Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 League of Northeast Idiots Fest : Weekend of Sep 30 ~ Oct 01

My Cars
    '85 635 CSi A 5 Sp TCD Stage II

2016 League of Northeast Idiots Fest : Weekend of Sep 30 ~ Oct 01

My dear fellow idiots, potential idiots, wannabe idiots, proto-idiots, nascent idiots, born again idiots, apostate idiots, idiots in denial, idiots in Des Moines, imbeciles and morons,

After a grueling ten minutes of exhaustive research and Deep Thinking by the Elders of Idiocy (that would be Ron S. and myself) figuring out where to go this year it is my pleasure to announce the When’s and Where’s of this year’s Northeast League of Idiot(‘s) Fest. The question of Why is likely best not asked.

The unlucky burb about to be benighted by our superannuated (both most of us and the cars) presence is none other than the charming (until we show up) village of Luray, Virginia in the gorgeous Shenandoah Valley. Now even an idiot would not consider the Commonwealth of Virginia to be in the Northeast but we have had stalwarts from Virginia and Maryland faithfully drive north to attend all the previous Idiot Fests so we thought it right and proper for once to bring the mountain to them this year. Plus we are really hoping that a few of you from around these VA environs that would have liked to partake in years past but found the two way drive to the far away NE a little much for a single weekend of worthless inanity might now see fit to join us. I want to emphasize here that cars (and drivers….even Linwood ) in all conditions are most welcome. We don’t care if you pull up in a rust bucket steaming antifreeze and dripping oil or arrive like Agent 007 with Pussy Galore in the passenger seat or like Jeff Brown ( Agent 013) in a concourse jaw dropper……. It’s about the people and having fun and staying in touch.
    So to quote from this year’s theme song written and sung by the exquisite Joni Mitchell

Take off take off
    Take off your stay-at-home shoes
    Break off shake off
    Chase off those stay-at-home blues

Have a listen….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_NnNIW7aRc

We have put aside 12 rooms at the
    Hillside Motel
    Highway 211, Luray Virginia
    Tel: 540 743 6322
    Rates run from $ 72.00 per $ 95.00 per night

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Rev..._Virginia.html

The motel has a fire pit so we can have our traditional bonfire and roasting of Dr. Barber’s nuts.
    Most of us will show up Friday afternoon and depart some time Sunday.
    I am not sure at what point the motel will start to release these tentative
    bookings to other (non Idiots) parties so if you do want to attend please book ASAP and just mention the ‘BMW event’.

There will be the usual Lemmingquest convoy drive Saturday which will be almost certainly down and up the marvelous Skyline Drive. Chief Operating Idiot Ron S. is researching eateries and we will report on that soon .
    In the interest of our better being able to manage resto reservations as well the convoy please do let me know by e mail if you will attend:

baddog@videotron.ca
    C’mon !!

Taylor – Chief Marketing Idiot

PS a shot of my other road trip this summer down the north shore of the St. Lawrence River estuary. This photo taken at Tadoussac looking south from where the river is so wide that the south shore is barely visible. I hope you all had as good a summer as I did !

My Cars
    1987 BMW M6
    I'll take another minute or two and hammer out the drive and dining. Looks like the Idiots will ride again. Thanks Taylor

My Cars
    86 635csi 98 740i 96 MB
    Well, for crying out loud--it's about time you blokes got your act together.

Been awaitin' for the invite and the place & the dates are perfect.

I'll leave my Weber bucket home this year. That means I can get more bottles of beer & scotch in the trunk.

Lucky me, my room is next to Rons. Yep!, that means morning coffee will be one room over.

"See You In September"(Sung) boys.

Bob V
    Last edited by 1986series6; 08-22-2016 at 01:42 PM.

My Cars
    1987 BMW M6
    Rooms are limited and must be reserved by 8/26. I sent an email on this also.

My Cars
    86 635,72 E3, 88M6,73 E9
    I am saddened that I cannot attend this year. That coincides with "Family Weekend" at Virginia Tech where I just dropped off our freshman. I will only be 3 hours away so I will be there in spirit.

Taylor I wanted you to see the old gal with the Canadian Eibachs up front, nice and low.
    Rob E3

My Cars
    1979 635csi 1991 850i
    Well....how about that, right in my own backyard!! I will be there and I have made reservations. It is too early for the leaf peepers and vacation time is over, so the drive should be great. In that area we have some awesome driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway that tends to not be crowded and not many police. The weather sometimes can still be hot that time of year, even in the mountains. I look forward to this and I will try to behave this year.....as least not get us locked up!!

My Cars
    86 635,72 E3, 88M6,73 E9
    Northeast Idiotfest meeting in the south..............thus the name.
    Rob E3

My Cars
    1979 635csi 1991 850i
    What a great picture.....you do not look a day over 85!!!!!! How do you do it?

My Cars
    1980 635
    Room booked,see y'all there !

My Cars
    1987 BMW M6
    I just arranged our lunch stop at Main Street Mill in Front Royal, north of where we are lodging. Looked like a good place for food and beverages. As for Friday night, there are a few places in Luray. I have been to Uncle Bucks for dinner and they are open for breakfast, no complaints there. Across the street is 55 Main Street Brew Pub that looks pretty good also. I'll make some calls but I don't think formal arrangements are needed for Friday. I am happy to see a good selection of Idiots will be available. Cheers Suab

My Cars
    1984 Euro 635
    I'm booked. You better bring that freakin blazer. You promised. Also, am I supposed to bring some nuts?
    '84 Euro 635
    '88 M6 (Gone but not forgotten)

My Cars
    '83 E24 Alpina B9, '87 J-spec M6, '90 E34 B10 BT
    Don't drink the water in Front Royal. Just sayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by SUABBYM6 View Post
    I just arranged our lunch stop at Main Street Mill in Front Royal, north of where we are lodging. Looked like a good place for food and beverages. As for Friday night, there are a few places in Luray. I have been to Uncle Bucks for dinner and they are open for breakfast, no complaints there. Across the street is 55 Main Street Brew Pub that looks pretty good also. I'll make some calls but I don't think formal arrangements are needed for Friday. I am happy to see a good selection of Idiots will be available. Cheers Suab

My Cars
    1987 BMW M6
    I was thinking beer would be a good stand in.

My Cars
    1979 635csi 1991 850i

You are free.....finally!!

Quote Originally Posted by EuroGeorge View Post
    I'm booked. You better bring that freakin blazer. You promised. Also, am I supposed to bring some nuts?
    So George, are you out on work release? I hope your parole officer does not know who you will be hanging out with. Someone said Taylor will be wearing his cowboy shirt he had when he was twelve (the one he had at sharkfest many years ago) and his white socks with sandals and shorts. A Canadian fashion statement some say.

My Cars
    1984 Euro 635
    Quote Originally Posted by Linwood Mingis View Post
    So George, are you out on work release? I hope your parole officer does not know who you will be hanging out with. Someone said Taylor will be wearing his cowboy shirt he had when he was twelve (the one he had at sharkfest many years ago) and his white socks with sandals and shorts. A Canadian fashion statement some say.
    Yeah...I want that freakin cowboy shirt too. Dammit
    '84 Euro 635
    '88 M6 (Gone but not forgotten)

My Cars
    1987 BMW M6
    There is still space for a few more Idiots. 2 rooms remain, one has a queen bed the other has 2 twins. These rooms go on the open market after tomorrow Friday 8/26

My Cars
    BMW 645 E64 2005

Thumbs up

how are you doing Taylor, looking great in this picture. Hope all is good with you and family. Gunter

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Marshall View Post

My dear fellow idiots, potential idiots, wannabe idiots, proto-idiots, nascent idiots, born again idiots, apostate idiots, idiots in denial, idiots in Des Moines, imbeciles and morons,

After a grueling ten minutes of exhaustive research and Deep Thinking by the Elders of Idiocy (that would be Ron S. and myself) figuring out where to go this year it is my pleasure to announce the When’s and Where’s of this year’s Northeast League of Idiot(‘s) Fest. The question of Why is likely best not asked.

The unlucky burb about to be benighted by our superannuated (both most of us and the cars) presence is none other than the charming (until we show up) village of Luray, Virginia in the gorgeous Shenandoah Valley. Now even an idiot would not consider the Commonwealth of Virginia to be in the Northeast but we have had stalwarts from Virginia and Maryland faithfully drive north to attend all the previous Idiot Fests so we thought it right and proper for once to bring the mountain to them this year. Plus we are really hoping that a few of you from around these VA environs that would have liked to partake in years past but found the two way drive to the far away NE a little much for a single weekend of worthless inanity might now see fit to join us. I want to emphasize here that cars (and drivers….even Linwood ) in all conditions are most welcome. We don’t care if you pull up in a rust bucket steaming antifreeze and dripping oil or arrive like Agent 007 with Pussy Galore in the passenger seat or like Jeff Brown ( Agent 013) in a concourse jaw dropper……. It’s about the people and having fun and staying in touch.
    So to quote from this year’s theme song written and sung by the exquisite Joni Mitchell

Take off take off
    Take off your stay-at-home shoes
    Break off shake off
    Chase off those stay-at-home blues

Have a listen….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_NnNIW7aRc

We have put aside 12 rooms at the
    Hillside Motel
    Highway 211, Luray Virginia
    Tel: 540 743 6322
    Rates run from $ 72.00 per $ 95.00 per night

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Rev..._Virginia.html

The motel has a fire pit so we can have our traditional bonfire and roasting of Dr. Barber’s nuts.
    Most of us will show up Friday afternoon and depart some time Sunday.
    I am not sure at what point the motel will start to release these tentative
    bookings to other (non Idiots) parties so if you do want to attend please book ASAP and just mention the ‘BMW event’.

There will be the usual Lemmingquest convoy drive Saturday which will be almost certainly down and up the marvelous Skyline Drive. Chief Operating Idiot Ron S. is researching eateries and we will report on that soon .
    In the interest of our better being able to manage resto reservations as well the convoy please do let me know by e mail if you will attend:

baddog@videotron.ca
    C’mon !!

Taylor – Chief Marketing Idiot

PS a shot of my other road trip this summer down the north shore of the St. Lawrence River estuary. This photo taken at Tadoussac looking south from where the river is so wide that the south shore is barely visible. I hope you all had as good a summer as I did !

My Cars
    '85 635 CSi A 5 Sp TCD Stage II
    Always glad to keep you guys sartorially entertained and am already planning this year's wardrobe starting with headwear ! Perhaps my new Omani kumma or one of my rasta stripey slouch beanies.
    Doing just fine Gunter as is the family. Marie and Oliver just back from a week of reptilian beach life in Cuba while I was forced to remain here shackled to my desk feverishly gouging unfortunates.

My Cars
    BMW 645 E64 2005
    great to hear from you. hope to meet up sometime

My Cars
    1979 635csi 1991 850i
    Taylor...I sent you an email that was returned!!! I tried to call you at your office, but the 888 toll free number will not work. PM me with your phone number. I want to talk to you. You did pay your phone bill, right?

tvjake2 is offline SoCalEights - CA BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    '97 840Ci, 1980 308
    Outstanding invitation. Makes me wish I lived closer...and was also an idiot. My wife says that membership in such an organization would be automatic for me. That declaration was somehow comforting. Have fun.

My Cars
    1979 635csi 1991 850i
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroGeorge View Post
    Yeah...I want that freakin cowboy shirt too. Dammit
    Your assignment.....
    George, it will be your job to watch Taylor when he is "over served" and make certain he does not wander off into one of the caves in the area and get lost!!
    Someone said that you can herd cats so this should be a good job for you!

My Cars
    86 635csi 98 740i 96 MB
    George,

Since you're keeping an eye on Taylor, no pepper contest for him.

His howling at the moon will bring us bad luck.

My Cars
    86 635,72 E3, 88M6,73 E9
    Better than shooting rockets at the moon!
    Rob E3

My Cars
    1979 635csi 1991 850i

Taylor howling at the moon

Quote Originally Posted by 1986series6 View Post
    George,

Since you're keeping an eye on Taylor, no pepper contest for him.

His howling at the moon will bring us bad luck.
    I think if the lad is on all four howling at the moon we will be OK. My concern is him on his back with all four in the air and howling at the moon.....now that could be trouble!!! I shall bring some ghost peppers and see what happens.....will Anita be the last idiot standing as in the past? I believe some smoked whitefish might show up as well. George, please do not bring your blowup doll!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast