Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you buy your Z3 this week? v3.0...........

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    Just joined the M Roadster club as well, another Hoosier!!! There are 4 now that I know of in Indiana including mine. Love the Red, that's my first choice but ended up with a Boston Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallyho322 View Post
    I did not buy anything for my Z3, BUT I did buy a new-to-me 2000 Z3 M Roadster (Imola red).

My Cars
    z3
    Guess I will be buying it a new bolt to attach the lower strut to the hub... once I get what's left of the old one out, that is...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    04 ZHP - 99 M Coupe
    bought a z3 coupe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wrench Turner; 02-23-2018 at 01:19 AM.

My Cars
    2001 Z3 3.0i E36/7 5spd.
    A new Platinum AGM Battery (again). I bought a new AGM Battery last February and then this February when my battery started acting up I was blaming everything but the battery.
    I would let the car sit one or two weeks without driving and then could not turn over. I would then jump start and drive around for quite a while and sometimes I would go into a store and come out and start with no problems, other times it would be an issue (started carrying jumper cables and a battery booster pack).

Even bought a new charger that supports AGM batteries (even though only difference is how low a voltage they will attempt to charge, AGM can go as low as 10.5V and still be recharged).

Turns out BOTH my new AGM charger was bad - would charge for a while and then say battery was fully charged when it wasn't even close, AND my 'new' (only 1 year old) battery was bad. The battery would fully charge but it had no capacity, would fully discharge in the blink of an eye [Fully charge battery overnight, start once, shut off. Start 2nd time, shut off. Attempt to start third time, no go.].

Needless to say Advance Auto Parts replaced my battery under warranty at $0.

So, I also splurged and got a Battery Tender trickle charger to hook up for the longer times when I don't drive my fair weather roadster.

Next on my purchase list:
    In process of researching / pricing the Porsche / Brembo brake upgrade using the brackets and brake lines from RallyRoad, used Porsche Brembo Calipers from Ebay (repainting and adding Brembo stencil), E46 M3 325x28mm front rotors and E36 750iL 328x20mm rear rotors. I will also have RallyRoad do the 12mm machining of the front caliper mounting boss.

Anyone know if these will clear the factory upgrade 17" BMW Style 42 BBS 2 piece wheels on a 2001 Z3 3.0i Roadster?
    I already have 7mm spacers in front and 10mm in back (for looks). I really want to keep these wheels and I have seen posts that this brake upgrade 'can' work with 17"s but no specifics as to which wheels..

My Cars
    ‘02 BMW M Coupe
    I bought a whole new set of rubber for my M Coupe... also ordered my license plate!!! I’ll see it in about 3-4 months... thanks California DMV...
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1998 Z3 M Roadster.
    Been after one of these for years.

Now to pop out that blank

Thanks Kurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1997 BMW z3 2.8l
    I found a set of H&R sport springs listed on amazon being sold through amazon prime for $72 and decided to order them even though that was way too good of a price to be true. Well, they just arrived and it's a full, brand new set. Total cost was $78 tax and all. Only reason I can figure they were that cheap and no one else had bought them, is the way they were listed. They were listed under motorcycle parts and only had the part number in the title and description. No mention of what car they fit or anything else. Luckily, I had googled the part number to find a set so they popped up. Considering I'm a mostly broke college student, I'm beyond ecstatic!
    Last edited by DCghost56; 03-12-2018 at 01:22 PM.

My Cars
    z3
    An alignment so I can drive it again

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    ‘02 BMW M Coupe

Happy birthday to me (and the ///M) New floor mats, no more rock chips on rear fenders and lastly, no more bumps on my head from the back hatch closing unexpectedly!!

My Cars
    skateboard
    Hazard light switch, rear tail bulb sockets, and relay for blinkers. Yes nothing fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    '01 Z3 3.0i, '01 X5 3.0i
    This last weekend I finished up replacing the 2 plastic coolant pipes under the intake manifold and all the heater hoses. The plastic pipes both broke right at the engine block connection when I removed them, and they had a definite brown color to them. Very glad I got those done, even if I did bungle up the o-rings on one of them and didn't realize it until the whole thing was back together and filled with fluid...

The radiator, expansion tank, thermostat housing, and the two large diameter radiator hoses look like they were replaced less than 1k miles before I bought the car.

Would anyone here be interested in an intake manifold removal guide/tutorial specifically for the M54 engine in the Z3? Following the Bentley manual and the Pelican Parts tutorial online (both not Z3 M54 specific) left a little to be desired. There were a couple tricks I found along the way that I thought might be handy to know.

Next up is a fix for my subwoofer.

My Cars
    2001 Z3 Roadster 2.5 M54
    Quote Originally Posted by nahvkolaj View Post
    Would anyone here be interested in an intake manifold removal guide/tutorial specifically for the M54 engine in the Z3? Following the Bentley manual and the Pelican Parts tutorial online (both not Z3 M54 specific) left a little to be desired. There were a couple tricks I found along the way that I thought might be handy to know.
    Yes!! I just finished removing the intake manifold to get at those two coolant pipes. Like you I used Bentley and Pelican Parts, which I thought were more useful than Bentley. If you could put together a tutorial specifically for the M54 it would be a great help. I haven't started putting things back together yet (waiting for parts) and was mulling over where to start. Perhaps this should morph into a new thread?

Thanks,

Andy

My Cars
    98 Z3 2.8
    Quote Originally Posted by nahvkolaj View Post
    Very glad I got those done, even if I did bungle up the o-rings on one of them and didn't realize it until the whole thing was back together and filled with fluid...
    That really sucks. Done that before on a customer's E46. Now I know to pressure test the system before I put the mani back on! Recently did the same job to my coupe (M52TU) and swapped to an M54B30 mani at the same time.

Now it's onto the M54B30 intake cam swap, VANOS re-seal, belts, tensioners, idler, S52 radiator, both hoses, Stewart pump. All so I can feel safe on a road trip next month...
    96 320i Touring
    98 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    01 PY M Coupe
    96 Z3 1.9 - DASC
    95 318ti Clubsport
    94 Miata M-Edition
    13 smart fortwo

My Cars
    2x 1997 BMW Z3 2.8
    Another pair of rare ACS side mirrors for a price making it a steal. They were on a parts car which was advertised online for at least a couple days and no-one noticed not so regular mirrors...

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by deni2s View Post
    Another pair of rare ACS side mirrors for a price making it a steal. They were on a parts car which was advertised online for at least a couple days and no-one noticed not so regular mirrors...
    Great score!

My Cars
    2000 BMW z3
    Quote Originally Posted by RAKraus View Post
    Happy birthday to me (and the ///M) New floor mats, no more rock chips on rear fenders and lastly, no more bumps on my head from the back hatch closing unexpectedly!!
    Where from did you buy those rock chip guards from? Oh and throw your hat over the windmill on your happy birthday!

My Cars
    ‘02 BMW M Coupe
    I believe the rock guards were purchased from amazon...
    I gave my family a list of things and that’s where I told them to look...

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    They're $34 from roadster solutions

My Cars
    '01 Z3, '12 750 i M
    Four new tires..trying out some Sumitomos. First time ever buying them. Usually a Michelin or Toyo guy. And a new seatbelt tensioner for the driver's side which was much easier to install than I thought!

My Cars
    '01 Z3 3.0i, '01 X5 3.0i
    Fixed the subwoofer with a kit I got for $20 on Amazon. Now that I have a fully functioning system, the lows in this sound system leave a lot to be desired. Might try to fix that later on.

Also tore apart the windshield wiper system to find out they don’t have a special “park” mode where the wipers move to a lower resting place when not in use. I did find though that the wiper arms were not installed in the right position so I fixed that. Now they aren’t sitting 4” above the bottom of the windshield.

My Cars
    '00 Z3 roadster 2.3

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    A set of new seat bushings. No more rocking as I roll.

My Cars
    2001 BMW Z3 2.5i
    Just some lousy wheel spacers... 15mm thick... looks good

My Cars
    z3
    pedal potentiometer...

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    Ordered suspension from AST, they build it in holland to my car specific and then it will be installed once it arrives here.

Z3 & E36 RamAir systems, send private message for more information.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast