Thread: 0293 Indigo Leather Dye Source

My Cars
    87 M6, 90 325iC, 89 iX

0293 Indigo Leather Dye Source

Where do I find 0293 Indigo leather dye? None of the typical suppliers, Leatherique, World Upholstery, Leather Magic, Leather World Tech, etc... list this particular color.

I need to restore the leather in my 218 Alpine White 1990 325i convertible and can't find this color.

Yes, I know I could always take a sample from a place that has not been exposed to the sun and have the dye custom made but, I would have thought this would have been a standard color offered by someone in the aftermarket community.

Any suggestions?

My Cars
    87 Cabrio & 87 ETA
    I borrowed a leather swatch from my dealer and sent it to George at Leatherique to match. Reach out to him and if he doesnt have the formula he will match it
    87 Zinno Cabrio 98k Barn Find. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=268987
    87 Lachsilber ETA Time Capsule. bought w 125k from 87yo original owner

Cabrio deck lid & hinge struts (w sleeves) now for sale. See the link below for more info

New "made in Europe" seat shocks. PM for details
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...ot-Seat-Shocks

My Cars
    87 M6, 90 325iC, 89 iX
    I Emailed Leatherique yesterday and have already heard back from them. They suggested the same... send them a swatch that hasn't faded in the sun and they will custom match a color to it.

My Cars
    325ix, 325ix, 540i
    Leather Magic will do the same.
    If your e30 runs bad, switch to Megasquirt first. Then try new spark plugs, cap and rotor, wires, oxygen sensor, crank shaft position sensor, coolant temp sensor, air flow meter, idle control valve, throttle position sensor, digital motor electronics unit, harmonic balancer, fuel injectors, engine harness...

My Cars
    90 325ic
    Did anyone ever send any of the named companies a swatch? I am leaning towards getting tan pieces and dying them seeing as it has become a hassle finding the actual pieces I need.

0& Kershaw, your sig left out the C191 connector, that was the last piece in the puzzle of my poorly running M20 '92 Cabrio.

A day without a cabrio is like a day without sunshine.

My Cars
    87 Cabrio & 87 ETA
    I have 2 upper center cabrio panels in indigo that are both in very good shape. If anyone needs them just PM me
    87 Zinno Cabrio 98k Barn Find. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=268987

Cabrio deck lid & hinge struts (w sleeves) now for sale. See the link below for more info

My Cars
    90 325ic
    I depleted the rest of your stock.

lol

My Cars
    87 Cabrio & 87 ETA
    Quote Originally Posted by e30cabriolet View Post
    I depleted the rest of your stock.

lol
    You opted out of the centers so now the rest of the world gets a chance :p

My Cars
    90 325ic
    The upper centers are ok on my seats. (shockingly)

My Cars
    325ix, 325ix, 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by e30cabriolet View Post
    0& Kershaw, your sig left out the C191 connector, that was the last piece in the puzzle of my poorly running M20 '92 Cabrio.
    No I didn't. Read the last item I listed. And if that was the issue, megasquirt would not have fixed it. I replaced everything on the engine 3+ times.

The issue was quite an odd one. Wire degradation and body harmonics were interfering with the square wave signal for the CPS. Something within the gestalt of the car was causing the signal to become messy. Megasquirt has more advanced sensors and can read through the signal drop. Supposedly a brand new engine harness was also a viable option but since ix engine harnesses were nla I'd have to hack up a brand new is engine harness and megasquirt cost the same. And megasquirt adds a lot of functionality over stock so it was a no brainer.
    If your e30 runs bad, switch to Megasquirt first. Then try new spark plugs, cap and rotor, wires, oxygen sensor, crank shaft position sensor, coolant temp sensor, air flow meter, idle control valve, throttle position sensor, digital motor electronics unit, harmonic balancer, fuel injectors, engine harness...

My Cars
    90 325ic
    hmmmmmm

My Cars
    87 Cabrio & 87 ETA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
    No I didn't. Read the last item I listed. And if that was the issue, megasquirt would not have fixed it. I replaced everything on the engine 3+ times.

The issue was quite an odd one. Wire degradation and body harmonics were interfering with the square wave signal for the CPS. Something within the gestalt of the car was causing the signal to become messy. Megasquirt has more advanced sensors and can read through the signal drop. Supposedly a brand new engine harness was also a viable option but since ix engine harnesses were nla I'd have to hack up a brand new is engine harness and megasquirt cost the same. And megasquirt adds a lot of functionality over stock so it was a no brainer.
    You lost 90% of the forum when you said "gestalt". I won't even mention dating yourself

My Cars
    90 325ic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffnhiscars View Post
    You lost 90% of the forum when you said "gestalt". I won't even mention dating yourself
    Isn't dating yourself like dating your sister?

My Cars
    90 325ic
    So did anyone send a swatch in?

My Cars
    325ix, 325ix, 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffnhiscars View Post
    I knew once I hit 30 and I'd be out of touch with the young people.