so I rewashed using only a small amount of WD40 in the bad sports and gave it a proper clean. One area where the oil and cleaner must have accumulated between the rocker and front fender ran out of the gap onto the rocker panel and after cleaning again, that on little spot remains discolored.

Probably wouldn't notice if the car wasn't white but, is there another obvious cleaning step? The rocker is plastic so is that finished differently than the metal panels? Is this something a clay bar might affect? How about some kind of high end hand polish? Thanks for any responses.
    Last edited by nuck; 10-13-2016 at 01:16 PM.

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Check out the link below. There are a few options for the clay bars and other chemicals that won't leave any marks. Let us know how it works out for you!

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...tmain_main.htm

-Dmitry
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i Sport
    Post some pics too.