Thread: BME Hawaii

My Cars
    2003 325I, 2006 525I,

Thumbs down BME Hawaii

I have been a BMW fanatic since the 1970's my first was a 2002. I was also the chartered president of the BMW Car Club of Hawaii. I have owned various models of BMW's and it now must come to an end.

I have at various times serviced my cars at Bavarian Motor Experts in Honolulu. I entrusted this shop to recommend repairs and scheduled maintenance for my 2006 BMW 525I. It only has 114K and according to BME I had blown my transmission beyond the cost of my budget. THE TRANSMISSION WAS BEYOND REPAIR. Bear in mind I was aware of the 100K required transmission oil change which is not cheap. To be told that all of their maintenance work done which I had paid substantially, would not prevent the transmission to deteriorate at such a low mileage. There was no compassion about my situation either have it repaired there or tow it out of the property. What a bummer!!

So you folks out there buyers consumers and customers be aware! Watch out for youselves or they'll drain your pockets. No more BME. Now more BMW. Its too bad they don't know our names.

THE ONCE LOYAL CUSTOMER.

My Cars
    TWT PURP/WB/TURBO E46 M
    Don't even get me started on BME. They were not used to servicing my new M3 when I took it there. They told me no prob to jus wait over lunch break for retarded expensive oil change. Some how they said they lost track on draining the oil before they put new oil in (it is my belief they only partially drain oil for their oil changes) and we're not familiar with electronic dip stick. Couple hours later I hop in it and it is shaking!!! They said well jus bring it back later it will be fine. I drove it round the block said fvck that fix it now. Dude didn't even apologize and acted like I was being to particular. He later apologized on here when I posted up and offered me a free service but to late I know the real deal. I will accept nothing after the cold shoulder. One of the most shady companies I dealt with here and that is saying a lot. Can't believe people actually go there. #neverforget
    -Josh
    My Journal I - Traded
    VORSTEINER - APEX - BREMBO - FORTUNE-AUTO - LIGHTWERKZ - UMNITZA - ROGUE - PIONEER -SAMCO -
    ESS 550/METH - JVT - HPF FERAMIC STG1 - MFEST

M///
    My Journal II
    CUSTOM TURBO - DIXIS - TWC WIDEBODY - RECARO - ROGUE - AP RACING - FORTUNE AUTO - CCW
    M///

My Cars
    I love turbos!
    Don't give up on the BMW. Call Kiyo's Transmission on Queen Street and speak to Wayne. They are very fair, honest and are on the diagonal from BME on that block of Queen and Kawaiahao.

My Cars
    2003 325I, 2006 525I,
    Because of BME I'm completely turned off with BMW's !! No more BMW for me. Their service sucks they have no compassion to help our when your BMW died on you. Take it off the property is what they said. What a Bummer!

My Cars
    1997 M3, 2dr/5spd*
    According to Mike Miller, tech writer for Roundel and Bimmer magazines, 100k miles is about what to expect from a BMW automatic transmission if you follow the factory maintenance schedule...
    Estoril/Modena '97 M3...sold for the second time.
    ------------------------------------
    You only live once, and I'm running out of time...

My Cars
    Euro CR E24s + 540iT
    If it wasn't for A&A Motorwerkes, I wouldn't have my BMWs.
    "Simply looking at a Shark is the same as buying one " - R. Carter
    "I have to stop looking at Sharks" - RokuMado
    In Desire Of: 1985 M635CSi (Alpine White) OR ALPINA Model
    1985 Euro 635CSi CR 5-Spd (Schwartz/Buffalo Anthracite)
    1985 Euro 635CSi CR 5-Spd (Polaris/Napa Schwartz)
    1985 Euro 628CSi Auto(Zobelbraun/Buffalo Nutria)...Rehomed
    2002 540iT Sport Auto (Schwartz/Napa Black)
    2019 740i M Sport (Carbon Black/Napa Black)
    (pics) Nori YumeHimeSaiko

My Cars
    I love turbos!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene V View Post
    According to Mike Miller, tech writer for Roundel and Bimmer magazines, 100k miles is about what to expect from a BMW automatic transmission if you follow the factory maintenance schedule...
    Gene!

I'm surprised he got 114k out of that trans. Some have even gone at 70k, but it is just a valve body away from repair.

My Cars
    2003 325I, 2006 525I,
    It's indeed terrible to invest in a $50K plus automobile and the transmission is only good at 100k miles. I would say we're all getting ripped of with this German product. Buy American i would say!

My Cars
    I love turbos!
    Quote Originally Posted by dabareng View Post
    It's indeed terrible to invest in a $50K plus automobile and the transmission is only good at 100k miles. I would say we're all getting ripped of with this German product. Buy American i would say!
    Go buy a Camry. It should last you a very long time without having to do very much maintenance.

Btw, you really don't invest in a daily driver.
    Last edited by The Beastmaster; 09-01-2016 at 04:39 AM.

My Cars
    91 M5, 90 525i & 04 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beastmaster View Post
    Don't give up on the BMW. Call Kiyo's Transmission on Queen Street and speak to Wayne. They are very fair, honest and are on the diagonal from BME on that block of Queen and Kawaiahao.
    Yup, Wayne has fixed several transmission for me and stood by his work
    Insert enhanced picture of car here:___________

Insert a trite & witty quote here:___________

Insert a list of fictitious modifications here:___________

My Cars
    I love turbos!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bob View Post
    Yup, Wayne has fixed several transmission for me and stood by his work
    Hmmm, what about $500 for the 06 525i?

My Cars
    No more BMWs :(
    Quote Originally Posted by dabareng View Post
    Buy American i would say!
    Now this is going TOO far.
    997 Carrera 2S..the choice of 2 out of 3 Top Gear presenters.

My Cars
    '73 E9, '94 E34, '02 E46
    Dabareng, sorry to hear of your troubles. We've met, I (and Brian) are also past Prezzes of BMWCCHawaii back when we didn't need a space to set of the marque name. I also started with 2002s and have had fifteen of them so far.

I've known Voytek and Titus for a long time, back when V was still at the dealer, then went mobile, now at his yard in Kakaako. It's long been known that although his shop is meticulous and well informed, he may be the most expensive place in town.

As I'm sure you know, but for the info of others, there are at least three places within three blocks of the dealer to have you car and trans serviced: Motor Werkes, BME, and Honolulu Bimmer Works. And others further away.

You haven't stated the nature of the problem, but it could be fairly simple. I've been into my wifes electronically controlled trans on her '98 Benz C280 and while it was no picnic, the serviceable stuff drops out the bottom without special tools. That I was unsuccessful in correcting the problem (which came along at only 50,000 miles) would not be the point; it turned out that one valve solenoid that ohmed correctly, and one spring in the valve body that was known to fail, had to be replaced.

Some research online may lead you to a better understanding of your trans, and potentially point you to a resolution. Damning BME for a failure of the trans selected and installed by BMW is unfair.

I'll second the post above and reiterate that cars are NOT an investment until/unless you consider a consistently negative rate of return to be acceptable. It's possible with sharp dealing and quickly flipping cars bought from unsuspecting, frustrated prior owners to make a buck or few, but other than at extremely rare price levels, cars do not generally have a positive ROI.

For the record, "Real Men Fix Their Own BMWs" is on my license frame, a gift from my wife many years ago. In the spirit of these times, I'll have to say that I'm not a BME customer nor was this post approved by them.
    Last edited by Honolulu; 09-18-2016 at 06:48 PM.
    Charlie

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to add value to these threads, either by pictures or by descriptions, so the next person with the same or similar problem stands on your shoulders.

My Cars
    I love turbos!
    Hey Charlie, how did you like the offer I made? lol

My Cars
    2003 325I, 2006 525I,
    Charlie,

It's the Trust and Integrity with compassion that I question BME. I have been a long time customer of theirs and should've been treated like family. They forgot my name. I was Mr. Loyal Customer. When my BMW died, funeral directors would have given better advise and support.

My Cars
    '73 E9, '94 E34, '02 E46
    Brian: $500 is straight outa my playbook. Funny thing is, it worked one time and I got back a '74 2002 tii that I'd sold about 18 months prior. Kept it a few months, sold it to a guy I knew, his daughter totalled it by first rear ending someone in Aina Haina, leaving the scene, then driving home to the very top house on Maunalani Circle. When I got wind of this a few days later I went up and started the engine. It still started fine but run like a tin can full of rocks. Not economically repairable, let that one go.

Darryl, have you got a second opinion? Sounds like the problem may not be complicated after all if it's only a valve body. IF. Oherwise, well, it's rebuilt trans time.
    Charlie

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to add value to these threads, either by pictures or by descriptions, so the next person with the same or similar problem stands on your shoulders.