Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 Malaysian GP @ Sepang International Circuit

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Great race - was able to catch the replay last night and am glad I did. Happy to see the battle for the championship be exciting and hopefully goes down to the final race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldUlysses View Post
    It was great to see Max hug Ric in parc ferme. Fantastic race for both of them.

Ric working the crowd before the "shoey" was awesome too.

Bummed for Seb. I'd actually blame that one on Rosberg; there was no reason for him to cut over as sharply as he did. He had the whole outside of the track.

Great race from Bottas too, helped by an enlightened strategy call.

More double points for McLaren.

All-in-all, a very enjoyable race.
    Twas the Internal combustion Engine that impoloded - although there was zero warning nor did Merc know what it was exactly that gave up... but I expect it something in the top end because of the fire... but I have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
    What a race. Was raging at the start when Vettel crashed out though. When will it be Ferrari's turn for wins
    I was watching a pretty "terrible" quality feed and it looked to me like Max turned in on Vettel prior to Vettel hitting Nico... but after the fact I checked it out a few more times and while Max does turn in on Vettel he turns out immediately afterward not touching Vettel - Max also locked the rears a 10th before Vettel hit Nico's rear. I think Vettel was watching Max (due to the turn in) and Max was watching Nico and therefore could react (by locking the rears) when Nico turned in.

Vettel had plenty of space in the inside - didn't even use the curb. I think the punishment harsh and it should have been a race incident because Primarily, Both Max and Vettel would have easily made the corner and this is without Vettel using the inside curb as Max did in Spa when diving on the inside of Kimi.

We really need the same stewards at every race - or at least the same head steward.

Quote Originally Posted by S14 View Post

Man I hope Nico keeps this up! I'm not a huge fan of his, but I like to see him come out on top after being wrecked the last few years.
    Next week, Suzuka - one of my favorite tracks - high/med and 1 low speed corner. So it's going to suit the cars much like Sepang. I therefore expect similar quali lineup what we've seen yesterday - depending on upgrades brought by the teams.

My Cars
    yay
    Scary to be driving a Haas right now.

One car loses it's brakes at the end of a straightaway.

The other has a wheel suddenly depart from the vehicle.

Yikes.

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeBack View Post
    I was watching a pretty "terrible" quality feed and it looked to me like Max turned in on Vettel prior to Vettel hitting Nico... but after the fact I checked it out a few more times and while Max does turn in on Vettel he turns out immediately afterward not touching Vettel - Max also locked the rears a 10th before Vettel hit Nico's rear. I think Vettel was watching Max (due to the turn in) and Max was watching Nico and therefore could react (by locking the rears) when Nico turned in.

Vettel had plenty of space in the inside - didn't even use the curb. I think the punishment harsh and it should have been a race incident because Primarily, Both Max and Vettel would have easily made the corner and this is without Vettel using the inside curb as Max did in Spa when diving on the inside of Kimi.

We really need the same stewards at every race - or at least the same head steward.
    Good point about Seb being able to use the inside curb. IMO that's what separates this incident from Spa, where there was actually a wall and absolutely nowhere for Max to go.

Still think Rosberg cut in too sharply when he had the whole outside of the corner. He does seem to be a fan of that move (Austria, Germany, etc).
    Current: '94 MX-6 V6/5 • '72 240Z • '10 Mazda5
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6'95 525i/5'86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S
    Wish list: Type 44 • Manta • Pre-'85 CGT • 405 Mi16 • SVX • W123 Coupe

My Cars
    '96 Ranger, '83 RX7 GSL
    Quote Originally Posted by maxell0405 View Post
    Can you send me some of the stuff you're smoking? Pleeeaaassse.
    It's all wishful thinking.

Great race to watch. at the start. I hate to say it, but it didn't look too good for Vettel. Penalty seems harsh as well since he didn't really hurt anyone's race too much (in terms of finishing order) except his own. I actually felt bad for Hamilton's DNF, not the way to be losing the title.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmabarone View Post
    I actually felt bad for Hamilton's DNF, not the way to be losing the title.
    Why not? Engine reliability has been a theme of Hamilton's entire season, and it is absolutely a part of his fight for the title, win or lose.

My Cars
    M3, 850i, E30T, E55T
    Nico has been given two driver penalty points for the move on Raikonnen.

I find this penalty excessive. Were it another driver known for their aggression, I feel this would not have been so thoroughly penalized.

It's not a normal overtaking point, but the manoeuvre is not unusual--a gap was there, Nico put himself in it and forced either an accident or Raikonnen to give room. This is something that Hamilton does frequently and so have other drivers.

Prior to the corner, his front wheels were in front of Raikonnen's, albeit off the racing line, but the position was clear. I can see a time penalty being given (although it could be argued the other way) but penalty points?

Off-topic: I understand Hammy's frustration, but he is the worst loser in the sport. When he wins he is gracious, but not the same when he loses. It's an absolutely crappy way to go out especially after all that good driving, but suggesting his own team sabotaging him to the public, even if he thinks it, is ridiculous. Then they tried to cover it up by saying he meant it was God doing it. Right.
    Last edited by adamnur; 10-03-2016 at 07:48 PM.

My Cars
    '07 E92 335i
    Nico took that corner like I would playing Mario Kart. Once again he shows his lack of wheel to wheel racecraft. Not a great move but do what you gotta do when you need to lead the championship though I guess.

flickr
    BMW CCA #444326
    come see bought me

My Cars
    TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
    Nico took that corner like I would playing Mario Kart. Once again he shows his lack of wheel to wheel racecraft. Not a great move but do what you gotta do when you need to lead the championship though I guess.
    Besides Max and Kvyat diving into corners this season, one I recall with Kimi (driving for Lotus) was Perez (while at McLaren and was told to keep his elbows out) on Kimi just after the tunnel in Monaco. Checo hit him because he'd tried it a couple of laps earlier on Button and Alonso and they both moved to avoid the accident but this time though Kimi held the racing line resulting in Checo hitting him. ZERO penalty.

Alonso was really pissed with him too after Alonso needed to take evasive action to avoid collision with the result that he went off the track and was forced to give the "position" back to Checo... a position he never had... what utter bull the stewards are in F1 - and have been for years.

Also, at Suzuka that year, Checo was pulling/pushing the same ludicrous dive moves at the hairpin. Reminds me of Senna: I'm going to try the move, if we crash it's because you didn't move out the way.

We NEED consistency with the rules and the interpretation of such, and until we get (at least) the same head steward for every GP this is always going to hinder F1 by the mockery of the rules.

My Cars
    M3, 850i, E30T, E55T
    I agree. If they are going to call stuff like this, they need to be consistent or not make the call.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    There have been way too many misses and wrongful penalties for many years now.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Well, what do you expect with a mostly British organisation, with all top positions I guess held by Brits? Last race once again the steward was a Brit. Derek Warwick I believe. He stood at the grid before the race and said that he hoped that Lewis Hamilton gets off clean to the lead and wins the race in order to lead the championship again. That's what we're dealing with.

The rulings in F1 are a joke, and absolutely inconsistent.

BTW, Lewis is the lowest form of scum on the earth. He has no class, decency, manners, sportsmanship, or sanity whatsoever. He is one big walking personality disorder. Imagine how lucky he is to be in one of the only positions in the world where anyone would tolerate that BS at all, let alone for years.
    Last edited by MagneZium; 10-04-2016 at 08:35 AM.
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    BMW
    I'm not sure a mortal short of Ghandi would react differently.
    What's the tally like for Merc engine's letting go?
    Lewis vs Rosberg + all supplied teams
    It feels like it's a 2:1 ratio if not more.

When called an idiot sometimes is better to be quiet than to open mouth and remove all doubt.
    Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok.
    --Confucius

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    People seem oblivious to Hamilton just spewing self-centered bullshit again. Just this race Massa's race was screwed because of a fault in the drive-by-wire throttle control, which is almost certainly a fault in the Mercedes engine's electronics. Hamilton is not a victim of some conspiracy, he's one of the luckiest human beings alive. And furthermore any time his engine explodes it's just a good thing.

My Cars
    TBD
    Merc Season so far:
    Aus quali: Lewis Pole, Nico 2nd.
    Aus Race: Nico 1st, Lewis 2nd: Bad start for Lewis while Nico was nursing a brake heating issue for most of the race (mechanical issues = Nmech1)

Bahrain quali: Lewis pole, Nico 2nd.
    Bahrain race: Nico 1st, Lewis 3rd: another bad start for Lewis

China quali: Lewis issues in FP and quali - changed GB 5 place grid penalty and did not set quali time, Lewis Pole = 1 DNQ for Lewis (mechanical issues) = Lmech1
    China race: Nico 1st, Lewis 7th.

Russia quali: Lewis DNQ (Q3), Nico pole = 1 DNQ for Lewis (mechanical issues) = Lmech2
    Russia race: Nico 1st, Lewis 10th

Spain quali: Lewis pole, Nico 2nd
    Spain race: both DNFs

Monaco quali: Nico 2nd, Lewis 3rd
    Monaco race: Lewis 1st (how about that luck), Nico 7th nursing brake issues (mechanical issues) = Nmech2

Canada quali: Lewis pole, Nico 2nd
    Canada race: Lewis 1st, Nico 6th. Lewis got another bad start and touch Nico resulting in Nico losing a bunch of places (good luck for Lewis not so much for Nico).

Baku quali: Nico pole, Lewis 10th after massive lockup in Q2. Missed corner in Q3. FIA gave permission to start race on "new" tire.
    Baku race: Nico 1st, Lewis 5th.

Austria quali: Lewis pole, Nico 2nd
    Austria race: Lewis 1st, Nico 4th after dumb overtake move by Nico and touching Lewis causing Nico harm and falling back from 2nd place.

Britain quali: Lewis pole, Nico 2nd
    Britain race: Lewis 1st, Nico 3rd - reporting gearbox issues during the latter stages (Nico mechanical issues - causes big radio drama) = Nmech3

Hungary quali: Nico pole, Lewis 2nd
    Hungary race: Lewis 1st, Nico 2nd

German quali: Nico pole, Lewis 2nd
    German race: Lewis 1st, Nico 4th after bad start

Belgium quali: Nico pole, Lewis 22nd after penalties due to mechanical issues = Lmech3
    Belgium race: Nico 1st, Lewis 3rd

Italian quali: Lewis pole, Nico 2nd.
    Italian race: Nico 1st, Lewis 2nd - after bad start

Singapore quali: Nico pole, Lewis 3rd
    Singapore race: Nico 1st, Lewis 3rd

Malasia quali: Lewis pole, Nico 2nd
    Malasia race: Nico 3rd (after contact), Lewis DNF due to mechanical issues = Lmech4

Lewis mechanical issues = 4 are engine related while Nico's mechanical issues = 3 are more brake related issues.

My Cars
    '96 Ranger, '83 RX7 GSL
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneZium View Post
    People seem oblivious to Hamilton just spewing self-centered bullshit again. Just this race Massa's race was screwed because of a fault in the drive-by-wire throttle control, which is almost certainly a fault in the Mercedes engine's electronics. Hamilton is not a victim of some conspiracy, he's one of the luckiest human beings alive. And furthermore any time his engine explodes it's just a good thing.
    Stupid question, but does McLaren still have to provide the ECU for all teams?

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmabarone View Post
    Stupid question, but does McLaren still have to provide the ECU for all teams?
    I'm pretty sure they do. But I'm suspecting this has much to do with the Mercedes powertrain, that the Mercedes (Ilmor) people make sure that the ECU and all components work together.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW:

Last edited by MagneZium; 10-04-2016 at 06:02 PM.

My Cars
    M3, 850i, E30T, E55T
    lmao

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneZium View Post
    BTW:

*Kimi BOAH*
    Current: '94 MX-6 V6/5 • '72 240Z • '10 Mazda5
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6'95 525i/5'86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S
    Wish list: Type 44 • Manta • Pre-'85 CGT • 405 Mi16 • SVX • W123 Coupe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12