Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you buy your Z3 this week? v3.0...........

My Cars
    ‘02 BMW M Coupe
    Got some new badging all around as to colors were fading.

How they look on the car...
    (I may have modified slightly)

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    Got this done Friday IMG_1204.jpg

and this came yesterday
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster
    I got some connectors for wiring on my amplifier. And some wire loom. And wire ferrules. And a rheostat. And an LED pilot light. And a relay. And a 3 position selector switch.

I'm full of questionable decisions. I really hate the OEM headlight/parking lights/dimmer switch combo. I wanted the dimmer to be separate so that I wouldn't accidentally change its settings while turning on my lights, so I got an illuminable SIRIUS ACT or whatever selector switch from Siemens (3 positions, latching) to control the lights. I wasn't going to have enough contact blocks on the switch and auxiliary blocks have to be imported, so I got a relay to run the last circuit. I got a 75W 10Ω rheostat from Ohmite for super cheap (yay for new old stock!). I'll need to make a little panel to mount it on, but I don't have a dashboard right now anyway so I can basically do whatever with no feelings of guilt.

I also got a used A/C compressor that I need to install and test for leaks. I have a ton of O-rings for the A/C system which also require installation. Once that's all straightened out, I need to get a new expansion valve and accumulator-drier...again. The old compressor had aluminium fragments in it.

I want to swap my 600 lbs rear springs for some 550 or 500 units, in a shorter height, but that has to wait.

I have a new top for it, but that's going to have to wait for a good weekend to replace. Probably going to need help.

My Cars
    2020 M2C
    Zionsville high capacity oil cooler to go with the S54 Super Comp radiator I already had.
    http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com/s...um-oil-cooler/

Also time to replace ace the old Vorschlag wheel studs with new from Turner
    https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...6-e9x/?pdk=Ewk

Epic Motorsports tune to go with the Bimmerworld CSL plenum

2E3E9CD9-D1FA-480C-8D62-E405962A9417.jpeg
    Bill
    2002 M Coupe. Steel Gray/Black.

My Cars
    1998 Z3 M Roadster.
    Quote Originally Posted by z3forlife View Post
    They're $34 from roadster solutions
    Or buy a roll of black magnetic vinyl and cut a set plus lots of replacements out

Wall26 24"x 60" (2 by 5 feet) .30mil Super Strong Flexible Magnet Material https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GQ048EQ..._SqyWAbY4XZ0YX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    z3
    Plugs for the M coupe... gonna get her finished up and sold... too many other priorities right now!

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveG66 View Post
    Just joined the M Roadster club as well, another Hoosier!!! There are 4 now that I know of in Indiana including mine. Love the Red, that's my first choice but ended up with a Boston Green.
    congratulations @SteveG66. The green is also a very nice color.

I just moved my Z3M out of the storage place today...still not warm enough to drive her with the top down, but wanted to get her ready. Installed a new illuminated shift knob today and vacuumed her out a bit.

Now for some some warm weather !

Cheers,

Greg
    Tally Ho

http://wcwebs.net/johnson
    1988 O'Day 322 sailboat - (unlimited mpg)

2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster (25 mpg - but who cares)

2019 Subaru Outback
    (30+ MPG)

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster

Illuminated shift knob not so hard...

Quote Originally Posted by potxoli View Post
    no. Took the easy route.
    I replaced my illuminated knob on my Z3M this weekend. Some great videos on a YouTube that show exactly how to do it...

took all of 5 minutes once I watched the video....

https://youtu.be/pYO1z9XvgZU

old knob had a nick in the leather that drove me nuts. New one is great...feels good in my hand and nicely illuminated.

Greg
    Tally Ho

http://wcwebs.net/johnson
    1988 O'Day 322 sailboat - (unlimited mpg)

2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster (25 mpg - but who cares)

2019 Subaru Outback
    (30+ MPG)

My Cars
    00 Imola E/S TS M Coupe
    Thayer motorsport shift pins and differential kit as well as a stack boost gauge.

My Cars
    1998 Z3, 2.8; 2000 328Ci

Purchased visco fan clutch. No real issues with the original that I can tell, but will replace as a preventive measure in the next few weeks.

https://www.amazon.com/Behr-Hella-Se...ype=automotive

AMZN application guide indicates that it is not compatible with my 98 Z3, but some part numbers associated crossed over on Real OEM....

My Cars
    1998 Z3 M Roadster.

She’s 20 years old this week.
    Last knob came off in my hand during an auto cross.
    Going to gorilla glue this bitch in place.

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    Now that spring finally is here in Annapolis, I got new sun burn on my forehead (ok my bald head)
    cruising around the last two days with the top down! ��

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by magnetchief View Post

She’s 20 years old this week.
    Last knob came off in my hand during an auto cross.
    Going to gorilla glue this bitch in place.

My illuminated ZHP knob and a few other bits from LeatherZ were "delivered" a couple weeks ago. Package was stolen and USPS denied the claim. So, I bought this yesterday (definitely bolting this b!tch in place):

box.jpg

Now I'm trying to stomach buying the same items again.
    Last edited by s8ilver; 04-16-2018 at 04:23 PM.
    Nathan in Denver

1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42

My Cars
    1998 Z3 M Roadster.
    Scum everywhere.
    It's pricey enough without having to buy it twice.
    Do you have no recourse with USPS or LeatherZ ? That's appaling.

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by magnetchief View Post
    Scum everywhere.
    It's pricey enough without having to buy it twice.
    Do you have no recourse with USPS or LeatherZ ? That's appaling.
    Andy (LZ) filed a claim, and USPS sent him a letter denying the claim since their records "indicate this package was delivered as addressed." He (I?) can write a letter to USPS to appeal "focused on the basis of the claim denial," whatever the F that means. I think I shall. I've had instances where USPS shows a package as delivered prior, and when I've called the post office they've had the package. How do I know they still don't have it?! When I bought my Coupe, I mailed my Z3M diff cover to TX for Clown Shoe Motorsports to install on my new 3.46 diff before I took delivery. That package also mysteriously vanished.

I don't know what else I can do. It's not USPS's (if it was actually delivered) nor Andy's fault. I've been scouring Craiglist the last couple weeks hoping a shift knob shows up, to no avail. The thing that irks me is that UPS and FedEx cover theft, as does Amazon and Ebay. USPS does not apparently.

In addition to the shift knob, I ordered a chrome sunroof switch surround for the Coupe (goes with the Chromeline interior trim), stone guards and a BMW oil bag kit. $245 flushed.

I've got camera in the house and the garage that record to memory (and a MyQ garage door opener/app to monitor movement), but guess it's time for a doorbell camera too.
    Last edited by s8ilver; 04-16-2018 at 04:24 PM.
    Nathan in Denver

1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42

My Cars
    2004 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by s8ilver View Post
    Andy (LZ) filed a claim, and USPS sent him a letter denying the claim since their records "indicate this package was delivered as addressed." He (I?) can write a letter to USPS to appeal "focused on the basis of the claim denial," whatever the F that means. I think I shall. I've had instances where USPS shows a package as delivered prior, and when I've called the post office they've had the package. How do I know they still don't have it?! When I bought my Coupe, I mailed my Z3M diff cover to TX for Clown Shoe Motorsports to install on my new 3.46 diff before I took delivery. That package also mysteriously vanished.

I don't know what else I can do. It's not USPS's (if it was actually delivered) nor Andy's fault. I've been scouring Craiglist the last couple weeks hoping a shift knob shows up, to no avail. The thing that irks me is that UPS and FedEx cover theft, as does Amazon and Ebay. USPS does not apparently.

In addition to the shift knob, I ordered a chrome sunroof switch surround for the Coupe (goes with the Chromeline interior trim), stone guards and a BMW oil bag kit. $245 flushed.

I've got camera in the house and the garage that record to memory (and a MyQ garage door opener/app to monitor movement), but guess it's time for a doorbell camera too.
    I certainly won't be shedding a tear when USPS finally goes tits up. Poor performance from top to bottom and these days it's much more likely they messed up than someone stealing stuff right off your porch in broad daylight. Hell, they will even try to cover up their mistakes or fail to admit fault most of the time now too. I'm sorry this happened to you.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by neopolymath View Post
    I certainly won't be shedding a tear when USPS finally goes tits up. Poor performance from top to bottom and these days it's much more likely they messed up than someone stealing stuff right off your porch in broad daylight. Hell, they will even try to cover up their mistakes or fail to admit fault most of the time now too. I'm sorry this happened to you.
    I ship hundreds of packages through USPS every year and have been very happy with their service and cost.

If a package is stolen off your porch, that is not USPS's fault, that is the fault of the thief. You can request signature delivery, pickup at local post offices or provide special instructions (like putting in a locked porch safe) if you are worried about this...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by neopolymath View Post
    From my experiences the last few years, they have indeed attempted to cover up more than once. I used to live in a downtown condo, and they wouldn't deliver my mail for days on end and sometimes even a week or more. I'd call the post office, and the excuse was always the same: "we'll have to look into that, your mail should have been delivered." I went down there to confront the guy that always answered the phone, and he finally confessed (after me making a bit of a loud scene with a huge line behind me) that they lost the key to our building. This happened 3 or 4 times, and then we finally sold and moved. I feel sorry for the next guy.

Since the last couple packages marked as "delivered" were actually at the post office and not on my front porch, I tend to think USPS screwed up more than someone randomly stole my stuff. I order through Amazon all the time and it's usually UPS. I've never once had a missing package from them, but this is my 3rd or 4th from USPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    I ship hundreds of packages through USPS every year and have been very happy with their service and cost.

If a package is stolen off your porch, that is not USPS's fault, that is the fault of the thief. You can request signature delivery, pickup at local post offices or provide special instructions (like putting in a locked porch safe) if you are worried about this...
    Porch safe will be waiting for me tomorrow, unless someone steals that too or USPS is in charge of delivering it.

Edit: FedEx is delivering it so I'll see it for sure.

safe.jpg
    Last edited by s8ilver; 04-18-2018 at 06:20 PM.
    Nathan in Denver

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    Quote Originally Posted by s8ilver View Post
    had a missing package from them, but this is my 3rd or 4th from USPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Porch safe will be waiting for me tomorrow, unless someone steals that too or USPS is in charge of delivering it.

Edit: FedEx is delivering it so I'll see it for sure.

safe.jpg

Hopefully on your porch, and not through.

USPS has never missed a beat for me. This includes a a package that we (another forum) ship between members. Average of 50# medium priority. Never lost, never mis-delivered, never even late. roughly 50 shipments per year for the last four years.

UPS Dyslexic driver, keeps delivering to the wrong house (322 rather than 332). Since there is no 322 on my street, he delivers to 322 on the next street over. I'm on first name basis with the resident of that house.

Fed Ex. Delivered a 70# piece of machinery to my porch. I heard it hit the porch all the way from the back of the yard. From the damage to the shipping crate (shattered), machinery, and the porch itself, I'd say he must have heaved it from the middle of the driveway. FexE#x Home is just a network of subcontractors that really don't give a ****. I'll special request USPS if given a choice.

/.randy

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    My hardtop hoist arrived yesterday, but we're expecting a rain & snow mix tomorrow and/or Saturday so maybe I get to use it next week.

My wife is more excited than I. 5ft, 105lb and hates helping me with the top.
    Nathan in Denver

My Cars
    F30 328d X-Drive
    I made my brakes more bigger...

135i front 6piston and rear 2 piston Calipers

E46 M3 Rotors

Modified my own mounting brackets for the front. Needed a 10mm spacer for my front Roadstars but they fit.
    Rears didn't need any modifying to the calipers to mount. Just had to cut a little on each heat shield.

IMG_3420.jpg
    Last edited by Venom13132; 04-27-2018 at 02:53 PM.
    1995 Mazda RX-7 Feed Widebody LS3 6-speed (Toy, project)
    2010 Cadillac Escalade Luxury (Daily, Pulls my 18' car hauler)
    2014 BMW 328d XDrive (Wife's Daily)
    Have owned 4 other BWM's I no longer have.

My Cars
    2001 MCoupe
    Baby got new shoes (NT01s) and a fresh fill of SRF. Time to go frustrate some Porsche owners at the track this weekend.
    2001 Steel Gray MCoupe - 147,000 miles and owned since new. MCS 2WNR suspension, Hotchkiss swaybar, poly bushings all around, cat delete headers with custom tune, 3.73 LSD, and Clownshoe Motorsports rear subframe reinforcement.

2014 Porsche Cayman S / 2022 BMW X3M Competition / 2020 Ram Rebel

My Cars
    00 Imola E/S TS M Coupe
    More stack gauges for oil temp and pressure. Also a new LSD unit

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    Added a Nest doorbell camera (free with miles!) to go with the parcel box. I have a chance of actually receiving parts now. I can set up "zones" so I don't get notifications of every person or car going by.

NestZone1.JPG
    Last edited by s8ilver; 04-30-2018 at 07:06 PM.
    Nathan in Denver

My Cars
    '99 M Coupe, '13 335ix
    Supersprint mufflers, BMW Short Shift knob, LeatherZ armrest. Mufflers are being installed Wednesday. Shifter and armrest are in the mail. This new M Coupe is hard on my bank account!

815640_x800.jpg

armrest-after02.jpg

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast