Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who tries to race you?

My Cars
    are slow
    Quote Originally Posted by justinca540i View Post
    the WRX STI has a 2.5 Liter Inline-4 that makes 300hp @6000rpm and 300ft-lbs @4000rpm with 14.5 pounds of boost
    2002 STIs

A.Don't exist in the NA market
    B.Make 266 hp

My Cars
    05 330i
    Yeah I'm talking about the 04, genius

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    05 330i Alpine White
    Past:
    02 330i Titanium Silver
    R56 MCS
    00 540i6

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    Why are we even talking about Subarus though? I don't care about their performance, they're AWD Japanese cars which means my interest in them is less than zero.
    1995 525i 5-speed - Thread

My Cars
    2003 540i/6 M-Sport
    True to my last post. Had an FRS/BRZ go WOT next to me and he barely even moved lol.

2003 BMW 540i M-Sport: 6-speed swap, BC Racing Coilovers, DUDMD Tune, M60 Intake Manifold, Custom Exhaust, Polished M-Pars,
    Technical Graphite Trim w/ cupholder delete, E46 M3 tri-color stitched steering wheel,
    Dyno'd @ 253whp/291wtq (dynojet) before intake manifold swap

My Cars
    are slow
    Quote Originally Posted by justinca540i View Post
    Yeah I'm talking about the 04, genius

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    And you still aren't getting past low 5 seconds without dumping stock, ask them anytime they get rolled on by E46 M3s.

WRX non STI=lol bye
    EVO = any # will put you in the grave
    Last edited by XAlt; 08-23-2017 at 09:32 PM.

My Cars
    525it,02 525it,73 2002
    Watched a Evo run 8.07 @184 mph past weekend. Japanese AWD car will walk you all day long hate to say.

My Cars
    2000 528i
    the guy in the cube next to me drives a 1990 Mercedes 560sel to work sometimes... we go back and forth about racing them. Two 7 sec cars... might break a hip joint at this age.

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumzdizzle View Post
    the guy in the cube next to me drives a 1990 Mercedes 560sel to work sometimes... we go back and forth about racing them. Two 7 sec cars... might break a hip joint at this age.
    Lol. Those NorAm Merc V8's kinda weak tho. The real old 6.3 / 6.8's are more funs I think.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Quote Originally Posted by XAlt View Post
    And you still aren't getting past low 5 seconds without dumping stock, ask them anytime they get rolled on by E46 M3s.

WRX non STI=lol bye
    EVO = any # will put you in the grave
    Very true. Do not forx with the big turbo psi AWD guy.

So many WRX d-bags tho. I ranted a long rant to Snotty offline about a complete douche WRX wanker who ran in front of me last week clearly thinking he was racing and winning, when I was just running with him, backing off when he was jacking WAY too fast into civilian traffic, and even frikkin letting him in at times.

I could tell from his aggro douchery that he went home and bragged to all his buds about how an M3 couldn't even touch him. Hell I just wanted to run with somebody for fun, moron, I could have cut off twice as many housewives as you did and I totally let you have that pull because I just didn't feel like going full right lane pass and looking like a small penjs Subie loser who had to slam the brakes on and then brutally cut off a pickup truck to cut back in to look like he actually was faster.

And that's why 98% of innerwbz race / kill story is retarded, because 98% of the time, the other guy wasn't racing.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    And that's why 98% of innerwbz race / kill story is retarded, because 98% of the time, the other guy wasn't racing.
    This x 1000000
    1995 525i 5-speed - Thread

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    So 98000000% ? Sounds about right.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    That's why communication is the key,
    "Do you wanna race" is a good icebreaker!, lol.

My Cars
    97 528i
    There was this windbag that got all ticked off that I was running him down in his black Audi (the a7 I think..? what's that hotrod big coupe...? it's certainly a badass car...) one evening on the way home from work. We were on this back-ish road and when we came to an intersection in town, the light turned red, and I went to turn left (headed over to the left turn lane), and he stops short going straight and rolls his window down. (like he wants to talk...) So, I stop next to him...(on his left...), lean over and holler.."...man...that's a baddass car...! I love that...!!" As I'm saying that, he starts talking too...and mumbled some stuff with the word "dickhead" mixed in there. I said.."whoa..dude..? did you just call me a dickhead while I was giving you a compliment !!??"

He started crying for the whaaambulance and claimed I was tailgating. I told him he was he one that pulled out in front of me when he could clearly see me come romping down the road....dropped the throttle and tore off..!! I thought you wanted to play in your fancy car with four little rings on the boot... And when I said that...!! Aw man that was it....he let loose with all the ways his car would beat mine. I felt compelled to remind him of why he was mad...I was right behind you @$$hat...!!!...."tailgating" the car you said could destroy mine everywhere. That may have triggered the anger sharks...he seemed very frustrated at this point. Even worse...he did have a friend with him....they both tried to bow up on me....and Ricky Bobby there had to eat the fact that he was getting hounded by a wagon..

The only thing I think that idiot would be able to destroy is his prescription coverage deductible for those little blue pills. I'm sure he hits "max out-of-pocket" within a few months... It's too bad when these @$$holes drive nice cars. It's bad for the cars...poor cars...
    "two wrongs don't make a right...only three lefts do...."
    '79 Euro 635csi - gone and regretting it...
    '89 gsxr-750 - former traffic knife
    '97 528i sedan - holding on strong...(just sold after 16 years of ownership - sad day)
    '03 Euro 525it - something about a famous dolphin.....

'06 Mercury Grand Marquis (don't ask....it gets the job done....)
    '84 Specialized Allez - full Campagnolo Super Record
    '99-ish Cannondale CAAD4
    "Stinky" - Kona Stinky Five
    '86 528e
    2008 E70 X5 3.0

My Cars
    1990 bmw 735il
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyzabolotny View Post
    Yeah, I surprise everybody with how my L322 moves. Especially now that I've rebuilt the timing chain guides and Vanos, tons of low end torque.

I feel like with an E36 there's that expectation of racing because a lot of them are driven by street racer drift bro types. Whereas with an E38/E39 it looks more like a regular sedan so it's not as obvious what the owner's intentions are.
    Meh, some of the e39s look a little sinister...
    Depending on wheels, trim, tint, etc...
    Mine looks like something a pimp or dope dealer might drive. It's a 97 540I. Canyonrot , dark window tint, chromeline trim & chrome M5 grilles.
    Also sits on E36 M3 contour reps.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1990 bmw 735il
    Quote Originally Posted by jwetz View Post
    Meh, some of the e39s look a little sinister...
    Depending on wheels, trim, tint, etc...
    Mine looks like something a pimp or dope dealer might drive. It's a 97 540I. Canyonrot , dark window tint, chromeline trim & chrome M5 grilles.
    Also sits on E36 M3 contour reps.

Ah, think I figured out the pic issue, here's my evil pimp mobile 540I.

My Cars
    2002 525i Touring
    Hey, first post here and I have a funny one. I was driving back from my girlfriend's house and had a lifted new-ish GMC truck really hammering on the gas trying to overtake me. I had the Touring in Sport Mode just because I've been trying some of the features after receiving this amazing gift from some beloved friends, and just enjoying it. I can see the truck guy gunning it and I put it into kickdown and blow past this guy. The next couple of lights we came to he was always hanging back, waiting for his turnoff and not trying to pass anyone to get there quicker. Was certainly fun, I switched to MJ's "Speed Demon" on the playlist after that.

My Cars
    99 528i, 90 ZR-1 Vette
    I dont think Ive ever been toyed with in any of the 6 BMW's Ive owned.... Not sure why. BUT, try driving an early C4 Corvette.... Every stupid WRX, Honda and Charger will mess with you. Of course C4's are the red headed step child in the Vette world..... but alas, many times I get the last laugh..... many people have no idea what an LT-5 is and that I can shift at my 7200 rpm redline smoking their silly azzes pretty easily.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by adm750 View Post
    There was this windbag that got all ticked off that I was running him down in his black Audi (the a7 I think..? what's that hotrod big coupe...? it's certainly a badass car...) one evening on the way home from work. We were on this back-ish road and when we came to an intersection in town, the light turned red, and I went to turn left (headed over to the left turn lane), and he stops short going straight and rolls his window down. (like he wants to talk...) So, I stop next to him...(on his left...), lean over and holler.."...man...that's a baddass car...! I love that...!!" As I'm saying that, he starts talking too...and mumbled some stuff with the word "dickhead" mixed in there. I said.."whoa..dude..? did you just call me a dickhead while I was giving you a compliment !!??"

He started crying for the whaaambulance and claimed I was tailgating. I told him he was he one that pulled out in front of me when he could clearly see me come romping down the road....dropped the throttle and tore off..!! I thought you wanted to play in your fancy car with four little rings on the boot... And when I said that...!! Aw man that was it....he let loose with all the ways his car would beat mine. I felt compelled to remind him of why he was mad...I was right behind you @$$hat...!!!...."tailgating" the car you said could destroy mine everywhere. That may have triggered the anger sharks...he seemed very frustrated at this point. Even worse...he did have a friend with him....they both tried to bow up on me....and Ricky Bobby there had to eat the fact that he was getting hounded by a wagon..

The only thing I think that idiot would be able to destroy is his prescription coverage deductible for those little blue pills. I'm sure he hits "max out-of-pocket" within a few months... It's too bad when these @$$holes drive nice cars. It's bad for the cars...poor cars...
    Sounds to me like he was minding his own business and some guy comes driving up his ass either trying to provoke a race or delude himself into thinking that he's winning one(from behind no less). If the Audi was driving briskly perhaps it was for his own enjoyment. Be glad he didn't brake check you or worse.
    Last edited by ross1; 04-03-2019 at 03:32 PM.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    e39 520ia (year:1997)
    Yeah, mainly the new golf drivers and the Honda drivers. I don't really know why since, I have a my car's exterior stock + it's black pre facelift, so the 1st gen bumper and the chrome trim make it more elegant than sporty. I have nothing to race with tho ,since my car is tiny 520ia. Speeding isn't my style tho,so i don't really engage even if i think i could win. What's ironic is ,that Golf drivers usually drive 3 door gtd models with 140hp ,but they think they are fast bcs they have the gt package with sport seats,red interior trim etc. Let them have the pleasure of thinking how they beat me, get in front of me and stop attracting attention.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    NEVER thought I'd be posting about this.
    Today I pulled into some fast moving traffic so put the ol' Welly to the mighty M52. Some twit in a fart piped Hyundai is on my left and takes this as a challenge. He pulls along side, drops a gear and speeds off. He goes on to make a spectacle of himself moving forward through traffic.
    He's probably posting on some other forum about how he smoked a BMW today.
    Last edited by ross1; 11-09-2019 at 05:07 PM.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Yep, doesn’t take much to make those sukiyucky Pepboy hotrodders think that their pos’s are fast. Look at it this way, you made some idiots day....
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmrMeUpSnotty View Post
    Yep, doesn’t take much to make those sukiyucky Pepboy hotrodders think that their pos’s are fast. Look at it this way, you made some idiots day....

Truth be told, he did move off pretty briskly. My 200hp toting nearly 2 tons would have lost in real drag race too.
    I remember a similar scenario when I was a punk like the guy I encountered yesterday. Another guy from town pulls alongside my 383 Dart in a Grand Prix, pauses then hauls ass off into the sunset. Word all over town was that he'd blown my doors off. He declined "rematch" with witnesses.
    Last edited by ross1; 11-10-2019 at 09:43 AM.

My Cars
    E12, E12, E36, E39
    Long ago in a plain vanilla 97, 528ia, some guy on a Harley zooms past me on the shoulder to get ahead of me for the upcoming 270 degree freeway onramp. And then proceeds to tiptoe around it like an old lady in a Buick. So I started sawing at the wheel, like a slalom while he was almost dragging pegs. Stock, plain jane suspension and I had to slow down or I'd have run over him, while going thru esses on a curve as he's leaned over as far as he can go. He blasted off in his noisy 2 cylinder bike once he hit the straight. I just merged into traffic hoping he'd get a ticket, but he didn't.

My old Bavaria was more fun actually, I had a few adventures in it. Back in the 80s BMWs weren't really on the radar, people thought ferrin cars were all slow. My favorite was probably when I was on a street where one lane, the one I was in, went onto the freeway. One went straight. This girl was in the go straight lane and decided to pass me with no room. I'd already short shifted into second but in those days Camero/Firebird V8s were so slow she couldn't even get by me. She was not happy as evidenced by the look on her face and the second finger waving in the air. I couldn't figure that one out, why was she mad at me if her car was slow?
    98 328is
    02 525ita
    80 528i
    81 528ia
    and decades of owning and driving BMWs

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234