Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 Belgian GP @ Spa

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    I hope Mag is okay - that was quite the impact. Vettel was at fault for the incident with Kimi in my eyes. As much as that hurts me to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Bahrain saw the same kind of incident when Bottas went inside and Hamilton came from the outside and tried to go for the apex and crashed into Bottas -> penalty for Bottas!!

https://youtu.be/yXitZc6dAhg

So that would mean that Räikkönen and Verstappen will get harsh penalties. No wait, they didn't get hit by Hamilton...

See, Hamilton isn't required to see if the track he is turning into is clear, and when he turns into someone causing a crash it's the other guy's fault. No-one in the British media disagrees, or in the British F1 management or stewards either...

https://youtu.be/OFG0KEsscOU
    Last edited by MagneZium; 08-28-2016 at 08:38 AM.
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Yeah, Vettel turned/cut in too early and didn't leave space for other drivers.

That was an unusual loss of traction from Mag's car. I can't tell what really happened.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
    Verstappen driving like an idiot, again.
    Not Verstappen's fault. Unless it was Hamilton that hit him, then it's always 'not-Hamilton's' fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by auaq View Post
    Yeah, Vettel turned/cut in too early and didn't leave space for other drivers.

That was an unusual loss of traction from Mag's car. I can't tell what really happened.
    I think he got a slight bounce in the rear suspension when going over the kerb, which takes away downforce as it lifts the car's bottom off the track, and of course bouncing loses some mechanical grip too.

Also some news: Magnussen was injured...not in the high speed crash into the barriers at Eau Rouge, but while running in the pits and tripping.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    No, I don't think it's his fault at all. Looks like Kimi was aware of Max coming inside. Vettel on the other hand didn't even consider that his teammate was right next to him.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8rat6587 View Post
    10th lap red flag and the cars starting on the back row are now in 4th and 5th
    I'm betting on Alonso to win with Kvyat in 2nd...

- - - Updated - - -

No, I don't think it's his fault at all. Looks like Kimi was aware of Max coming inside. Vettel on the other hand didn't even consider that his teammate was right next to him.
    Vettel did consider Räikkönen to be next to him, but he couldn't see that Verstappen slid into the inside of Kimi. He left room for one car, but in those cars it was impossible to see that another car slotted in there.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Where did Max have room to get through in that turn one incident?

Max's driving after the restart shows more of the same.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    Where did Max have room to get through in that turn one incident?

Max's driving after the restart shows more of the same.
    I have no problem with his 1st corner move. But when Verstappen constantly blocks passes ON THE STRAIGHT and doesn't get penalised then something is seriously wrong with the equation. I'm just watching Hamilton pass Alonso, Vettel pass Kvyat, etc. etc. etc. on that same straight with absolutely no drama. Same on every track for decades, with all drivers. Why does Verstappen get to have different rules?

If a driver makes passing on a straight impossible by blocking then that has to be wrong and against the rules!!

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Great move by Perez on Massa.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    I can't believe how slow Massa is, Alonso's lap times are 3 seconds off the top and yet Massa can't even get close enough to make moves... Then Massa having DRS means Bottas and Kimi can't get past Massa either.

I won't understand it if Williams keep Massa next year (is that confirmed?), he's always so slow, only in some races showing a bit of speed. This race again he lucked into a higher position and then has just fallen backwards for the rest of the race.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    I think if Merc hadn't pitted Hamilton he could've passed Ric and this could've been a 1-2 win for the team. I would like to check on how many laps did he do before pitting, how old were they, and his lap times.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    No way he could've gone to the end of the race on those tires.

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    I think if Merc hadn't pitted Hamilton he could've passed Ric and this could've been a 1-2 win for the team. I would like to check on how many laps did he do before pitting, how old were they, and his lap times.
    He wen M, S, S, M - no way he could've stayed on the softs that long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Ah, okay. For some I thought he was on M before his last pit stop.

- - - Updated - - -

And I think he also radioed in saying his rears were giving up.

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    Yeah, this verstappen stuff is just getting more and more ridiculous with every race and not even single penalty so far. I'm with Kimi on this one.

My Cars
    '96 Ranger, '83 RX7 GSL
    I'm a big Vettel guy, but he was going to get spun by Kimi no matter what Max did.

With that said, Max doesn't make that corner without hitting Kimi. His antics on the straight were pretty stupid as well.

My Cars
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmabarone View Post
    I'm a big Vettel guy, but he was going to get spun by Kimi no matter what Max did. With that said, Max doesn't make that corner without hitting Kimi. His antics on the straight were pretty stupid as well.
    I dunno about that. Kimi would likely have just moved over a foot. Can't do that with Max acting as a mobile curb.

My Cars
    02 E46 M3 IR + 13 Honda
    I think Max will only learn once someone puts him in the wall, kind of wish we had drivers with balls to do that like JPM/Villeneuve/Schumi etc - that kid needs a lesson SOOON! When Kimi complains its most of the time legit - as that guy doesnt hang around and play politics and bull sheit everyone!

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    I just read that Kimi confirmed that Charlie Whiting had ordered Kimi to let Verstappen by after Verstappen had pushed him off the track (and gone off track himself). And apparently NOTHING that Verstappen did was even investigated by the stewards!

See, this is why I call F1 governing and stewards a complete joke! Hamilton or Verstappen can do anything and others are punished. Rosberg does the same thing, he gets harshly punished!

I'm sure it's about bribes and F1 money politics (them having looked into who to favour or protect as they feel they'll bring in more money).
    Last edited by MagneZium; 09-01-2016 at 08:12 PM.

My Cars
    TBD
    It's actually the stewards that make the decisions. Charlie can request them to look into an event but he has ZERO control over the outcome.

The issue is (and always has been) the changing of stewards for every race. The FIA needs to pay a professional steward (hopefully an ex-F1 driver but really could be anyone familiar enough with the rules and sportmanship) to attend each and every race.

Look at races where the chief steward has shown favoritism to a driver of their nationality. It happens frequently and therefore the rules/punishments are so varied and contradictory.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeBack View Post
    It's actually the stewards that make the decisions. Charlie can request them to look into an event but he has ZERO control over the outcome.

The issue is (and always has been) the changing of stewards for every race. The FIA needs to pay a professional steward (hopefully an ex-F1 driver but really could be anyone familiar enough with the rules and sportmanship) to attend each and every race.

Look at races where the chief steward has shown favoritism to a driver of their nationality. It happens frequently and therefore the rules/punishments are so varied and contradictory.

Question is, if Charlie decides he doesn't want certain incidents investigated (like how Verstappen's weren't) then can/will the stewards even do anything? Also, who selects the stewards, who pays for them? Hmmm... And then lastly: it's not as if the stewards are that great in their rulings all the time anyway, I know some of the stewards have made very questionable comments when in commentator booths or otherwise when not working as stewards.

We have clearly contradictory rulings all the time too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12