Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you buy your Z3 this week? v3.0...........

My Cars
    '97 Z3
    Not so much this week but past month or so. M seats and new custom leather skins with heated seat retrofit, custom euro steering wheel, custom exhaust aka cut off muffler lol, flex disk, driveshaft center support, and a diff bushing. I'm doing the mechanical repairs this Saturday if the weather cooperates. I'm still waiting on the new seat leather but I couldn't resist on installing the M seats. They're like you're driving a different car compared to the base seats!
    5 Inside.jpg

My Cars
    99 z3 2.8L
    Quote Originally Posted by nthor71783 View Post
    Not so much this week but past month or so. M seats and new custom leather skins with heated seat retrofit, custom euro steering wheel, custom exhaust aka cut off muffler lol, flex disk, driveshaft center support, and a diff bushing. I'm doing the mechanical repairs this Saturday if the weather cooperates. I'm still waiting on the new seat leather but I couldn't resist on installing the M seats. They're like you're driving a different car compared to the base seats!
    5 Inside.jpg
    Love that steering wheel. Have any issues with the srs light or the srs connectors?

My Cars
    MRoadster,Tacoma,DR650
    I love my M seats, but my boney butt requires a little more padding in the form of a small cushion.

My Cars
    2001 BMW Z3 2.5i
    Title & registration, OEM wind deflector (used) and replacement RH / passenger mirror (Steel Grey)
    Last edited by EGS; 03-02-2019 at 09:48 PM.
    It's not the years in your life that counts, it the life in your years...

My Cars
    2001 MCoupe
    New coil packs and plugs. It started stumbling and throwing a code for #4 cylinder misfiring on my last track day. Replaced all 6 of each and it was worse!

Ended up being a wire pinched by the engine top cover that was shorting to the valve cover. Took forever to find it, but once I did and fixed it my baby runs smooth as ever again. Still not sure just what the wire was (see pic I borrowed from the web)

cover wiring.jpg
    2001 Steel Gray MCoupe - 147,000 miles and owned since new. MCS 2WNR suspension, Hotchkiss swaybar, poly bushings all around, cat delete headers with custom tune, 3.73 LSD, and Clownshoe Motorsports rear subframe reinforcement.

2014 Porsche Cayman S / 2022 BMW X3M Competition / 2020 Ram Rebel

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Coupe
    How do you like the GAZ setup? I'm about to order that for my Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Bobkid View Post
    New coil packs and plugs. It started stumbling and throwing a code for #4 cylinder misfiring on my last track day. Replaced all 6 of each and it was worse!

Ended up being a wire pinched by the engine top cover that was shorting to the valve cover. Took forever to find it, but once I did and fixed it my baby runs smooth as ever again. Still not sure just what the wire was (see pic I borrowed from the web)

cover wiring.jpg

My Cars
    2001 MCoupe
    Quote Originally Posted by ihm96 View Post
    How do you like the GAZ setup? I'm about to order that for my Coupe
    Had to get rid of the pure coilover in the back. We tried everything we could think of, but it had a bad bump/bind when I'd hit pavement transitions. Went to a split spring setup where we used larger spring on body and smaller spring on shock to share the duty. Since we did that it's been excellent on the track and I can feel the difference of small adjustments that I couldn't before.

rear split_1.jpg
    2001 Steel Gray MCoupe - 147,000 miles and owned since new. MCS 2WNR suspension, Hotchkiss swaybar, poly bushings all around, cat delete headers with custom tune, 3.73 LSD, and Clownshoe Motorsports rear subframe reinforcement.

2014 Porsche Cayman S / 2022 BMW X3M Competition / 2020 Ram Rebel

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Coupe
    Interesting. I was look at the street GHA kit they offer and wasn't sure if a true rear coilover was necessary. Guess I'll probably just go with the spring shock setup

Quote Originally Posted by Bobkid View Post
    Had to get rid of the pure coilover in the back. We tried everything we could think of, but it had a bad bump/bind when I'd hit pavement transitions. Went to a split spring setup where we used larger spring on body and smaller spring on shock to share the duty. Since we did that it's been excellent on the track and I can feel the difference of small adjustments that I couldn't before.

rear split_1.jpg

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by LannVouivre View Post
    Installed ISC coilovers, Meyle HD front lower control arms, AST suspension E36 lollipop bushes. Then replaced the vacuum hose with the check valve that goes under the intake manifold plenum. Found I still have a vacuum leak whistling somewhere under the intake manifold.

Control arms went fine until it took 4 hours to get the outer left joint out of the knuckle. Ended up torching it out (I have never done this before and it went fine besides the omnipresent west Texas wind).

I got up this morning to finish installing the new arms and spent a good 30 minutes just spinning a ball joint stud with an open end wrench, thinking about "The Final Cut" Pink Floyd album and enjoying the weather. Finally noticed something wrong and put more pressure on the joint with the jack and finished up.

Rides way better.

Also found my Bluetooth speaker in the car, could have been actually listening to Pink Floyd. Jeez.
    How do you like the ISC coilovers?

My Cars
    2000 BMW Roadster 2.3
    Well this week I was getting Ziggy ready for spring after the LONG winter hibernation. I replaced Power Steering Resevoir and lines and flushed with new Liq Poly ATF fluid. Replaced rear Jack pads that were missing from PO when I bought it last Aug. Also replaced missing rear Aero Ducts. Added cruise control (not that I use it often) but bought the parts last fall and finally got it installed. Works great! Added Racing Dynamics strut tower brace (bling??) but after a test drive to check cruise operation, I swear if felt tighter. Could be my imagination or just my joy of driving it again after a long winter. Either way, I like it. Now just hoping the weather will break, a little rain to wash the roads down a bit so I can drop the top and do some cruising here in the mountains of NE PA!

My Cars
    99 z3 2.8L
    As of last weekend the cooling system should almost be new aside from the heater core and the radiator (replaced a few years ago, I believe). Heater core lines, reservoir tank, and associated hardware were replaced within the last few months.

I got some coolant seepage when I loosened the tension on the water pump pulley and a few drops here and there. I thought it best that I replaced it before it got too bad and left me stranded. The draining, removal, and install parts were pretty straight forward, but burping this cooling system was a complete mess. It constantly overflowed (followed the bavauto and Bentley manual guides) and the only thing that worked for me was filling the reservoir and to let it get up to operating temp let idle for a few minutes, close the cap/bleeder, let it cool, and repeat the process.

OH, well. It's done now and I feel better knowing there's a new water pump and new thermostat (along with hardware and hoses).

The old water pump looked like someone used a coolant leak sealer before and there was parts of an old gasket lodged in one of the fan openings.

I also softened the rear shocks to near full soft in addition to softening the fronts (koni Sports) while the car was in the air and, wow, I should've done this from the beginning. I set it initially to near full stiff. It felt great for feedback, but now it feels great to just drive.

Last edited by sijray21; 04-01-2019 at 01:11 PM.

My Cars
    '99 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Two new Bosch coils to at least start replacing the old 27/7/98 Bremis. I'll buy the rest later, for now I just wanted to replace those two as they're throwing misfire codes.
    1999 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - show project
    1970 VW 411L Auto - show/restoration project (sold)
    1982 BMW 518i E12/8 - stolen
    1987 Mazda 323 1.5 SL - daily driver, backup show car

My Cars
    2002 2.5i
    I found it quite hilarious. Me too.

My Cars
    e28,e36/8,e38
    All new vacuum lines, VCG, coolant hoses, and plugs to round out upgrades install.

My Cars
    2K Z3 2.8
    I bought her a friend. 2019 VW Golf GTI. They'll be garage mates.
    Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Coupe

New intake manifold from an m54b30 bought today for my M52tu in the shoe. Also got a ding free hood for the e34

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe
    Purchased a Bosch AL9414X for the mCoupe today...
    Thanks, Jason
    2000 BMW M-Coupe

2019 M-B GLC300
    2019 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EB3.5
    1995 Mustang GT "Lemons Car"

My Cars
    Z3 2.2 Roadster
    SPAL medium puller with 185F switch installed this week....
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    '17 330i M sport Touring
    Decided to have my windows lightly tinted to include the hard top glass too.

IMG_1192.JPG
    IMG_1191.JPG

Next on the project list is new red leather seating, red leather shift boot and e-brake boot. Then to cap off carbon fiber details. Hope to have interior refresh completed by June.

'17 BMW 330i XDrive MSport Touring
    '20 BMW R 1250RS Imperial Blue Metallic-Exclusive
    '02 BMW Z3 2.5i Titanium

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Coupe

Finally installed the coilovers. I知 basically at stock height now (I was on H&Rs but I would rub occasionally) but even at a much higher ride height the body roll is basically gone and the car rides more comfy than before. Incredible improvement over stock, I was super skeptical beforehand but I知 already about to order a set for my E34

Also just ordered the adapter plate for my m54b30 intake manifold. Just need to get a new gasket and a DISA valve and I値l be ready to do the swap. Hoping to find a used DISA and just rebuild rather than pay full freight for a new one from bmw, or 200 for an aftermarket (I致e heard bad things about non oem disas tho)

My Cars
    99 z3 2.8L
    Bought some new wheels/tires to go along with the recent suspension upgrade (h&r sport lowering springs and koni shocks; front camber plates)

My Cars
    none yet
    Bought new sub and kicker panel speakers. Now at least it's decent.

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe
    I bought it a new gas cap, which allowed me to buy it a PASSING state inspection, which allowed me to buy the registration that allows me to drive it legally now
    Thanks, Jason
    2000 BMW M-Coupe

2019 M-B GLC300
    2019 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EB3.5
    1995 Mustang GT "Lemons Car"

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by ihm96 View Post

Also just ordered the adapter plate for my m54b30 intake manifold. Just need to get a new gasket and a DISA valve and I’ll be ready to do the swap. Hoping to find a used DISA and just rebuild rather than pay full freight for a new one from bmw, or 200 for an aftermarket (I’ve heard bad things about non oem disas tho)

I got lucky and found a manifold for cheap with M54 DISA still attached. Whatever you do, go OEM and rebuild with the kit from GAS.

If you need any tips along the way, holler. A forum member here (Abel) helped me through text over about 6 hours. I can get the manifold off in about 20 minutes now...took 3 hours or so first time as I had no idea how hard to pull on anything without breaking. There's a big stupid nut under the manifold that I didn't reinstall as didn't really see the point. Car's been happy ever since.

For me this week, bought full brakes for Z3 Coupe and some fresh FAG wheel bearings.
    Last edited by s8ilver; 05-02-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    Nathan in Denver

1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by s8ilver View Post
    I got lucky and found a manifold for cheap with M54 DISA still attached. Whatever you do, go OEM and rebuild with the kit from GAS.

If you need any tips along the way, holler. A forum member here (Abel) helped me through text over about 6 hours. I can get the manifold off in about 20 minutes now...took 3 hours or so first time as I had no idea how hard to pull on anything without breaking. There's a big stupid nut under the manifold that I didn't reinstall as didn't really see the point. Car's been happy ever since.
    The same shop I bought the manifold from has one so I知 gonna go pick that up Wednesday. Ordered the adapter plate too so once that all comes in I値l be ready. I値l probably realistically wait until my E34 is back driving (shooting for the end of May to have her ready) so I have peace of mind. Would be stupid to strand myself with no car if it takes longer than expected

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast