Hi,

I was doing a long distance road trip(San Francisco to Portland), after driving around 400 miles at 75 mph the side of my right rear got over heated and ripped apart, it began to leak air and I had to use a spare to get to the nearest repair shop.

I was given two options, either I change all four tires with brand new tires OR change the single tire with a similar used tire. I called a few close by tire shops and was able to find a used tire with similar tread depth and tread style. Got it done. I dove around for another 200 miles of city driving.

While driving back from Portland to San Francisco, again after driving around 400 miles at 75 mph my right rear tire showed low pressure alert, on checking the tire was really hot from the inside and was leaking air, it was a small puncture, not a big rip as earlier. I drove back home on my spare.

I am not sure what is causing this, I went to the tire store and they say everything is fine, I just need to replace the tire and gave me the same options either I change all four tires with brand new tires OR change the single tire with a similar used tire.

I feel there is a different problem that is causing this but the tire stores are not able to find.

Anyone with similar experience.

Thanks
vb