Thread: DFW Map Rally ready for registration

My Cars
    1952 MG TD

DFW Map Rally ready for registration

It's time for our annual Map Rally! We will give you a map with a dozen or so points-of-interest marked on it, and you will have 30 minutes to determine the shortest route to visit them all, and return to the start. Then you go drive your route, and we will measure the mileage you took, according to your car's odometer. We don't know exactly the route you will take, but it will probably all be in rural Parker County.

We had two BMWs entered in our last rally, with one of them coming in first overall!

Registration will be at Holt FIAT of Fort Worth, 400 W Loop 820 S, Fort Worth, TX 76108, beginning at 9:00am. Take the White Settlement Rd exit from I-820. For your odometer calibration run, you will drive from there to Logan's Roadhouse in Weatherford, where you will receive your map, and determine your route.

When you are ready, drive to the checkpoint in the Logan's Roadhouse parking lot to be timed out. You will have several hours (time to be determined) to visit all the identified points and return to Logan's parking lot, to be timed in, and your mileage recorded. After everyone has returned, we will award trophies for the shortest distance traveled.

Note: GPS and other electronic aids are allowed on course, but not inside Logan's Roadhouse while you are working on your map.

Don't miss this one! The map procedure is a little easier than past years, and you will be driving on roads new to most of us.
    Preregister now at http://www.msreg.com/DMR16msr .

Join us!

Read more: http://lscbmwcca.boards.net/thread/2...#ixzz4KlRAeWMz
    Last edited by sccarally; 09-21-2016 at 03:30 PM.

My Cars
    1952 MG TD
    The date of the Map Rally is October 8th. Three cars are already entered, a Corvette, a Mazda 3S, and a Focus.

My Cars
    1952 MG TD
    The DFW Map Rally is only about a week away (Oct.8). If you haven't already registered, go to http://www.msreg.com/DMR16msr right now!

As we said, we will give you a map with a dozen or so points-of-interest marked on it, and you will have 30 minutes to determine the shortest route to visit them all, and return to the start. Then you go drive your route, and we will measure the mileage you took, according to your car's odometer.

Registration will be at Holt FIAT of Fort Worth, 400 W Loop 820 S, Fort Worth, TX 76108, beginning at 9:00am. From there, you will drive to Logan's Roadhouse in Weatherford, where you will receive your map, and determine your route. You will have three hours (exact time time to be determined) to visit all the identified points and return to Logan's parking lot, to be timed in.

Eight cars are already registered. My guess is about 20 on rally day. At the moment, it's four First-Timers, three Novices, and one General class. Two Corvettes and two Mazdas, a Dodge, Lexus, Mini, and Focus.

I have been out on some of the roads, and those were fun. You will have to choose your own. The items we ask you to find at the points are funny or interesting. Maybe both. Your opinion may vary.

Join us!