Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bmw e36 short shifter with adjustable shifting length

My Cars
    E34 TURBO

Bmw e36 short shifter with adjustable shifting length

BMW E36 SHORT SHIFTER WITH ADJUSTABLE SHIFTING LENGTH

This short shifter quickly became popular among drifters, racers and daily drivers.

The new version of the short shifter is 2.1? (5.5cm) taller than the previous and the supadupa short throw remains the same as the bottom min length is reduced.

Top length is 10.8? / 27.5cm

Bottom max is 3.9? / 9.9cm and minimum 2.2?/ 5.7cm.

The client photos are with the first version short shifter ( 2.1? / 5.5cm shorter)

List Date: 9/5/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: BMW E36 SHORT SHIFTER WITH ADJUSTABLE SHIFTING LENGTH
    --------------------------------------
    On Sale For: $180.00

--------------------------------------

My Cars
    98 m3
    How does it mount?
    What is the top length?
    Min and max bottom length?
    Construction material?
    1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold
    1998 M3 Turbo Arctic/black - current
    2004 Built motor TiAg/Black - Sold
    2008 E61 19T Turbo-Wagon - current
    2011 E82 135i - S85 Swap - current
    1998 M3 Cosmos S54 swapped Sedan - current

1998 Turbo: PTE6870 | 1.15 ar | Hp Cover, Custom Divided T4 bottom-mount, 3.5" SS exhaust, Dual Turbosmart Compgates, Turbosmart Raceport BOV, 3.5" Treadstone Intercooler, 3.5" Vibrant resonator and muffler, Arp 2k Headstuds | Arp 2k Main studs | 87mm Je pistons | Eagle rods | 9.2:1 static compression, Ces 87mm cutring, Custom solid rear subframe bushings, Akg 85d diff bushings, 4 clutch 3.15 diff, , Poly engine mounts, UUC trans mounts W/ enforcers, 22RPD OBD2 Stock ECU id1700 E85 tune, 22RPD Big power Transmission swap w/ GS6-53

My Cars
    98 m3
    Vollosso (a) gmail
    1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold
    1998 M3 Turbo Arctic/black - current
    2004 Built motor TiAg/Black - Sold
    2008 E61 19T Turbo-Wagon - current
    2011 E82 135i - S85 Swap - current
    1998 M3 Cosmos S54 swapped Sedan - current

1998 Turbo: PTE6870 | 1.15 ar | Hp Cover, Custom Divided T4 bottom-mount, 3.5" SS exhaust, Dual Turbosmart Compgates, Turbosmart Raceport BOV, 3.5" Treadstone Intercooler, 3.5" Vibrant resonator and muffler, Arp 2k Headstuds | Arp 2k Main studs | 87mm Je pistons | Eagle rods | 9.2:1 static compression, Ces 87mm cutring, Custom solid rear subframe bushings, Akg 85d diff bushings, 4 clutch 3.15 diff, , Poly engine mounts, UUC trans mounts W/ enforcers, 22RPD OBD2 Stock ECU id1700 E85 tune, 22RPD Big power Transmission swap w/ GS6-53

My Cars
    E34 TURBO
    Quote Originally Posted by vollosso View Post
    How does it mount?
    What is the top length?
    Min and max bottom length?
    Construction material?
    Hey,
    It mounts from the cabin and there is the plate which comes from bottom and is bolted with our stainless steel 8mm Allen bolts.
    Top length is 8.8"
    Bottom is max 3.9" and min is 2.3"
    Construction material is steel, knob is plastic, the upper 4 Allen screws are stainless steel.

Hope that helps

My Cars
    99 Miata, 95 M3?
    Quote Originally Posted by cliqtuning View Post
    Hey,
    It mounts from the cabin and there is the plate which comes from bottom and is bolted with our stainless steel 8mm Allen bolts.
    Top length is 8.8"
    Bottom is max 3.9" and min is 2.3"
    Construction material is steel, knob is plastic, the upper 4 Allen screws are stainless steel.

Hope that helps
    Very interested if you can email me at collinhook8@gmail with videos and info please

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E34 TURBO
    bump, back in stock

m3mods is offline Boost Addict BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    AC Schnitzer S3 CLS
    Do you have any pics of it installed?

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i Sedan
    Interested but would like to see pics and videos if any. Thanks.

My Cars
    E34 TURBO
    The video is finally available. MillerTimeBMW did a review!

https://youtu.be/5k4z9WKqEQY

My Cars
    Hellrot E36 M3
    Is this recommended for use with solid engine mounts and transmission mounts?

My Cars
    E34 TURBO
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbic View Post
    Is this recommended for use with solid engine mounts and transmission mounts?
    Yep!

My Cars
    Yep!
    Interested in trying one. What's the best way to order and approx how long does shipping take?
    2002 BMW M Roaster.
    1998 BMW 328is SCCA E Production road racer.

My Cars
    E34 TURBO
    Quote Originally Posted by CoMZ302 View Post
    Interested in trying one. What's the best way to order and approx how long does shipping take?
    Hey, its really great short shifter!
    The best way would be ordering on our site http://cliqtuning.com with code cliqwinter15 - total with shipping included using that code makes it $148. Regular shipping usually is 10-13 working days, with express its 5-7 days.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Convertible
    Probably a silly question, but is this daily driveable? I don't mind some NVH. What's the shift knob thread size? Thanks.
    1999 Cosmos M3 'Vert - CDV Delete, Fan Delete (with kit, upgraded water pump w/ metal impeller, & aluminum thermostat housing), ASC-T Delete w/ Mishimoto Boot & K&N CAI w/ AEM DryFlow Filter, Throttle Body Coolant Bypass, Umnitza TSE Exhaust, UUC Underdrive Pullies, F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch w/ 10.5 lb. Aluminum Flywheel & SS Clutch Line, CliqTuning Shifter, H&R Sport Springs w/ Koni Yellows & Reinforcement Plates, Ultra Racing Strut Bar, H&R Front Sway Bar, Powerflex FCABs, Rogue Engineering RSMs & 93a RTABs, Condor Speed Shop Differential Bushings w/ 10.9 Bolt, R1 Concepts Slotted & Drilled Rotors w/ PFC Z-Rated & Akebono Euro Pads & SS Brake Lines, MM Aluminum Underpanel, Random Exterior Touches, and more to come...

My Cars
    E34 TURBO
    Quote Originally Posted by SemiColin View Post
    Probably a silly question, but is this daily driveable? I don't mind some NVH. What's the shift knob thread size? Thanks.
    Hey, sorry for the delay, missed the email notification.
    Yeah man, for 90% guys it should awesome addon to daily drive 🔥🔥🔥
    Its M12x1.25.

Cheers

My Cars
    Got mine installed last night. I'm really impressed... There's really only one thing I would change about the thing and that would just make it cost more.

Really, well done - this is a good shifter for the price.

I love how I can adjust how much throw it has - really impressed.

My Cars
    So, as a followup, I'll offer these two bits of advice for anyone who gets one and needs a little install guidance.

I have an AKG DSSR, and the clearance of the new shifter is really tight (which is what you want). Rather that fumbling around under the car, lining up the pin the the bottom of shifter, first remove the DSSR from the car, then while it's out, align the shifter hole, the DSSR hole, and the pin on your workbench where you can see everything. Use a little Mystery Oil (or whatever) or the first few shifts will seem really tight.

The other tip is - this thing mounts using a plate under the shifter to hold it to the trans tunnel. I didn't have a second set of hands to hold that thing up for me - so I just used two zip straps through the existing holes in the trans tunnel to hold up the plate. After you thread in the four bolts, before you tighten them down, just cut the zip straps, and voila- no helper needed.

Hope this helps someone.

--Bill
    Last edited by CoMZ302; 02-03-2017 at 02:50 PM. Reason: I needed to edit it.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Convertible
    Just purchased this, can't wait to get it installed! How short of a throw are you guys adjusting your shifters to? I figure that the added height and leverage will negate some of the added effort from shortening the throw. Other than added effort and feel, there's no other disadvantages to going as short as possible, correct? Thanks!
    1999 Cosmos M3 'Vert - CDV Delete, Fan Delete (with kit, upgraded water pump w/ metal impeller, & aluminum thermostat housing), ASC-T Delete w/ Mishimoto Boot & K&N CAI w/ AEM DryFlow Filter, Throttle Body Coolant Bypass, Umnitza TSE Exhaust, UUC Underdrive Pullies, F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch w/ 10.5 lb. Aluminum Flywheel & SS Clutch Line, CliqTuning Shifter, H&R Sport Springs w/ Koni Yellows & Reinforcement Plates, Ultra Racing Strut Bar, H&R Front Sway Bar, Powerflex FCABs, Rogue Engineering RSMs & 93a RTABs, Condor Speed Shop Differential Bushings w/ 10.9 Bolt, R1 Concepts Slotted & Drilled Rotors w/ PFC Z-Rated & Akebono Euro Pads & SS Brake Lines, MM Aluminum Underpanel, Random Exterior Touches, and more to come...

My Cars
    Just purchased this, can't wait to get it installed! How short of a throw are you guys adjusting your shifters to? I figure that the added height and leverage will negate some of the added effort from shortening the throw. Other than added effort and feel, there's no other disadvantages to going as short as possible, correct? Thanks!
    I had the same thought... then in reality the shifts are so short I actually didn't like it. I didn't measure but I'd guess I was out just around an inch.
    2002 BMW M Roaster.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Convertible
    Hey, sorry for the delay, missed the email notification.
    Yeah man, for 90% guys it should awesome addon to daily drive 🔥🔥🔥
    Its M12x1.25.

Cheers
    Hi, I just received my shifter and wasn't able to fit my 12x1.25 shift knob on it. It wouldn't screw all the way down.

My Cars

Hi, I just received my shifter and wasn't able to fit my 12x1.25 shift knob on it. It wouldn't screw all the way down.
    I'm not affiliated at all but I did buy this shifter

The knob that comes with it is very tall - thus the long threads

If you're committed to using your shift knob get yourself a 12x1.25 nut, thread it onto the shifter then cut off the extra threads. You'll have to do the math yourself on how much to cut off. Using an angle grinder cut as straight as you can above the nut. When you're done cutting the nut should still be on the shifter. As you remove the nut it will straighten the threads back out enough to put your shifter on there.

I was certain I would change out the knob but I'm going to stick with it for now. I kinda like it and the extended length which I was not expecting.
    2002 BMW M Roaster.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Convertible
    I have a couple shift knobs and a nut from a buddies manual Toyota (12x1.25) that won't thread fully on the shifter. Thanks for the advice, but I'd rather not modify the shifter if I don't absolutely have to. It's just that I have this sweet tall weighted shift knob that would work great on it. If the threads are different, maybe I could purchase a different one that'll work without modification. I'll try the stock knob out first, though!
    Btw, this is the shift knob I'm talking about: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/070...g?v=1448063569

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Convertible
    *UPDATE*
    Problem solved! So, the Cliq shift knob goes on and off like a charm. I tried a few 12x1.25 knobs that fit easily on toyota shifters and they didn't want to go on, making me think the Cliq shifter is actually a different thread (I was afraid of trying to force them on and ruining the thread). So out of curiosity, I try the Cliq knob on a toyota and it works just fine?! I then held the Cliq shifter in a vice, and with some force, finally got a 12x1.25 nut to thread onto it. Turns out, it just requires some force to get it started due to the top of the shifter threads being a bit sticky.

TL,DR Cliq shifter works fine, just muscle your own shift knob on.
    Last edited by SemiColin; 02-12-2017 at 06:20 PM.

My Cars
    Awesome glad you got it and thanks for the tip. Where'd you find that knob? I'm looking for one like akg sells with the correct threads

https://www.akgmotorsport.com/wp-con...port-QS236.jpg
    2002 BMW M Roaster.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Convertible
    The one I have is off this website: http://www.dndperformanceinterior.co...ns/shift-knobs. I have the "Tall Race Knob". I'll try to take comparison pics when I can! I would've loved to have a golf ball style motorsport shift knob, but they won't fit the shifter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast