Thread: Venting - Not happy with 2015 BMW X1

My Cars
    2015 X1 35i

Venting - Not happy with 2015 BMW X1

Hey Guys,

First off I am new to this forum so apologies if I have posted in incorrect section.

I currently own a 2015 BMW X1 35i, fully loaded. When I first got the car, I was super pumped on it. I got the 'big boy' engine, no longer present in the current generation of X1's, got all the amenities I thought I needed and was generally pleased.

As time has progressed, from poor customer service dealings with my local dealership, to electrical issues with power seats no longer functioing / all my windows randomly rolling down, scheduling uneeded service appointments, etc. I am super unhappy with my car.

The 2015 X1, to me, seems to be the final car in the 2015 fleet that needed a facelift. Obviously, in 2016, it was updated with many of the amenities I now desire. But such is life and I understand that there will always be a newer version. However, there are many features on this car where BMW completely skimped / did a downright shitty job on.

• For starters, the 2015 BMW X1 has no Siri integration. While this may not seem like a big deal, the fact that literally almost every 2015 model of BMW has this feature is extremely annoying and renders the 'Handfree' button completely useless in my vehicle (BMW's idrive or whatever they call it is a joke). I am on the newest version of firmware, FYI.
    • Next, the 2015 BMW X1 is incapable of remaining connected to bluetooth while plugged into USB. It simply disconnects as soon as you plug it in. I realize this can be rectified by simply buying a 12v cigarette adapter, its sort of weird none the less.
    • No volume indicator. Really? Why? Its baffling that BMW spent so much effort making the 1-6 programmable keys touch-sensitve but coudln't program a simple volume indicator.
    • No air conditioner vents in the rear seating area.
    • And my biggest gripe and what prompted me to write this post: I installed a brand new LiftMaster garage door opener at my house this afternoon. After spending 2-3 hours on the phone with customer service (BMW Genius, HomeLink, etc.) we were unable to pair my remote to my HomeLink mirror. HomeLink customer service, (BMW customer service handed me off almost immediately) informed me that my BMW X1 has a deprecated, retired version of HomeLink that literally almost every modern car since the mid 2000's has moved away from. Now I have to buy an adapter for my my car to open my garage.

I realize I probably sound like a pompous, spoiled brat and am complaining about absolutely meaningless issues in the grand scheme of events taking place in the world. Yes these issues are trivial and I should move past, I am just rather taken back by the lack of features in this car / outdatedness. My friend has a 2015 Hyundai that while, engine-performance / driving-wise can't begin to be placed in the same sentence as X1, has literally every feature mine has and then all the features it should. For the record, his HomeLink paired with the remote in about 2 seconds

Again, sorry for ranting. Curious if anyone had a similar situation or if I am just being overly sensitive. I consider myself lucky that these are some of the issues I am troubling myself with this evening. Maybe moral of the story is dont go for the X1 next time

My Cars
    z3
    Technology updates like the homelink and Siri integration trickle-down - the first cars to have them are the more expensive models, such as the 7 series, as their increased cost justifies getting the tech "first" to pay the R&D costs first. Then it trickles down to the 5 and X5, where the R&D costs are further dissipated, before eventually making it to the 3/4/X3/X5, then the 2 series/X1. The tech stuff to me does seem somewhat trivial, and of course a Hyundai will have such tech. Cheaper cars like that need the fancy gizmos to get buyers at all. BMW's are set up (unfortunately, I may admit) in such a way that if you want the gizmos, you've got to pay for em - often times this means going up a model. I will agree it is ridiculous a 2015 BMW SUV doesn't have rear A/C vents as even the 2 series has rear vents but I guess that's their way of saying "Get the X3 or upgrade to the 2016 X1 when it comes out" ...as for the USB/bluetooth; this is fairly standard as far as I know. Most car's I've seen will stream through the USB as well, so bluetooth and USB streaming at the same time would be a bit redundant.

But the electrical issues are pretty worrying. The car should still be under warranty, if your local dealership isn't doing anything to help fix the problem then I'd recommend calling BMW NA.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2008 E90 335i
    That's ridiculous
    E90 335i
    On3 Performance top mount single turbo kit, Precision 6466 Turbo, ECS Tuning charge pipe, 7in FMIC, JB4 w/ MHD backend flash, Stage 3 fuel pump, Port injection, E85, some wheels that came w the car but are thick

E39 540i (SOLD)
    6 spd swap, "Almost Nardo" Vinyl Wrap, JB Racing LTW flywheel, M5 clutch & control, BC
    Racing
    coilovers, cat back straight pipe, E60 SSK, ZHP shift knob, hard wired aux, Style 32 17", BFG G-force Sport Comp-2 tires, shadow-line trim, reenforced differential bushing, ATE Type 200, Hawk HP Plus pads, intake res delete, 10W40 M1, trans fill 50/50 Redline MT-90 & 75w90NS, solid shifter carrier bushing, pixel fix, red needles

My Cars
    2008 E90 335i
    Bimmerbreaker is correct, though. Call BMW NA.
    E90 335i
    On3 Performance top mount single turbo kit, Precision 6466 Turbo, ECS Tuning charge pipe, 7in FMIC, JB4 w/ MHD backend flash, Stage 3 fuel pump, Port injection, E85, some wheels that came w the car but are thick

E39 540i (SOLD)
    6 spd swap, "Almost Nardo" Vinyl Wrap, JB Racing LTW flywheel, M5 clutch & control, BC
    Racing
    coilovers, cat back straight pipe, E60 SSK, ZHP shift knob, hard wired aux, Style 32 17", BFG G-force Sport Comp-2 tires, shadow-line trim, reenforced differential bushing, ATE Type 200, Hawk HP Plus pads, intake res delete, 10W40 M1, trans fill 50/50 Redline MT-90 & 75w90NS, solid shifter carrier bushing, pixel fix, red needles