Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425
Results 601 to 620 of 620

Thread: What did you buy your Z3 this week? v3.0...........

  1. #601
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,948
    My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by z3forlife View Post
    Now all you need Nathan is a set of superstars.
    I dunno, maybe a used set someday. I prefer used so I can make 'em nice for cheap. I think I'd love some Fiske FM-5, but so hard to find. There's also some cool Alpina E36 fitment stuff that interests me.

    I still want to do a polished or brushed set of Roadstars, perhaps widening them as well. I have two sets, so wouldn't feel as bad about it. Too many ideas, not enough time, nor cars to bolt them to.

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Nathan in Denver

    1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Imperial, PA
    Posts
    577
    My Cars
    1998 Z3, 2.8; 2000 328Ci
    The Z3 (and the E46) got a control arm bushing tool set.
    IMG_3279.jpg

  3. #603
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    195
    My Cars
    M3, and M Coupe
    2 steering wheel clocksprings from eBay hoping at least one of them works!

  4. #604
    Z3speed4me's Avatar
    Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Westfield, NJ
    Posts
    11,778
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Planted brackets and vac mounts... ATTEMPTING to finally fit these PP's in the car!

    ~Ken~ {'99 M coupe : 1 of 118} THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

  5. #605
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    3,583
    My Cars
    E36M3/E46M3/E39M5/E63M6
    This is about half of what I bought...the other half still en route.
    Doing a full susp. rebuild/refresh:

    E36/8 2000 M Coupe Cosmos Black/Black
    Shark, Conforti CAI, B&B Exhaust, H&R, Bilstein, AKG Subframe/Diff, UUC TME Red/Caps, Swapped Front Hats, Ice>Link.
    ================================================== =======================

  6. #606
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    644
    My Cars
    1999 Z3
    'nice. Are those Bilsteins the B6 or B8?

    Also, just out of curiousity, has anyone ever installed the ZM bushings with the voids rotatated 180 degrees? If so, what were the results?
    Last edited by Hoyt Clagwell; 12-06-2021 at 09:06 PM.

  7. #607
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Arida Zona
    Posts
    28,424
    My Cars
    z3
    The brand new sway bar kind of seems like overkill, but I admire the completeness of the refresh

  8. #608
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    3,583
    My Cars
    E36M3/E46M3/E39M5/E63M6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt Clagwell View Post
    'nice. Are those Bilsteins the B6 or B8?

    Also, just out of curiousity, has anyone ever installed the ZM bushings with the voids rotatated 180 degrees? If so, what were the results?
    I have lowering springs, so B8s.
    You mean top mounts? I have them swapped, and it has been just fine, gives you a bit more camber (with proper alignment). But you don't rotate them, you swap them left to right, unless you mean something else.

    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    The brand new sway bar kind of seems like overkill, but I admire the completeness of the refresh
    My old one had one of the ends with paint that got chipped, and it rusted. And sway bar link was constantly slipping off.
    I'm doing complete refresh, with everything that is leaking, rusty, old, and just unsightly being replaced. Just re-sealed the diff (both axles and pinion), rebuilt the shifter, replaced selector rod seal, giubo, csb, and bushings, in the back, inner/outer tie rods, shocks, mounts, etc. Replaced bunch or old tired hardware and rubbers too. Got some Lemforder ball joints to press into old control arms - taking to a local shop to press tomorrow. Should be real nice when done.
    E36/8 2000 M Coupe Cosmos Black/Black
    Shark, Conforti CAI, B&B Exhaust, H&R, Bilstein, AKG Subframe/Diff, UUC TME Red/Caps, Swapped Front Hats, Ice>Link.
    ================================================== =======================

  9. #609
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    644
    My Cars
    1999 Z3
    Quote Originally Posted by TexaZ3 View Post
    I have lowering springs, so B8s.
    You mean top mounts? I have them swapped, and it has been just fine, gives you a bit more camber (with proper alignment). But you don't rotate them, you swap them left to right, unless you mean something else.
    I meant the FCABs. I was thinking that they might feel stiffer than stock that way but not as hard as poly.
    Last edited by Hoyt Clagwell; 12-07-2021 at 02:50 AM.

  10. #610
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    3,583
    My Cars
    E36M3/E46M3/E39M5/E63M6
    Ah, I see. I have not tried it, but interesting take on this. I'm afraid they will wear a lot quicker this way. I have two sets, maybe its time to experiment?
    E36/8 2000 M Coupe Cosmos Black/Black
    Shark, Conforti CAI, B&B Exhaust, H&R, Bilstein, AKG Subframe/Diff, UUC TME Red/Caps, Swapped Front Hats, Ice>Link.
    ================================================== =======================

  11. #611
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    McLean, VA
    Posts
    4,379
    My Cars
    02 MC, 01 MR, 99 Z3C
    Are these reverse mount RSM’s?

    D5466477-B1A7-4EB7-8654-535249A1A027.jpg
    Kelvin

  12. #612
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    854
    My Cars
    ...it depands
    Quote Originally Posted by KBH22102 View Post
    Are these reverse mount RSM’s?
    To me, it looks like a normal RSM. Anyhow, looks like a fun time ahead of you, OP. Enjoy!
    2011 328i E92 Space Gray Metallic / Leder Dakota+Oyster
    2003 330i Titanium Silver / Black
    2000 Z3 M Titanium Silver / Imola Red+Black Nappa
    2001 330cic Metallic Steel Gray / Gray
    2000 Z3 2.8 Topaz Blue Metallic / Beige
    1997 Z3 1.8 Atlanta Blue Metallic / Beige
    Since 1987 12 euros / 2 kdms / 2 jdms
    - Zach

  13. #613
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    3,583
    My Cars
    E36M3/E46M3/E39M5/E63M6
    Quote Originally Posted by KBH22102 View Post
    Are these reverse mount RSM’s?

    D5466477-B1A7-4EB7-8654-535249A1A027.jpg
    Nope, regular reinforced M3 ones. I actually have the reverse mounts on the car right now. They are great, but I'm trying to go back to stock, so putting conventional ones in. I know the interior disassembly is not going to be fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by nevan View Post
    To me, it looks like a normal RSM. Anyhow, looks like a fun time ahead of you, OP. Enjoy!
    Half way through the rebuild. Man, I know why these things take forever. All the "while in there" things, and I'm on my 3rd parts order after I started and thought I had "everything I need" already. SMH!
    E36/8 2000 M Coupe Cosmos Black/Black
    Shark, Conforti CAI, B&B Exhaust, H&R, Bilstein, AKG Subframe/Diff, UUC TME Red/Caps, Swapped Front Hats, Ice>Link.
    ================================================== =======================

  14. #614
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Rock Hill, SC
    Posts
    713
    My Cars
    2000 BMW M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by TexaZ3 View Post
    This is about half of what I bought...the other half still en route.
    Doing a full susp. rebuild/refresh:
    I feel compelled to let you know that I have those same struts and I do not like them. When I put them on I thought I would never lower the car, but now I want to and my only choice is to go full coil overs or get some used OEM struts and cut them for the inserts.

  15. #615
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    3,583
    My Cars
    E36M3/E46M3/E39M5/E63M6
    Quote Originally Posted by pine1000 View Post
    I feel compelled to let you know that I have those same struts and I do not like them. When I put them on I thought I would never lower the car, but now I want to and my only choice is to go full coil overs or get some used OEM struts and cut them for the inserts.
    I had those same struts on my car for the last 15 years and I love them to bits (this is my 3rd set). B8s are made specifically for lowering, and my car is pretty low as it is. In fact, if I go any lower, I'd be rubbing pretty bad on stock rubber, even with additional .5 degree camber and 15mm spacers that I have up front.



    I'm as low as I can be without sacrificing drivability. Getting coilovers "can" get you lower, but it won't matter cause that won't be practical. I literally just went through these calculations when I was contemplating the shocks. Also, the only inserts that require you to cut stock bodies are Koni, and they won't get you lower than B8s.
    E36/8 2000 M Coupe Cosmos Black/Black
    Shark, Conforti CAI, B&B Exhaust, H&R, Bilstein, AKG Subframe/Diff, UUC TME Red/Caps, Swapped Front Hats, Ice>Link.
    ================================================== =======================

  16. #616
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Schererville, Indiana
    Posts
    734
    My Cars
    2000 Z3 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by TexaZ3 View Post
    I had those same struts on my car for the last 15 years and I love them to bits (this is my 3rd set). B8s are made specifically for lowering, and my car is pretty low as it is. In fact, if I go any lower, I'd be rubbing pretty bad on stock rubber, even with additional .5 degree camber and 15mm spacers that I have up front.



    I'm as low as I can be without sacrificing drivability. Getting coilovers "can" get you lower, but it won't matter cause that won't be practical. I literally just went through these calculations when I was contemplating the shocks. Also, the only inserts that require you to cut stock bodies are Koni, and they won't get you lower than B8s.
    Looking at the pic of your car, it appears that you have quite a bit of camber in the rear. Do you have any problems with tire wear?

  17. #617
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Rock Hill, SC
    Posts
    713
    My Cars
    2000 BMW M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by TexaZ3 View Post
    I had those same struts on my car for the last 15 years and I love them to bits (this is my 3rd set). B8s are made specifically for lowering, and my car is pretty low as it is. In fact, if I go any lower, I'd be rubbing pretty bad on stock rubber, even with additional .5 degree camber and 15mm spacers that I have up front.

    I'm as low as I can be without sacrificing drivability. Getting coilovers "can" get you lower, but it won't matter cause that won't be practical. I literally just went through these calculations when I was contemplating the shocks. Also, the only inserts that require you to cut stock bodies are Koni, and they won't get you lower than B8s.
    I missed that in your earlier post. I've got the B6 instead of the B8 struts.

  18. #618
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,966
    My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    I couldn’t get rid of the B8s fast enough. Beat the hell out of the chassis and me. I had them while running H&M lowering springs. Great on perfect blacktop but not anywhere else. Good luck

  19. #619
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Spring TX, USA
    Posts
    260
    My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    Quote Originally Posted by z3forlife View Post
    I couldn’t get rid of the B8s fast enough. Beat the hell out of the chassis and me. I had them while running H&M lowering springs. Great on perfect blacktop but not anywhere else. Good luck
    I have B8s on stock height springs, they've been great. I will eventually move to a full ground control kit as soon as I can get them to make a matching adjustable rear swaybar. But for $300 for a used set, and my original springs, it's fantastic. I had to work a little harder to get the stock height springs to compress enough but it was a joy to drive with them. Much better control over stock equivalent (not worn out) components

  20. #620
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    3,583
    My Cars
    E36M3/E46M3/E39M5/E63M6
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaRoadster View Post
    Looking at the pic of your car, it appears that you have quite a bit of camber in the rear. Do you have any problems with tire wear?
    Haha, define problems? Set of rears usually lasts me 15-20k miles at best. I usually put about 2-3K miles on this car a year, so right within a time frame where they need to be replaced. So technically, no, I don't have any problems. But they do wear faster on the inside.

    Quote Originally Posted by pine1000 View Post
    I missed that in your earlier post. I've got the B6 instead of the B8 struts.
    Yup, B6s are the same length and ride height as stock.

    Quote Originally Posted by z3forlife View Post
    I couldn’t get rid of the B8s fast enough. Beat the hell out of the chassis and me. I had them while running H&M lowering springs. Great on perfect blacktop but not anywhere else. Good luck
    That doesn't mean they are bad setup, it just means you prefer a more cushy ride. I also have them on H&R and the setup has been fantastic for my liking. They handle excellent and harshness does not bother me at all, in fact, when I switched to Konis few years ago as an experiment, I took them off within a week and put my B8s/H&R set back on.

    We do have fairly nice roads where I live. The springs are super compressed in the back, but they are progressive, and have enough travel not to hit internal bump stops 95% of the time. That is why I get a new set of dampers every so often, even though the ones I just took off the car are still pretty much perfectly functional.



    Under the weight of the car (without the exhaust obviously):


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyMaddox View Post
    I have B8s on stock height springs, they've been great. I will eventually move to a full ground control kit as soon as I can get them to make a matching adjustable rear swaybar. But for $300 for a used set, and my original springs, it's fantastic. I had to work a little harder to get the stock height springs to compress enough but it was a joy to drive with them. Much better control over stock equivalent (not worn out) components
    100% agree.
    E36/8 2000 M Coupe Cosmos Black/Black
    Shark, Conforti CAI, B&B Exhaust, H&R, Bilstein, AKG Subframe/Diff, UUC TME Red/Caps, Swapped Front Hats, Ice>Link.
    ================================================== =======================

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Similar Threads

  1. What did you buy your Z3 this week? v2.0...........
    By Terry F. in forum 1996 - 2002 Z3 (E36/7, E36/8)
    Replies: 1174
    Last Post: 02-19-2017, 10:50 PM
  2. What did you buy for your e36 M3 this week v2.0
    By MauiM3Mania in forum 1992 - 1999 M3 (E36)
    Replies: 998
    Last Post: 08-08-2014, 07:16 PM
  3. What did you buy your Z3 this week?
    By ZUUD BYE in forum 1996 - 2002 Z3 (E36/7, E36/8)
    Replies: 2709
    Last Post: 08-07-2014, 04:40 PM
  4. What did you buy for your e36 M3 this week
    By hellrot98m3 in forum 1992 - 1999 M3 (E36)
    Replies: 2522
    Last Post: 11-26-2011, 02:50 PM
  5. So, what did you buy your bimmer for Christmas?
    By QuickSilv3r in forum General BMW and Automotive Discussion sponsored by Intercity Lines
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-17-2005, 02:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •