1970-71 BMW 2800 CS Super clean-not cheap

BMW 2800 CS 4-speed 1970 Original, completely rebuilt to an exceptional driving standard. This car was purchased from the second owner and shipped to Texas where I rebuilt every moving part on the car. The entire drive line was removed and what little rust was present was removed and repaired, the fender creases, wells, rockers, trunk areas etc were scoped, cleaned, and treated, all the parts were removed and washed, refreshed and repainted where applicable. The bumpers were removed and treated, renewed and reassembled. Every bushing and bearing on the car was replaced using BMW parts with the exception of the sway bar bushings which were done in Poly. The engine was removed, resealed, detailed, freeze-plugs replaced etc and the fluids were flushed and replaced, also the clutch, PP, pilot bearing are new as is the entire drive shaft. It has a LS Differential and Bilsteins with CN springs all around on fresh perches. The rear shock towers were tastefully reinforced allowing the original elephant skin to fit perfectly. There is way too much to list here in the way of what has been done to this car and it has a Very colorful history of the 2 previous owners including pictures of when this US spec car was originally delivered to its owner in London. I am an active e9coupe.com member and have 28 + pages of the restoration (I call it a full maintenance) over 1.5 years. There is also a video of the rust inspection of an e9 where this car is used as an example so you can see how clean it is. I will include a link to the e9forum.com post (though you'll have to be a member to view everything) and a link to the video. The car was refreshed with the purpose of making it a reliable driver with very minor upgrades and originality as a key feature. I have 2 sets of Zenith Carbs that I can have rebuilt to make it super-stock, although Webers are on there now and run great. I can upgrade the A/C system (at cost) if the buyer would like a system that actually works well, which can be important depending on its final home. I have some minor clean-up things to do that would probably take a day or so but basically she's ready to rock and roll and if anyone wishes I could actually do some enhancements in the detailing stage. Please, I know what I have here as I have rebuilt quite a few e9's so only contact me if there is a true interest. the link to the build is here: http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/will-have-to-start-somewhere.17841/
and the youtube video is here: https://youtu.be/AEd8f5JyQFA

List Date: 9/28/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 1970-71 BMW 2800 CS Super clean-not cheap
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------