Thread: Where to look for new job?

My Cars
    E36

Where to look for new job?

I am a level 3 BMW technician, but can pretty much do it all except I have no hybrid or electric vehicle training.

If I am willing to locate anywhere in the country, where should I look for work where I can earn a decent living and not have to deal with slow shops that don't have enough work and you get raped by flat rate?

My Cars
    2007 BMW 530xiT
    Quote Originally Posted by NGC1300 View Post
    I am a level 3 BMW technician, but can pretty much do it all except I have no hybrid or electric vehicle training.

If I am willing to locate anywhere in the country, where should I look for work where I can earn a decent living and not have to deal with slow shops that don't have enough work and you get raped by flat rate?
    how about HC BMW in Boston? Not too far from where you are now. Their service department always seems to be PACKED anytime I'm in there. Cost of living down here is ridiculous though....

My Cars
    1997 E36 M3/4/5
    BIMRS.org is a group of higher end independent shops. You might start with them as a directory of options. Beyond that, certain shops have developed reputations locally in their markets. You'd have to check with the regional people to see who's good. Then again many solid indy shops are smaller. BMWCar Club of America probably has a listing of the more prominent shops as well.

I would assume any of the dealerships would have a reasonable amount of work, though it doesn't sound like you're looking for that.
    Marc Plante
    E36 M3/4/5 193k
    Konis+ Dinan Springs, Understeer SS, Shepott European steering Wheel, ZKW Ellipsoids, ECIS Intake+ ATE Foam filter, Stromung Exhaust, Recaro SRDs. JVC Arsenal Head Unit. Alpine MRV-F300 Amp, ADS 535i components, JL Audio Stealthbox Subs

My Track Rig:
    i7700 / 2080 PC with Assetto Corsa and Content Manager, Samsung Odyssey+ VR goggles
    Fanatec CSP wheel and pedals, SSH Shifter, recaro seat. Home built cockpit
    Mt Pleasant, SC, USA