Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 Japanese GP @ Suzuka

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Vettel.has a grid penalty and will start from 7th place I think.

- - - Updated - - -

I was hoping to see what Max can do since he wanted a clean lap but only managed to get ahead of Ricciardo. Kimi was flying.

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3

2016 Japanese GP @ Suzuka

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/17744016

Thinks reporting Snapchat was disrespectful...

On Saturday, having seen Nico Rosberg beat him to pole position by just 0.013s, Hamilton made a statement about in his media print session -- which included the journalists who, he felt, had been "disrespectful" in their criticism of his Snapchat use -- and said he would not be answering any questions, before calmly walking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by badmonkey; 10-08-2016 at 02:12 PM.

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Quote Originally Posted by badmonkey View Post

What a jackass. Does the press have too high a view of itself? Maybe. But he's an athlete. In a public sport. That's what he signed up for the day he started with McLaren. Everybody plays by the same rules.

Nice to see Nico on pole.
    Current: '94 MX-6 V6/5 • '72 240Z • '10 Mazda5
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6'95 525i/5'86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S
    Wish list: Type 44 • Manta • Pre-'85 CGT • 405 Mi16 • SVX • W123 Coupe

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by badmonkey View Post

He just keeps taking it to new heights.
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    He has come completely unhinged. I'm loving watching this meltdown and can't wait to see how his "higher power" or whatever screws up this race for him.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Spoiler alert. Nico Rosberg 2016 World Champion.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Wow, this is one of the rare occasions in the season when the driver steward isn't British (Emanuele Pirro)! So Nico and Vettel might have a chance to possibly survive penalty-free?

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    He has come completely unhinged. I'm loving watching this meltdown and can't wait to see how his "higher power" or whatever screws up this race for him.
    Can you imagine losing to Rosberg? I'd come unhinged too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

MauiM3Mania is offline Observer/Master Skeptic Moderator
    My Cars
    88M3 99M3 04M3 ITBx16
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneZium View Post

He just keeps taking it to new heights.
    Hamilton or Trump?
    04M3 TiAg 69k slick-top 3 pedal
    99M3 Cosmos 61k S50B32 euro 6Spd

88M3 AW 43k miles Project FS

WTB: 3.5" Eurosport/Conforti CAI

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Lol

Lost power over here. Don't know when will it come back so that I can watch the race tonight.

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    plus the Brotherhood (his internet followers) are livid at Rosberg's leading the championship, saying things like because God doesn't want a colored man to get his 4th championship, racist this, racist that, sabotage the man, etc. pretty entertaining to read the stuff
    e30 325i, the mighty 4 door granma mobile....Gone
    e39 528i, 4 door sports tank

My Cars
    '07 E92 335i
    5 place grid penalty for Kimi getting a new gearbox ugh.

flickr
    BMW CCA #444326
    come see bought me

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Waiting for the photoshopped image of Hammy snapchatting whilst the lights went out at the start as an explanation for his piss-poor getaway...

Thoughts on Max's move under braking to defend at the end? OK or not?
    Current: '94 MX-6 V6/5 • '72 240Z • '10 Mazda5
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6'95 525i/5'86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S
    Wish list: Type 44 • Manta • Pre-'85 CGT • 405 Mi16 • SVX • W123 Coupe

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M Roadster
    I think Rossberg has this wrapped up unless he DNF's. Hamilton is a brilliant driver but not as consistent as Rossberg. Don't think Hamilton ever got close enough to Verstappen to get by but Verstappen should get a penalty for some of the moves he makes. Would love to see Ricciardo in a Merc.

My Cars
    TBD
    Absolutely brilliant GP! one of the best of the past 2 years.

So many overtakes without DRS... the hairpin, spoon, 130R, turn 2 etc. brilliant but moslty all due to the 3 type of tires and differing strategies. Still bloody marvelous.

Sucks when Ferrari on Softs cannot even touch Merc on the Hards (which are according to practice times were 1.0+ seconds a lap slower). Let that sink in. Merc is still sandbagging. Especially now after the engine blowups.

Kudos to Merc (and the engine token system) for Merc's 3rd WCC in row.

Really amused me to see SKY etc blaming the damp patch for Lewis' slow start - like no-one else had a damp patch so pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mgambini View Post
    I think Rossberg has this wrapped up unless he DNF's. Hamilton is a brilliant driver but not as consistent as Rossberg. Don't think Hamilton ever got close enough to Verstappen to get by but Verstappen should get a penalty for some of the moves he makes. Would love to see Ricciardo in a Merc.
    *Rosberg.

Also Danny made a huge mistake at spoon which cost him dearly. However, his ERS system was acting up the entire weekend and yet they ran with it instead of taking a grid place penalty for replacing it. I have no idea why.

Danny is a great driver but Lewis was all over Max and unless Max pulled that late defensive move Lewis would have taken him at or just after the chicane. If, like the w#nkers at sky thougtht, that Lewis foresaw that then Lewis would not have needed to go off track, instead he would have dummied and passed Max cleanly on the outside - Like Hulk pulled on Bottas. But no Lewis went off track so there was no expectation there. Lewis can be really quick but he wasn't keeping speed by using all of the track... he was keeping speed purely from the Merc power plant. He wasn't using all the track and after 3 laps he tried a different line when other racing drivers were trying different lines after the 1st lap.

So yeah. Danny is good but he made a mistake today. Lewis is good but he wasn't using race craft today... merely strats and engine power.

Still great GP because it kinda proved who's who in the scheme of things.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeBack View Post

Really amused me to see SKY etc blaming the damp patch for Lewis' slow start - like no-one else had a damp patch so pathetic.

I've never head of damp patches ruining a start by causing a car to bog down...

But hey, SKY is absolutely pathetic in their partisanship and they throw out all the possible Hamilton conspiracy theories and controversies they can as it makes them LOTS of money through the coverage, clicks, interest from idiot crowds, etc.. Unfortunately it seems that they feel they have so much money to gain from it that they keep going with that. Even their opening sequence is basically an F U to Rosberg, showing their contact when Hammy rams Rosberg off the track and then comes the quote: "Brilliant wheel to wheel action"...
    Last edited by MagneZium; 10-09-2016 at 07:38 PM.

My Cars
    '07 E92 335i
    Ferrari's pitwall is so crap it's unbelievable.

flickr
    BMW CCA #444326
    come see bought me

My Cars
    M3, 850i, E30T, E55T
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneZium View Post
    I've never head of damp patches ruining a start by causing a car to bog down...

But hey, SKY is absolutely pathetic in their partisanship and they throw out all the possible Hamilton conspiracy theories and controversies they can as it makes them LOTS of money through the coverage, clicks, interest from idiot crowds, etc.. Unfortunately it seems that they feel they have so much money to gain from it that they keep going with that. Even their opening sequence is basically an F U to Rosberg, showing their contact when Hammy rams Rosberg off the track and then comes the quote: "Brilliant wheel to wheel action"...
    I wish there was a decent feed to watch that wasn't sky. These guys and their bs get kind of frustrating. Most of the coverage today was of Hamilton's race with little in the way of much else, and there are other drivers to watch as well.

Rosberg was solid as a rock out there, I used to expect him to flub it or make a mistake when he's all alone up front but he's looking confident and strong until the checkered flags these days.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Just four more races to go and I'm rooting for Rosberg. Next up is US gp and I hope Haas and RoGro can do something good over there.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Hamilton is downright calculatingly dishonest, and the British media is pitching him all the excuses they can. Hamilton's standing there in interviews listening to the excuses given to him by the reporters in the forms of questions, and then he decides whether or not he uses them directly, or as he does often: indirectly like with the 'damp patch' saying that he "I'm not sure", "I'll have to look into it and ask the engineers". That means that Hamilton wants his fans to start believing it but he knows it's so ridiculous and such a blatant lie that he doesn't want to outright say it himself. He'll leave the morons to read between the lines.

About the 'damp patch': Hamilton himself immediately apologised to the team in the radio for HIS MISTAKE at the start. Why would he do that if it was the 'damp patch's' fault and not his own? His car BOGGED DOWN, which isn't usually what a damp patch would cause unless it was a damp patch from spilled glue. On the same side of the grid, on the same damp patch for a longer distance, were Ricciardo, Vettel, and Räikkönen. They didn't seem to suffer one bit from the 'damp patch', rocketing past Hamilton...

But SKY just had to do maximum 'Hamsplaining' of course, and when they threw that excuse out for Hamilton in the form of a question in an interview that spineless douche just couldn't resist and went with it instead of being honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
    Ferrari's pitwall is so crap it's unbelievable.
    Yup. They actually pitted both cars out of the path of Hamilton...

But it was great to see the Ferraris really being able to attack, and push at great pace. They would've been 2nd and 3rd without the grid penalties (or even just Kimi not being behind Perez so long and strategy errors), or maybe 2nd/3rd and 4th since the Mercs are so unbelievably fast when they're not coasting. The Merc's power is still absolutely crushing as Hammy, after pushing his hard tires so hard for so long was still walking away from the Ferrari on softs...

I also hated how obstructive the back markers were for the Ferraris and Red Bulls. It wasn't just every once in a while, and on difficult parts of the track.
    Last edited by MagneZium; 10-10-2016 at 08:28 AM.

My Cars
    '96 Ranger, '83 RX7 GSL
    Entertaining race to watch. Fantastic start by Vettel, horrid start by Hamilton. The only plausible "damp patch" theory is that Lewis didn't give it as much throttle to prevent wheel spin. Ric spun his tires on it, but still rocketed past Lewis, likewise for Vettel. Loved seeing the FIs staying near the front too.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Actually I blame the TPMS that dropped him to 8th place at the start.

My Cars
    yay
    Personally enjoying Verstappens very aggressive defense.

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxxxxx View Post
    Personally enjoying Verstappens very aggressive defense.
    He doesn't know any better, yet.

First tire-on-tire contact resulting from one of his jinking stunts under braking should serve as sufficient education.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Hulkenberg to drive for Renault in 2017.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12