Thread: How bout a kills section.

My Cars
    2012 E350
    I think it would be neat to have a specific place where we can put kill stories. I'd like to hear how my fellow Bimmeraholics are smokin the competition.

My Cars
    2003 R6
    Hey guys, do you like the 3 categories under each forum or do you want more? Like a kill stories under each one. If you guys have any ideas let me know.

Ray

Retired Original
    BIMMERFORUMS
    Administrator
    My Cars
    BMW & Lexus
    I think the forum page is actually too long as it is now! Removing some of the "OT" and "For Sale" categories from the little used forums would help and then a "Kill" category could be added to a "few" of the forums.

Bob ///M3

My Cars
    '97 328i
    I think a Kill forum would be good under the bimmerforums category

off-topic seems to be a group specific forum

kill stories seems more like a majority topic, every BMW owner should have some kill stories, and we all like to hear them.....

I think its a good idea, but add it to the bimmerforums discussion area, with the test forum and all.
    '97 328i, Montreal blue
    '86 535i Champagne (sold!)
    Sandbox IT

My Cars
    03 Evo
    Atticka's idea is good. A general kill section where all bimmer owners can bask in the glory of their victories (cheesy i know).

As far the first forum page being too long, why not move the most active ones to the top until we can figure out the best organizational tool. It doesn't make sense to remove certain categories from a specific model just because it's not being used right now.
    Vishal

'03 Track Evo
    '97 Eurosport TS M3 - Sold
    [Track Videos]

My Cars
    2003 R6
    Okay lets put together a list of forums under a General category. Like general discussion, kill stories etc.

Ray

My Cars
    BMW 530i
    ooh... kill section, that sounds FUN!

Atticka's idea is good.... one general Kill section for the entire forum. Good idea scott.

Can't wait to hear the stories... bring em' on!
    Richard

Retired Original
    BIMMERFORUMS
    Administrator
    My Cars
    BMW & Lexus

Lightbulb

I agree with Atticka that only one "Kill" category is needed!

We could also consider the following:

"Audio and Electronics"
    The place to discuss anything related to your audio system and other electronics such as radar detectors.

"Wheels & Tires"
    Discuss tires and wheels for your BMW. This section could be sponsored by Tire Rack

"Car Care Products
    This is the place to find out about everything from car wax to tire cleaner.

"BMW Racing"
    Many BMWs are made to race. This is the place to discuss it.

"After-market Parts & Engine Mods"
    In-depth discussion on after-market parts and engine mods in this section.

"Turbos and Supercharging"
    Discuss turbocharging and supercharging in this section.

"Other Cars"
    Yes, there are other cars than BMWs! And some of us even need winter beaters. Feel free to discuss them here.

"Group Purchases and Vendor Specials"
    This could be used for members to organize group purchases from vendors. Hopefully, we will have a number of vendors advertising on a home page (which will preceed the present main or home page that just has all the forums).

"Moderator's Corner"
    This is a private forum for the moderators and administrators of the Bimmerforums.com discussion forums.

Bob ///M3

PS - We have ten (10) possible categories here so I may start a new thread and "poll" them.

My Cars
    2001 Ford F150 Lightning
    Sounds good Bob!
    2001 Ford F150 Lightning
    402hp/528tq

My Cars
    2003 R6
    Bob,

Sounds great, I will do it that way. Excellent idea, i like it

Thanks bob,

Ray

Retired Original
    BIMMERFORUMS
    Administrator
    My Cars
    BMW & Lexus

Thumbs up

I assume you are going to wait on the results of the poll... Or if you see a pattern of heavily weighted "Yes" votes, lets go ahead and add them.

Glad to help out...as always!

Bob ///M3

My Cars
    2003 R6
    Hi bob,

I think we should add all of them except "other cars". What is the poll showing?

Ray

Retired Original
    BIMMERFORUMS
    Administrator
    My Cars
    BMW & Lexus

Lightbulb

Ray,

I would definitely add the following two (2) categories:

"Kill Stories"
    This is the place to post tall tales about racing. Bimmerforums.com does not condone street racing.

"Group Purchases and Vendor Specials"
    This could be used for members to organize group purchases from vendors. Hopefully, we will have a number of vendors advertising on a home page.

These three (3) categories are a toss up (see note below):

"Audio and Electronics"
    The place to discuss anything related to your audio system and other electronics such as radar detectors.

"Wheels & Tires"
    Discuss tires and wheels for your BMW. This section could be sponsored by Tire Rack

"Turbos and Supercharging"
    Discuss turbocharging and supercharging in this section.

Note: I personally don't think it would be a good idea to have too many categories in which the topics are "normally" discussed in the General Discussions category. If we separate too many topics (categories), then there will be much less to discuss in "General Discussions"! The early poll shows a two-for-one "Yes" for these three categories but that isn't nearly as strong as the almost 100% "Yes" vote for the first two categories. As mentioned, the last three are questionable in my opinion!

Bob <font color="blue">/</font><font color="purple">/</font><font color="red">/</font><font color="gray">M3</font>

My Cars
    '97 328i

Thumbs up

good idea Bob.......

we dont want to detract posts from the "general discussion" forums for each series, but the first two Bob mentioned are ones everyone could benefit from (we dont want to mix all the series in to a "audio and electronics section", each series is different in that respect)

maybe even take the "buy/sale" forum and merge them all to one......I find that makes sense because having all in one allows for more viewer and a better chance of someone seeing something they want.....and instead of posting a for sale add in each forum you can do it in one.
    '97 328i, Montreal blue
    '86 535i Champagne (sold!)
    Sandbox IT

My Cars
    03 Evo
    I am in favor of a single buy/sell forum for the following reasons:

1. Let's say someone wants to sell a BMW acccessory. Anything from a watch to a t-shirt. This way, the entire community can benefit from the posting instead of just one those that visit a particular forum.

2. Someone that has a 3-series may be interested in parts from an M3 and thus can see all the parts listings in one place.

3. Cars for sale can be viewed by the general public as well.

Any of these types of situations would benefit from a single classified section. I think that would be the best solution.
    Vishal

'03 Track Evo
    '97 Eurosport TS M3 - Sold
    [Track Videos]