Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Flared out 740il......i think

My Cars
    '95 740i
    That picture is awesome!

|| 1995 740i || M60B40 || DUDMD || ̶o̶r̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶ Mercedes Brilliant Blue Metallic || Style 168 Wheels 1" Spacers ||

My Cars
    E38 S62
    nice car, what is the lower front bumper splitter from?
    can you show som rear end pics?

My Cars
    '01 740i Sp, '07 335i
    Not my cup of tea...but I appreciate your creativity.........
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/krallopian/darthSigTest2_zpsn6zkw5id.jpg[/URL][URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/DFW7-Dallas-Fort-Worth-BMW-7-Series-Club/300942239566"]DFW7 on Facebook/URL]
    "The Last Great e38" 2001 i Sport - Born'd on date 1/01 Cosmos/Grey - 32.8K miles - 2 1/2 " Custom Exhaust, Center “X”over , Modified OEM rear bumper, M5 style trunk spoiler, M6 OEM wheels, M3 Steering wheel with working paddle shift & CF trim, Bi-Xenon upgrade, 13mm Rear sway bar added, SS brake lines and bronze bushings, Cross drilled rotors and painted calipers, Akebono pads, Zionsville aluminum radiator & exp. tank with electric fan, Sprint Booster, BluTooth conversion, MKIV Nav., Custom wood cupholder, DUDMD Tune, Orien V2.5 LED Angel Eyes, Evans waterless. Recently added grey faced //M5 Cluster - all gauges functioning. Changed the grey carpet to black and topped off with GG Bailey front/rear mats[/SIZE]

My Cars
    2000 540i Dinan,2015650i
    Looks pretty cool.

My Cars
    99 740iL
    I had a lot of people hate on me because I did something on traditional with my rims so you're going to have haters but I think it's cool that you were stepping outside the box and getting inventive. In my opinion it looks likely unfinished but it probably is What man does it have potential to be really really cool... Not saying that it isn't already. Love the creativity. Spirit heart is the purest go it's a twenty-year-old car almost time to let go they're cheap enough we can do whatever the hell you want to them

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

My Cars
    99 740iL
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek13letters View Post
    I had a lot of people hate on me because I did something on traditional with my rims so you're going to have haters but I think it's cool that you were stepping outside the box and getting inventive. In my opinion it looks likely unfinished but it probably is What man does it have potential to be really really cool... Not saying that it isn't already. Love the creativity. Spirit heart is the purest go it's a twenty-year-old car almost time to let go they're cheap enough we can do whatever the hell you want to them

Sorry about the typos.... I litterally hate my phone.... I think you sort of get what I'm saying.... Lol... I swear to God i can read and write at least at a 5th grade level.... Lol.... But the front view..... Awesome!
    I absolutely love the idea of widening out the offenders... If there was a way to make it look more not bolted on and natural it's pure genius but again it's a progress not perfection scenario

My Cars
    '01 740i Sp, '07 335i
    Understand the haters - I did this years ago to my '66 coupe and haters began. I liked it so that's all that mattered.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/krallopian/darthSigTest2_zpsn6zkw5id.jpg[/URL][URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/DFW7-Dallas-Fort-Worth-BMW-7-Series-Club/300942239566"]DFW7 on Facebook/URL]
    "The Last Great e38" 2001 i Sport - Born'd on date 1/01 Cosmos/Grey - 32.8K miles - 2 1/2 " Custom Exhaust, Center “X”over , Modified OEM rear bumper, M5 style trunk spoiler, M6 OEM wheels, M3 Steering wheel with working paddle shift & CF trim, Bi-Xenon upgrade, 13mm Rear sway bar added, SS brake lines and bronze bushings, Cross drilled rotors and painted calipers, Akebono pads, Zionsville aluminum radiator & exp. tank with electric fan, Sprint Booster, BluTooth conversion, MKIV Nav., Custom wood cupholder, DUDMD Tune, Orien V2.5 LED Angel Eyes, Evans waterless. Recently added grey faced //M5 Cluster - all gauges functioning. Changed the grey carpet to black and topped off with GG Bailey front/rear mats[/SIZE]

My Cars
    01 740il, 01 740i
    i dig it, weren't you the one with the honda accord front bumper on the silver one? you sig name looks familiar

My Cars
    1999 750i 1995 740i
    In Australia and New Zealand we had the Holden Torana. Standard it was just a car but it also came from the factory in a road/race version and what you've done is reminiscent of that. I'd always wanted one when I was younger but I'm thinking I almost like your E38 better.

Last edited by kulgan; 09-11-2016 at 01:01 AM.
    95 740i 99 750i

My Cars
    98 bmw740il

Pic

Another pic. Got a roof rack on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    00 750IL, 01 740IL
    Quote Originally Posted by nicky51 View Post
    Another pic. Got a roof rack on.
    Damn that wing is crazy

My Cars
    2001 740il
    I love it, I love it a lot. Is there a way to blend the flares into the body? like some bondo or something so the bolts on there and the separation lines don't stand out so much, make it look like it came like that. The E38 looks good due to its clean look, all attachments must look like they are part of the Tuxedo.

same goes for wing, its really nice, but the shape of the e38 makes it look to large/tall. I like everything a lot.
    Last edited by Zedbimmer; 09-11-2016 at 06:53 PM.

My Cars
    98 bmw740il
    Thanks again everybody. To answer some questions. The front is a plastic that comes in a roll. Its 4 inches and like 10 ft. long. Its from home depot and its for flower beds. The reason is its flexible enough to bend a thousand times and not break as for parking curbs or speed bumps. Way better than a 400 carbon fiber lip that eventually you will catch it on something. And it gives the appearance of a lowered car. And yes i had the silver e38 that i had the mugen accord bumper molded to fit. That was years ago and would not even attempt it again. And lastly im going for a rugged look so i dont want to mold in the flares or nothing clean like that. This car is going to get a bit crazier soon. Probably do a small shoot this weekend for more pics.

My Cars
    1999 540i M-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by nicky51 View Post
    Thanks again everybody. To answer some questions. The front is a plastic that comes in a roll. Its 4 inches and like 10 ft. long. Its from home depot and its for flower beds. The reason is its flexible enough to bend a thousand times and not break as for parking curbs or speed bumps. Way better than a 400 carbon fiber lip that eventually you will catch it on something. And it gives the appearance of a lowered car. And yes i had the silver e38 that i had the mugen accord bumper molded to fit. That was years ago and would not even attempt it again. And lastly im going for a rugged look so i dont want to mold in the flares or nothing clean like that. This car is going to get a bit crazier soon. Probably do a small shoot this weekend for more pics.
    Hey, can you tell how good is that led bar?
    I am thinking of putting same on my winter e38, as I will drive a lot at night.

And where did you get that bar, ebay?
    -E34 M60B40 + Tremec TKO 600 (sold)
    and sadly no old BMW anymore, only high powered Seat Leon Cupra 4Drive as a daily driver.

My Cars
    tbd
    Quote Originally Posted by nike32 View Post
    Hey, can you tell how good is that led bar?
    I am thinking of putting same on my winter e38, as I will drive a lot at night.

And where did you get that bar, ebay?
    if you go that route, you may want to consider elevating the location of the bar....being low like that will hinder long distance lighting.

even placing two lights behind the kidneys will (should) illuminate better. (I haven't seen a picture of his lightbar in action, but i'm confident that with it that low, it will not light up very well and will probably light up the ground right in front of the car a bit too much. sort of like holding a candle in front of your face and trying to look past it.)

If I may recommend these: http://offroad.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/52231 I have used them in the past.

Looking to buy

My Cars
    1999 540i M-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamer321 View Post
    if you go that route, you may want to consider elevating the location of the bar....being low like that will hinder long distance lighting.

even placing two lights behind the kidneys will (should) illuminate better. (I haven't seen a picture of his lightbar in action, but i'm confident that with it that low, it will not light up very well and will probably light up the ground right in front of the car a bit too much. sort of like holding a candle in front of your face and trying to look past it.)

If I may recommend these: http://offroad.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/52231 I have used them in the past.
    Way too expensive for winter beater.
    I can get from local store, good quality ones for 200e.
    and sadly no old BMW anymore, only high powered Seat Leon Cupra 4Drive as a daily driver.

My Cars
    tbd
    Way too expensive for winter beater.
    I can get from local store, good quality ones for 200e.

completely understandable, but you get the point: higher is better.

would be interesting if someone made a mount for the hood vent/windshield washer nozzle area. a curved light bar would fit nicely.

Looking to buy

My Cars
    1999 540i M-sport
    completely understandable, but you get the point: higher is better.

would be interesting if someone made a mount for the hood vent/windshield washer nozzle area. a curved light bar would fit nicely.
    I might try, as I have nothing to loose with that cracked bumper on 725.

My Cars
    2000 740IL
    that trunk spoiler thing...
    WTF

My Cars
    tbd
    I might try, as I have nothing to loose with that cracked bumper on 725.
    a single row bar might fit below the headlights, above the license plate?

Capture.JPG

Looking to buy

My Cars
    1999 540i M-sport
    a single row bar might fit below the headlights, above the license plate?

Capture.JPG

Yea, exactly. One way is to take off the side moldings, and bolt through the bumper strenghtner.

My Cars
    tbd
    that would be awesome. I'm really enjoying this haha

Looking to buy

My Cars
    1999 540i M-sport
    that would be awesome. I'm really enjoying this haha
    I wouldnt done this on blue one.

But on 725 I dont have nothing to loose.
    There is alredy missing driver side molding and bumper is cracked.. and no fogs, and diesel fogs are hard to find.

When I will paint a bumper from 750 parts car, to calypso, then of course I will think something else.

My Cars
    525it,02 525it,73 2002
    Outside the box. Like it.

My Cars
    98 bmw740il
    Hi again. Getting ready for a show here this weekend. Doing stuff on the car everyday. Let me tell you about the light bar. Where i have it mounted although low it lights up the road like nothing else. I got mine from amazon but some advice. Its my second one because first one got water in it right away. The second one i put clear silicone around every seam and it worked flawlessly. Just a tip. Also mine is 34 inches.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi again. Getting ready for a show here this weekend. Doing stuff on the car everyday. Let me tell you about the light bar. Where i have it mounted although low it lights up the road like nothing else. I got mine from amazon but some advice. Its my second one because first one got water in it right away. The second one i put clear silicone around every seam and it worked flawlessly. Just a tip. Also mine is 34 inches.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast