Thread: Body Shop/ Paint Shop in South Florida (Recommandations?)

My Cars
    97 BMW M3 Sedan

Body Shop/ Paint Shop in South Florida (Recommandations?)

I recently got into a front accident and I have all the parts I just need a good body shop to paint the front of the car (Artic silver) I am scare to send it to anyone.
    Does anyone have any recommendations in South Florida (Ft Lauderdale, Hollywood, Miami around those areas).

thanks.
    Current
    -1997 BMW M3 4Door Artic Silver w/ Black Interior Daily

Past
    -2001 BMW 325i
    -1999 BMW M3 Vert White
    -1981 VW Rabbit Pickup (Caddy) 2.0 ABA

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas, I want him to shit his pants." - Enzo Ferrari

My Cars
    1998 m3 convertible
    RED LINE in Pompano talk to Rennie 954-783-7003. Is off Dixie and NE 48 st.

My Cars
    1990 735I (E32) M30
    I would use 1st Class Auto...............2421 N.E. 5th Ave........Pompano Beach. Ask for John Schreppel. Ten years ago they did a bare metal paint job for me. They had the car for just under two weeks. They were amazing. I've had the car since 1990. Original E32 owner. Here are a few pictures taken a couple of weeks ago. The car looks exactly like it did when they were finished. BMW never had a car leave the factory with this good a paint job.

Last edited by CroughtonE32; 09-17-2016 at 04:32 PM.
    1990 735I (Auto) E32 Feb 1990 to Present
    1996 Z3 Roadster (5 Speed) E36/7 Jan 1999 to Dec 1999
    1983 733I (5 Speed) E23 April 1983 to Feb 1990
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d4tHoHGaJo
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!Av20xCMMocSsyEpl...h_oOk?e=ekIcAT

My Cars
    '95 M3 '00 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by CroughtonE32 View Post
    I would use 1st Class Auto...............2421 N.E. 5th Ave........Pompano Beach. Ask for John Schreppel. Ten years ago they did a bare metal paint job for me. They had the car for just under two weeks. They were amazing. I've had the car since 1990. Original E32 owner. Here are a few pictures taken a couple of weeks ago. The car looks exactly like it did when they were finished. BMW never had a car leave the factory with this good a paint job.
    I used to swear by 1st class, they've done great work on my M3 and previously my Integra (last time I've needed body work was in 06 or 07). I used to go through Jon (pronounced June) Branca, he was absolutely amazing. He passed me on to John when he left. I have recently referred all my friends and they have had bad experiences. (A new Porsche Cayman, boxster, BMW 1 M) The work they did was not up to par with my previous experiences at first class. They followed the owners instructions on finishes very poorly; he asked for a clear coat on a carbon fiber wing, they painted the top black then cleared the entire wing. I saw my friend having to argue a lot to get it fixed. They also installed his front splitter incorrectly. They just used the double sided adhesive tape, because when the repaired his bumper they didn't properly align the bumper leaving one of the mounting holes for the splitter to be off by a couple of centimeters. Instead of realigning the bumper and using all the mounting hardware they just taped it in place. Needless to say, it flew off at speed, on I95. The boxster had to go back multiple times to fix minor issues they could've fixed correctly the first go around.

I recently went to get a quote for a full respray on my M Coupe, thinking I can't let my friends experiences influence my 5 great experiences I've had with them. I've worked with John in the past, my dad has also worked with him, this time around he seemed very reluctant to work on my car and seemed more interested in insurance work only. At first he didn't even want to quote me, said his shop had no time and that his techs command too much per hour that he would have to charge me too much for the job. I told him I was very flexible on time, understood all that goes into it and that his shop was the only shop I trusted to do this work to a high standard. He shuffled his feet some more, made more excuses why it would cost so much. I told him to humor me, he said between $10k-$13k!! I got the picture at that point, left pretty insulted.

Summary: they used to have great customer service and do great work, they have since concentrated on making as much money as possible at the expense of what built their reputation. IMHO

db
    [oo]|[||][||]|[oo]
    '95 M3 Cosmos Schwarz Metallic on Dove Grey: AA CAI, AA bump up kit, Euro HFM, JC chip, AA track pipe, AA Gen III exhaust, AA ltw flywheel and clutch package, X brace, front strut brace, Koni SA shocks, H&R sport springs, GC RSMs, 71 deg T-stat, aluminium housing, JT-D underpanel, Hamann black out grill kit, oem euro lights all around, 18" BBS RC 10s, UUC motorwerks pulley kit, 3 spoke steering wheel, silverstar H1s fog light bulbs, ZKWs w/CCFL, Prolumen 4300k HIDs, Powerflex RTAB and LCAB
    (<oo\(||][||)/oo>)
    '00 M Coupe Oxford Green II Metallic Sunroof Delete on Oregon Beige: (under construction)

My Cars
    1990 735I (E32) M30
    I'm really surprised. Like I said the above bare metal paint job was done 10 years ago and I could not have asked for a better experience. I've stopped in to see them every few years as my leather guy is just up the block. Carl from Charlese. They did my entire interior a few years after the paint. Carl passed away a few years ago and Mike has taken over the upholstery shop. I have no complaints about them either. I got factory leather from GAHH as well as four yards of factory headliner and Carl did an amazing job. I guess as time goes by things change. I'm just glad my paint has stayed new for all this time. I also had a very good experience with Superior Auto. They do all that carbon fiber stuff and other things that an old guy like me can only look at. I did have a set of Alpina wheels shipped to me from the UK last year, and Superior did the stripping and powder coating for me. They did a wonderful job as you can see on the same pictures I posted. Thanks for the heads up.................Jeff
    1990 735I (Auto) E32 Feb 1990 to Present
    1996 Z3 Roadster (5 Speed) E36/7 Jan 1999 to Dec 1999
    1983 733I (5 Speed) E23 April 1983 to Feb 1990
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d4tHoHGaJo
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!Av20xCMMocSsyEpl...h_oOk?e=ekIcAT