Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: E39 V8 Big Power SC / Turbo DeadPool Tracker

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Don't you think that by simply MENTIONING it in the same sentence with a single turbo swap on a 335i he has strongly implied everything he needs to? The two projects could barely be further apart in terms of difficulty.

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Quote Originally Posted by tptrsn View Post
    Don't you think that by simply MENTIONING it in the same sentence with a single turbo swap on a 335i he has strongly implied everything he needs to? The two projects could barely be further apart in terms of difficulty.
    yer right, I'm probably being too demanding! allways a ballbustah that GG.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Haha.. I about spit out my coffee when I saw those two projects mentioned together like that.

Maybe he didn't really mean anything by it other than, "I found out that I like a nice turbo setup so much, I decided to bite the bullet and undertake the massivity (made up a word for this) of the turbo e39 540 with A/C project."

I'm guessing an AZ boy ain't gonna want to be trashcan'ing the A/C, afterall. I'm so excited to see what ensues!

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    Lol at you guys!
    98 540i 6, 525 whp, 120 mph 1/4, V3 Si S/C'er @16 psi, W/A I/C, Water/Meth, Supersprint Headers, HJS Cats, 3" Custom Exhaust, UUC Twin Disc, Wavetrac LSD, GC Coil Overs, Monoball TA, AEM FP, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Failsafe AFR/Boost, Style 65's w/275's, M5 Steering Box, Eibach Sways, M3 Shifter, Evans Coolant, 85 Deg Stat, PWM Fan, 10" Subs, B.A. speakers, Grom Aux/BT, Still Rolling as my DD!

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    HOLY COW! Look what else the cat dragged back in (besides DK and me).

You got any car guy adventures planned for 2019 Chris, or are you still waiting for someone to dethrone you and thereby light a fire under your azz?

And by the way, Merry Christmas to everyone!! If you aren't into Christmas, then Happy Hanukkah! If you aren't into that either, then I don't know what to tell you other than f-off. Hahahahaha... I still crack me up.
    Last edited by tptrsn; 12-22-2018 at 12:25 PM.

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    Miss you too Thad! I am due for some suspension refreshing I guess. No play, but some boots are rotting away and I still need to change out a rear swing arm where the anti sway bar bracket busted off. My engine has been running great! We need some LRS updates!
    98 540i 6, 525 whp, 120 mph 1/4, V3 Si S/C'er @16 psi, W/A I/C, Water/Meth, Supersprint Headers, HJS Cats, 3" Custom Exhaust, UUC Twin Disc, Wavetrac LSD, GC Coil Overs, Monoball TA, AEM FP, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Failsafe AFR/Boost, Style 65's w/275's, M5 Steering Box, Eibach Sways, M3 Shifter, Evans Coolant, 85 Deg Stat, PWM Fan, 10" Subs, B.A. speakers, Grom Aux/BT, Still Rolling as my DD!

My Cars
    2008 E90 335i
    Well, I'm obviously going to be hitting around 700whp cause that what my 335i can do and V8 is superior. I'm trashing the AC cause racecar. And I am going to be running a 6466 cause that what all the lsx guys do so its sick.

Actually, I'm hoping that I can just get it to run stably within the next year and we will go from there. Probably going to use my old 5858 cause I have it and it works well. My buddy is going to be helping me with the manifold design since we go to asu and have access to all that fancy plotting and flow software. This is also gonna be the capstone project for my minor so really I can't lose as long as I learn stuff of the way to blowing out and losing cylinder 8.
    E90 335i
    On3 Performance top mount single turbo kit, Precision 6466 Turbo, ECS Tuning charge pipe, 7in FMIC, JB4 w/ MHD backend flash, Stage 3 fuel pump, Port injection, E85, some wheels that came w the car but are thick

E39 540i (SOLD)
    6 spd swap, "Almost Nardo" Vinyl Wrap, JB Racing LTW flywheel, M5 clutch & control, BC
    Racing
    coilovers, cat back straight pipe, E60 SSK, ZHP shift knob, hard wired aux, Style 32 17", BFG G-force Sport Comp-2 tires, shadow-line trim, reenforced differential bushing, ATE Type 200, Hawk HP Plus pads, intake res delete, 10W40 M1, trans fill 50/50 Redline MT-90 & 75w90NS, solid shifter carrier bushing, pixel fix, red needles

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by dk500 View Post
    Well, I'm obviously going to be hitting around 700whp cause that what my 335i can do and V8 is superior. I'm trashing the AC cause racecar. And I am going to be running a 6466 cause that what all the lsx guys do so its sick.
    Lol!

Actually, I'm hoping that I can just get it to run stably within the next year and we will go from there. Probably going to use my old 5858 cause I have it and it works well. My buddy is going to be helping me with the manifold design since we go to asu and have access to all that fancy plotting and flow software. This is also gonna be the capstone project for my minor so really I can't lose as long as I learn stuff of the way to blowing out and losing cylinder 8.
    Ok, but you can't seriously run a 300hp N/A engine through a single 5858. Maybe you mean you're going to run that, plus another one like it. That would be a sweet setup, albeit still kind of turbine limited.

Are you actually planning to try to keep the A/C then? And do you have a plan for tuning yet? Or waiting to see what DME you end up with first?

My Cars
    2008 E90 335i
    Lol!

Ok, but you can't seriously run a 300hp N/A engine through a single 5858. Maybe you mean you're going to run that, plus another one like it. That would be a sweet setup, albeit still kind of turbine limited.

Are you actually planning to try to keep the A/C then? And do you have a plan for tuning yet? Or waiting to see what DME you end up with first?
    Im waiting to see what I end up first, and then I will plan how it will all go once I can model flow and all of that with whatever I end up w with the tools available to me at ASU. For tuning though I am more than likely going to go standalone. I have a bunch of guys in Formula SAE that are gonna be helping me with the tuning side of the project and stand alone DMEs are what we are all experts in.
    E90 335i
    On3 Performance top mount single turbo kit, Precision 6466 Turbo, ECS Tuning charge pipe, 7in FMIC, JB4 w/ MHD backend flash, Stage 3 fuel pump, Port injection, E85, some wheels that came w the car but are thick

E39 540i (SOLD)
    6 spd swap, "Almost Nardo" Vinyl Wrap, JB Racing LTW flywheel, M5 clutch & control, BC
    Racing
    coilovers, cat back straight pipe, E60 SSK, ZHP shift knob, hard wired aux, Style 32 17", BFG G-force Sport Comp-2 tires, shadow-line trim, reenforced differential bushing, ATE Type 200, Hawk HP Plus pads, intake res delete, 10W40 M1, trans fill 50/50 Redline MT-90 & 75w90NS, solid shifter carrier bushing, pixel fix, red needles

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Looks like you got autocorrected a bit there or something, so I'm not positive I completely understand your meaning, but that all sounds good. Hopefully your braintrust can come up with something cool. I think this is the first nerd group entry into the deadpool.

My Cars
    2001 540i
    Never underestimate a group of engineering nerds. If it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2001 Salvage Title 540i
    My build thread: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...toive-decision

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i

My Cars
    99 540i6, 02 X5, Tundra
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterM52 View Post
    Summers Comin... So is the Project! This Year...
    What project?
    E85 fueled, Eaton m112 supercharged 4.5L M62TU, TTV racing flywheel, Spec stage 2+ clutch, 88c thermostat, eibach sway bars, wavetrac 3.15 lsd, m5 steering box, Quantum 340lph fuel pump, Dinan camber plates, some powerflex bushings, Supersprint headers, M5 cats, 2001 gas pedal upgrade and many other things done. all diy by me

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Sorry, Wrong Thread! Was Looking for the Deedpool

My Cars
    99 540i6, 02 X5, Tundra
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterM52 View Post
    Sorry, Wrong Thread! Was Looking for the Deedpool
    I've never seen a Deedpool, I see you now in the deadpool, still dead, still no progress pics
    E85 fueled, Eaton m112 supercharged 4.5L M62TU, TTV racing flywheel, Spec stage 2+ clutch, 88c thermostat, eibach sway bars, wavetrac 3.15 lsd, m5 steering box, Quantum 340lph fuel pump, Dinan camber plates, some powerflex bushings, Supersprint headers, M5 cats, 2001 gas pedal upgrade and many other things done. all diy by me

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Just wanted to give you guys a quick update, we are still on it but had no progress in a while, we intend to get it done by this year though. At least the prototype.

This will be the same blower you see here on our current setups

"So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

My Cars
    2008 E90 335i
    Little deadpool update - nerd group has put the project on hold cause I'm getting sued over the dumbest thing ever. Will update progress when my lawyer finishes the job and I can reclaim costs from the other party cause almost all of my money for this project has disappeared cause of this.

edit: you can be sued if someone slips on ice in your property, even if you don't know who they are and never told them they could try to break into your garage.
    Last edited by dk500; 03-21-2019 at 03:44 PM.
    E90 335i

E39 540i (SOLD)
    Racing

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Little deadpool update - nerd group has put the project on hold cause I'm getting sued over the dumbest thing ever. Will update progress when my lawyer finishes the job and I can reclaim costs from the other party cause almost all of my money for this project has disappeared cause of this.

edit: you can be sued if someone slips on ice in your property, even if you don't know who they are and never told them they could try to break into your garage.
    That is definitely one of the top 5 all time best posts in this thread!

And here's hoping that the bastard has enough funds (or a job to wage garnish) for you to be able to recoup some penalties for a bringing a frivolous action. Have you counterclaimed for trespass or anything?

My Cars
    2008 E90 335i
    That is definitely one of the top 5 all time best posts in this thread!

And here's hoping that the bastard has enough funds (or a job to wage garnish) for you to be able to recoup some penalties for a bringing a frivolous action. Have you counterclaimed for trespass or anything?
    Yea, I have but I doubt they have remotely enough for me to reclaim costs. They have a lawyer doing their stuff pro bono so I doubt I will get anything more than maybe a few hundred right away. When I win my counterclaim I doubt I will get all the money until at least a few years after.
    E90 335i

E39 540i (SOLD)
    Racing

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i

My Cars
    Two 2003 540i6 Msports
    That makes me angry for you!!! I friggin' hate that s**t.
    I do not believe in a risk free society where the thrill of living is traded for the safety of existence. Nick Ienatsch

The law does NOT determine "right" from "wrong". They are unrelated.

If you put cheap parts on your car, you will soon have a cheap parts car.

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Yeah. But the reality is actually "you can be sued for anything at anytime".

Doesn't mean they are going to prevail, and in those "burglar sues cuz he hurt himself whilst burglaring" cases seldom do (despite the scare stories you read), but the sky is the limit on what some asshat can try to bring. Its a different story if you set traps or some crap like that, then you're eff'd. Booby traps are for sure a lawsuit goldmine for a burglar. But from what I understand he can only win if you were well aware that he was trespassing repeatedly and regularly, AND you were aware of the hazards, AND if the hazard was reasonable to believe the trespasser would run into. Like if the ice was on a path on your property and you knew people constantly take that path and ignored it... And even then, the counter-argument would be it was the trespassers duty to expect natural conditions in winter on an outdoor trail and they couldn't possibly not have been aware the hazard was there. It is stupid though, and unless there's some other bit you haven't mentioned he almost certainly won't prevail.

But as you seem to have run up against... doesn't mean that some douche won't try it. Is his real angle actually to intimidate you into not pursuing the breakin-in charges via the fraudulent tort?

#notalawyerjustinterestedinlaw
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    2001 540i
    That’s the game though. My ridiculous lawsuit can be easily disproven to a degree that would shame Lionel Hutz, but it’s going to cost you $5k to do it. Or, for the low low price of $2k, you can get my attorney a little closer to hell and me enough money to meth out for 2 weeks, and we go away. I don’t have a solution, but this is definitely one of my top “the world is going down the toilet” old man rant inducing rage topics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2001 Salvage Title 540i
    My build thread: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...toive-decision

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    Is his real angle actually to intimidate you into not pursuing the breakin-in charges via the fraudulent tort?
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by douglawrence42 View Post
    Or, for the low low price of $2k, you can get my attorney a little closer to hell and me enough money to meth out for 2 weeks, and we go away.
    And BINGO! Some slimy sorts squirm through life on settlement value from frivolous lawsuits because they are unrecoverable on counterclaims, and insurance companies just pay out to get things concluded at the lowest possible cost. And the cries of "I gots me a lawsuit!" are heard across the land. Lol

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    ^All that makes me sick. I hate that subset of our human race. Gimme gimme gimme... cut their balls off already.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast