Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion thread for Z3/M cars on BAT and other for sale/auction sites

My Cars
    BMWs: 1; MINIs: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Remotion View Post
    There's S54 coupe in steel gray going right now.
    Wow, whose car was that? BaT removed the listing and wrote:

After an extended discussion with the seller of this vehicle, it is become clear that his followthrough is questionable and that he has taken actions that will cause problems for any winning bidder. We do not tolerate such activity from dubious sellers, so we are unfortunately forced to cancel this auction, something we do very rarely. The seller will no longer be allowed to list, bid, or participate here on BaT. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
    I like the unicorns.
    '99 Z3 Coupe - Jet Black/Black (1-of-114)
    '99 M Coupe - Estoril Blue/Black (1-of-82)
    '03 540iT - Sterling Gray/Black (1-of-24)
    '16 Z4 sDrive35i - Estoril Blue/Walnut (1-of-8)

My Cars
    1997 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    NJ-based 2002 S54 M roadster with only 35k miles closes in a couple days on BaT.
    Lovely color:

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-bmw-m-roadster-2/

My Cars
    2001 Z3 3.0/5 roadster
    Sounds cool. Pay big bucks and have to drive away with an airbag warning light. Not!

My Cars
    z3
    I thought that thing might see $30k but its stagnated there. For an LSB...

Air bag light is usually not a big deal on these cars, but a $50 occupancy sensor or whatever might mean $5000 of value lost

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    1997 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    USD $26,500 (Reserve Not Met) on the LSBlue 2002
    And BANG! Another come comes up for auction:

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1999-bmw-m-roadster-7/

Last edited by Watch Carefully; 07-13-2017 at 03:47 PM.

My Cars
    1997 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Watch Carefully View Post
    OK, the one listed above went for a mere $8000...and there is another on BaT already:
    http://bringatrailer.com/listing/200...m-roadster-14/

BUT OMG!!!...

Estimate: $2,000,000 - $2,500,000

http://bringatrailer.com/2017/07/21/...58-bmw-507-s2/
    http://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/195...7-series-ii-3/
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 07-21-2017 at 01:12 PM.

My Cars
    1997 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Reserve not met (bit of a trend recently) on the silver roady below--$9200 high bid.

There is a Z4M Coupe on now:
    http://bringatrailer.com/listing/2007-bmw-z4-m-coupe-11/

My Cars
    1999 Z3 2.5L 5sp
    Reserve not met (bit of a trend recently) on the silver roady below--$9200 high bid.

"Reserve not met (bit of a trend recently) on the silver roady below... " I think: a bit of a discordance between the sell's view of its worth, and the rest of the world's... personally I'm siding with the rest of the world's view, ie, they're interesting cars, but really not terribly special, and given the money that some paid for them, one could have bought a truly interesting car.. having said that: I'm sure there's another Z3 or Z4 in my future - I like them, but having owned too many cars in the past, might have a broader view of their value. ... not to rain on anyone's parade, but sometimes group think tends to get out of line with reality [tulip bulbs come to mind, some time in the past].

My Cars
    z3
    Someone said tulips? I heard those are all the rage these days. Lets invest all of our money in that.

My Cars
    1997 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by gmushial View Post
    "Reserve not met (bit of a trend recently) on the silver roady below... " I think: a bit of a discordance between the sell's view of its worth, and the rest of the world's... personally I'm siding with the rest of the world's view, ie, they're interesting cars, but really not terribly special, and given the money that some paid for them, one could have bought a truly interesting car.. having said that: I'm sure there's another Z3 or Z4 in my future - I like them, but having owned too many cars in the past, might have a broader view of their value. ... not to rain on anyone's parade, but sometimes group think tends to get out of line with reality [tulip bulbs come to mind, some time in the past].
    Perhaps sellers are steered wrong by auction houses who set the reserve. I've noticed recently on BaT a number of M Roadster and Volvo 1800ES cars which have not met reserve, though bidding and commenting was spirited and the high bid seemed reasonable.

My Cars
    e30 m3, 99 M Roady

Seems like a trend for sure. Couldn't even get 5k on my project roadster for sale on ebay.

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    Perhaps sellers are steered wrong by auction houses who set the reserve. I've noticed recently on BaT a number of M Roadster and Volvo 1800ES cars which have not met reserve, though bidding and commenting was spirited and the high bid seemed reasonable.
    I had the opposite experience with BAT last September. I was selling my 2002 S8 with tons of extras, difficult to find NLA parts, and maintenance records up the wazoo, and they suggested a "no reserve" auction. I told them my reserve price was $14k (had it advertised locally for $16.5k and it had interest), they came back at $12k. We settled at $13.5k, and the car sold for $13.5k. All in all a good experience, but the folks over there don't just agree on your number out of the box. They must value the Z3M a bit higher than the current market (and of course as an owner, I agree with them!).
    Nathan in Denver

1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42

My Cars
    1997 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by s8ilver View Post
    I had the opposite experience with BAT last September. I was selling my 2002 S8 with tons of extras, difficult to find NLA parts, and maintenance records up the wazoo, and they suggested a "no reserve" auction. I told them my reserve price was $14k (had it advertised locally for $16.5k and it had interest), they came back at $12k. We settled at $13.5k, and the car sold for $13.5k. All in all a good experience, but the folks over there don't just agree on your number out of the box. They must value the Z3M a bit higher than the current market (and of course as an owner, I agree with them!).
    I'm glad to hear your experience was positive. I have been in touch with them about selling my '74 450SL. They suggested a 'no reserve' auction but, after correspondence, I decided that a little more preparation on my part would get the car ready for a 'reserve' auction. Price not yet determined, but it has a rare color combination and my hopes are high it will resonate with BaT Benz aficionados.

Personally, I think any Z3M worthy of being listed on BaT would be in the >$13k range and the best ones could approach $30k. I'm surprised that there has never been an AMG SLK32 on BaT but examples of Z3Ms and the Boxster S abound.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ADAz3M View Post
    Seems like a trend for sure. Couldn't even get 5k on my project roadster for sale on ebay.
    I was surprised that this one with the top and fewer than 100k miles didn't reach $10k. It had a few cosmetic issues, but nothing beyond what we discuss casually here every day. Some commenter even suggested the hardtop is worth $3k of the asking price. I would say it easily represents $2k (having spent that on mine and nec. hardware a few months back), but I get his point, as there are two rather more expensive tops on eBay this week.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by Watch
    Carefully;29783751
    Personally, I think any Z3M worthy of being listed on BaT would be in the >$13k range and the best ones could approach $30k.
    Ya know, at some point in time BaT was about cool but derelict cars, barn finds, old classics needing restoration. The kind of cars you need to Bring A Trailer to take home.
    A little sad to me then that now, by merely being accepted to post on BaT there is an inherent expectation that the car is in excellent shape, a lot of times even being required to be nearly concourse level.
    Bring a trailer?
    Bring a timemachine so I can go back to when BaT wasnt just a re-badged Hemmings

My Cars
    e30 m3, 99 M Roady
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Ya know, at some point in time BaT was about cool but derelict cars, barn finds, old classics needing restoration. The kind of cars you need to Bring A Trailer to take home.
    A little sad to me then that now, by merely being accepted to post on BaT there is an inherent expectation that the car is in excellent shape, a lot of times even being required to be nearly concourse level.
    Bring a trailer?
    Bring a timemachine so I can go back to when BaT wasnt just a re-badged Hemmings
    exactly

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    I had the same experience as S8ilver - when I sold my 636Csi BAT suggested "no reserve", then a low-ball reserve. I held my ground on what I thought was a reasonable reserve and the opening bid surpassed that. BAT is a great place for sellers who have an interesting or niche market car. Sellers need to do their homework and have a thick skin to deal with commenters in a professional fashion. Bimmerbreaker is correct - BAT isn't what it once was, but it is still a fun site. For more of what BAT used to be I favor DailyTurismo.com. What sites do other folks follow?

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by Powershouse View Post
    I had the same experience as S8ilver - when I sold my 636Csi BAT suggested "no reserve", then a low-ball reserve. I held my ground on what I thought was a reasonable reserve and the opening bid surpassed that. BAT is a great place for sellers who have an interesting or niche market car. Sellers need to do their homework and have a thick skin to deal with commenters in a professional fashion. Bimmerbreaker is correct - BAT isn't what it once was, but it is still a fun site. For more of what BAT used to be I favor DailyTurismo.com. What sites do other folks follow?
    That site is awesome, hadn't heard of it before. It does rekindle memories of ogling the junk on BaT in it's heyday...

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    4455 mile S52 Roadster for sale. Silver/Imola with a matching soft top!

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1999-bmw-m-roadster-8/
    Nathan in Denver

1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42

My Cars
    e30 m3, 99 M Roady
    Listed my project roadster on ebay for the 3rd time and no real bites at 5k.

I don't think the market is very strong right now.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    23k 2002 M Coupe

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-bmw-m-coupe-5/

I remember watching this thing stall out at $35k at Mecum.
    Nathan in Denver

My Cars
    1999 Z3 2.5L 5sp
    4455 mile S52 Roadster for sale. Silver/Imola with a matching soft top!

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1999-bmw-m-roadster-8/
    I'd be afraid to touch it... maybe it got driven once a month long enough to bring it up to temp... but my fear is that it has sat for years at a time, letting all the seals dry out... would rather have one with 60-100k miles, and evidence that it was driven at least a couple thousand miles each year. ... suspect that whoever buys it is in for a huge pile of unexpected maintenance to catch up on.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by gmushial View Post
    I'd be afraid to touch it... maybe it got driven once a month long enough to bring it up to temp... but my fear is that it has sat for years at a time, letting all the seals dry out... would rather have one with 60-100k miles, and evidence that it was driven at least a couple thousand miles each year. ... suspect that whoever buys it is in for a huge pile of unexpected maintenance to catch up on.
    Yup, 23k miles is right in that horrible spot of "not quite collectible, not quite a driver"

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Yup, 23k miles is right in that horrible spot of "not quite collectible, not quite a driver"
    I think he was referring to the 4455 mile Roadster. 23k miles over 15 years is ~125miles/month give or take, say 30 miles/week. If that's (10) 3 mile trips I'd be weary, but a 30 mile cruise on a sunny weekend day sounds reasonable and the not quite/not quite scenario you mention.

Now, the 4455 mile 1999 Roadster...247.5 miles/year, ~21 miles/month, <5 miles/week. Not my thing at all. Collector 100%. I'd be afraid to drive it without some serious maintenance refreshing, and then when that's done I'd be afraid to drive due to the odometer. The cycle would start all over again.

I'm perfectly happy with my 57k Roadster. Super clean, but not afraid to drive it at all.

Unless it hails.

It hails a lot here.

Last edited by s8ilver; 08-10-2017 at 04:52 PM.
    Nathan in Denver

My Cars
    1999 Z3 2.5L 5sp
    I think he was referring to the 4455 mile Roadster. 23k miles over 15 years is ~125miles/month give or take, say 30 miles/week. If that's (10) 3 mile trips I'd be weary, but a 30 mile cruise on a sunny weekend day sounds reasonable and the not quite/not quite scenario you mention.

Now, the 4455 mile 1999 Roadster...247.5 miles/year, ~21 miles/month, <5 miles/week. Not my thing at all. Collector 100%. I'd be afraid to drive it without some serious maintenance refreshing, and then when that's done I'd be afraid to drive due to the odometer. The cycle would start all over again.

I'm perfectly happy with my 57k Roadster. Super clean, but not afraid to drive it at all.

Unless it hails.

It hails a lot here.

Exactly. :-)

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast