Thread: 2006 750Li DSC Fault/Car unstable at speed.

My Cars
    1999 BMW 528iT

2006 750Li DSC Fault/Car unstable at speed.

I purchased a used E66 about two month's back, coming from an E39. About 2 weeks ago,I was driving on the highway, and the car felt like it was hit with a sudden gust of wind on the highway when going fast(80mph). Also I can feel the car violently jerking to the side if the rear wheels hit even a slight road imperfection. The car seems to have driven better when I turned on DSC. After a while the DSC light would come on and I would get a message "Drive control fault, drive moderately". It would clear itself on restart.

I ended up re-calibrating the SZL. At first I did it with the steering wheel straight, and that helped slightly, but the message came back. But then I noticed that my steering wheel is turned about 10 degrees to the right when driving straight, so I re calibrated it to that position. The car seems to have started driving fine. I wast feeling the car jerk at the slightest bump, and I wast hearing the tires squealing like I did before. So I went into the fast lane and started doing 80 on the interstate. the car felt a bit unstable, I started going around a gentile curve, and I felt like I lost traction. I had the DSC light blinking and I was fighting to control the car. I slowed down to 60ish and the car drives fine again. This time, I didn't get a drive control fault thought.

I am planing on replacing the SZL and already have a used one. I am doing that because I am planing on retrofiring a heated steering wheel.

Also, the car drives smoothly, I don't feel any vibrations in the steering, while turning, breaking etc. I have had bent control arms and failing ball joints on my previous car(E39) and this feels nothing like that. No play in the steering, smooth drive. Tires are almost brand new with a ton of tread.

I am thinking of getting an aliment done, but want to see if any one here knows what else it could be. I would hate to spend money on an aliment only to find out I need to fix something else and get the car re-aligned.

Thanks in Advanced

My Cars
    2006 BMW 750li
    Hello. I am having this same exact problem. I would like to know if you figured this out and what it was?