Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to me '99 M3/2/5 Vert

My Cars
    1998 m3 5 speed
    Quote Originally Posted by ELSchlotty View Post

I was looking at the magnaflow system sold through bimmerworld. Great sound (per the YouTube video) and good looking exhaust tips. Which setup are you running?
    After debating between the AA and stromung, I went with the staggered tip(keep the OEM look) Stromung. Really well built. Its a little "boomy" for the first couple hundred of miles but once it breaks in, sounds great. very little(if any) drone in 5th gear cruising.

My Cars
    2013 328i, 1999 M3 Vert
    Quote Originally Posted by Botoja View Post
    After debating between the AA and stromung, I went with the staggered tip(keep the OEM look) Stromung. Really well built. Its a little "boomy" for the first couple hundred of miles but once it breaks in, sounds great. very little(if any) drone in 5th gear cruising.
    These cars need a 6th gear for cruising. I can't imagine any aftermarket exhaust not droning at 80mph the way these are geared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1998 m3 5 speed
    80mph, about 3500, top down, windscreen(makes highway cruising much quieter), and minimal drone. At least with the stromung. If it did have a 6th gear I'm sure the drone would be much more noticeable. On a scale of 1 -10, my cts-v with full exhaust is 8/10, the M would be a 2/10.

My Cars
    1999 M3 5spd vert
    Just got back from a trip to NYC (US Open) were we spent $ like it was going out of style. Now have our 10yr anniversary trip to Curaçao coming up in a few weeks + gift to buy so I might limit my M3 spend to reconditioning projects for a bit to slow the bleeding! That said, I am pretty sure the /// addiction has fully set in and there will be some tasteful performance and appearance mods in the not so distant future.

My Cars
    2013 328i, 1999 M3 Vert
    80mph, about 3500, top down, windscreen(makes highway cruising much quieter), and minimal drone. At least with the stromung. If it did have a 6th gear I'm sure the drone would be much more noticeable. On a scale of 1 -10, my cts-v with full exhaust is 8/10, the M would be a 2/10.
    Noted... Had a b7 S4 with CORSA exhaust that was obnoxious but did not drone in 6th

Bill

My Cars
    1998 m3 5 speed
    Corsa exhaust system are hands down one of the best system out there. Pricey but you get what you pay for. For those with the hardtop, I'm really starting to like the "pillarlessness" look. How bad are the squeaks? I can't imagine it being more annoying that the stock ragtop.

My Cars
    2013 328i, 1999 M3 Vert
    Corsa exhaust system are hands down one of the best system out there. Pricey but you get what you pay for. For those with the hardtop, I'm really starting to like the "pillarlessness" look. How bad are the squeaks? I can't imagine it being more annoying that the stock ragtop.
    You can work out most of the rattles and squeaks with adjustments. The car certainly feels more solid with it on

Bill

My Cars
    2/91 Build NVM50
    Quote Originally Posted by M3Dynamic View Post
    He's right... mine basically never comes off.. the pillarless'ness provides a similar experience to the top down

Don't care for verts but your ride looks sick!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

My Cars
    98 M3
    I was looking at the magnaflow system sold through bimmerworld. Great sound (per the YouTube video) and good looking exhaust tips. Which setup are you running?
    I had that setup on my car. Sounded great when you were out for a drive, for the sake of driving. Got really annoying in traffic. The low end boom drove me insane. Went back to stock after a year.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    99M3, 95Dakar, e46Zhp
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantisvip View Post
    Don't care for verts but your ride looks sick!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Thanks man!
    Coming Soon! thebimmerdude Youtube Channel.... Everything Bimmer...Everything...duuuddee
    1999 e36 Convertible Hardtop - Sypder (byebye softtop conversion )
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...5#post28143955

My Cars
    1999 M3 5spd vert

New to me '99 M3/2/5 Vert

Nothing major but new mats, lower grill insert, and antenna grommet showed up today.

Fresh mats are such an improvement

Grommet was a pain in the ass but suggestions of softening it up in hot water did the trick

Lower grill looks like a hassle to replace but can't stand the busted teeth. Hope to tackle it this weekend.
    Last edited by ELSchlotty; 09-21-2016 at 08:45 PM.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Never had a problem with the grommet. But I might try that trick anyways.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiß III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    1999 M3 5spd vert
    Mason engineering strut bar showed up yesterday. Can't wait to get it installed and see if it does much to reduce the cowl shake.

Also, picked up a beautiful 2014 CPO F30 today to compliment the ///M on weekdays. Would have loved a 335 6spd but settled for a 328 with the sport auto because it looks so good in Estoril Blue with the m-sport trim and the deal was right.

My Cars
    1999 M3 5spd vert

Unwrapped and set in place only to realize that there is a sensor in the way. Should have done my homework to understand the ASC issue...guess I will be reselling this bar if anyone is interested.

Last edited by ELSchlotty; 10-29-2016 at 09:01 PM.

My Cars
    2013 328i, 1999 M3 Vert
    Mason engineering strut bar showed up yesterday. Can't wait to get it installed and see if it does much to reduce the cowl shake.

Also, picked up a beautiful 2014 CPO F30 today to compliment the ///M on weekdays. Would have loved a 335 6spd but settled for a 328 with the sport auto because it looks so good in Estoril Blue with the m-sport trim and the deal was right.

Sweet! Love the F30 in Estoril. Had a 13 328 that my lease was just up on. Shopping for another daily.

Billy P
    IG@ toyznwatches

My Cars
    1999 M3 5spd vert
    Thanks BP. The Estoril is what sold me. Also looking forward to the tech improvement vs my 2010 A4 Prestige. Hope I don't regret giving up the 6mt, but the CPO warranty expired and the Audi had to go.

My Cars
    1999 M3 5spd vert
    Finally picked up the "new" daily. They did a great job with the reconditioning and I'm really happy with the 35% tint. Will see if I miss the manual trans in daily driving...

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Too bad about the strutbar. That looks like a seriously proper one. Solid bar, no hinges and beefed up.

I guess it won't fit at all 180° turned.

IG:

My Cars
    1999 M3 5spd vert
    Quote Originally Posted by MParallel View Post
    Too bad about the strutbar. That looks like a seriously proper one. Solid bar, no hinges and beefed up.

I guess it won't fit at all 180° turned.
    Definitely disappointing but ended up selling it on to a forum member so not a complete loss. Now I just need to order the correct bar direct from Mason.

My Cars
    1999 M3 5spd vert

Ordered and installed the correct Mason Engineering strut bar. Nice enough weather today to cruise around with the top down - still not a coupe but noticeably less cowl shake.

Also, finally got around to installing the lower grill. Pita but worth the effort. Now I really need to order a new lip spoiler to finish off the front end reconditioning.

Last edited by ELSchlotty; 11-26-2016 at 10:36 PM.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Nice.

Interestingly, that strutbar looks just like the other one, but rotated 180 degrees to clear the ASC TPS.

IG:

My Cars
    1999 M3 5spd vert
    A few minor updates over the last month or two:

New front lip and PDR on the hood

Zhp shift knob

DIY refurb of the drivers door card

Amazing what some detergent, hot water, and a toothbrush did for the 18 year old steering wheel

Also amazing what a difference a $4 sticker makes

Have 4 Contours in the garage to be refinished (thanks uneeqinc).

Also considering a e46 trunk lip spoiler...thoughts?

My Cars
    08' M5 & 98' M3
    Congratulations on your purchase. Nice buy!

You bought a vert at the right time since the weather's just turning warm. I see that you're already tinkering with it here and there. Modding an E36 is certainly addicting. I started mine three years ago and after a couple hundreds of mods here and there, I still haven't finished.

Getting a hardtop is a must. It makes the car looks much better but the downside is the inconvenience of removing it when you need to drive around with the top down.

Jon
    08' BMW M5 (Alpine white/Indy red) - Dinan/Brembo/Corsa/Forgestar/Vorsteiner/3M/Dinmann/SMG
    98' BMW M3 (Dakar yellow/black) - Dinan/RMS/Vortech/Work/Denon/Brax/Helix/3M/Recaro/Stoptech/AST/6MT/3.91 LSD

BMW 325isA (gone but not forgotten)
    ACS Type II front bumper-ACS Type II sport mirrors-ACS Type II roof spoiler-ACS Type I rear apron-ACS rear wing-ACS pedals/dead pedal-ACS wood gear knob-ACS wood trim-ACS badges-BBS RS II 18's-TMS chip-ECIS intake/cover-RMS exhaust-Dinan transmission chip-ERT crank pulley-ZKW/DDEII/Phillips 6000k Hids-Kenwood eXcelon head/CD changer-Alpine sound field processor-PPI Art amps-MBQ speakers-Infinity 10' sub-Alpine 8070 alarm-Chrome trunk lid-Chrome gauge rings-In Pro smoked corners-BMW OEM clear tails-M3 mouldings-M3 floor mats-M3 door sills-M3 Lux wood trim-M3 rear sway-X brace-Koni shocks-Bav Auto springs-JTD RSMs-Front/rear strut braces-E46 front grills-Kamei eyelids-Kamei cf door handles-tinted windows-German ECC plate

My Cars
    1999 M3 5spd vert

Dakar + ACS = Drool.

I will probably stay relatively stock with this one. TiAg on Dove isn't my ideal color combo but I couldn't pass it up since it was local and unmolested. Would like to eventually end up with an Estoril or Dakar on Magma/Mulberry/Modena 'vert in the garage.

Last edited by ELSchlotty; 03-24-2017 at 11:03 PM.

My Cars
    1998 M3, 2013 X5
    The car looks amazing. I have thought about a hardtop but can't justify the cost for the time I spend behind the wheel. Weekend warrior, garage queen.
    Everything is better topless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast