Thread: Half Life Cammed M3 vs many!

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe

Half Life Cammed M3 vs many!

Bathroom Material Incoming – Long Post Ahead

So it’s been a long time since I posted, as many of you know my car was down for the majority of the year for a variety of projects. I’ve been driving it for a little over a month now but haven’t updated anything for a few reasons. Aside from a minor accident taking her away from me for another 3 weeks only one week after I finished, she’s still nowhere near 100%. Currently I’m getting a code for VANOS mechanically stuck (thinking I need a new solenoid even though this one tested OK), still on a base tune that basically just runs the car with these cams, and burning a pretty good amount of oil (thinking piston rings but haven’t confirmed yet). All 3 are pretty big issues IMO although none are debilitating – they just prevent the car from running to potential. All that said, my girl has still hurt some feelings…

Unfortunately I don’t have any video clips yet (even though the GoPro was in the car for all these runs smh). The randomness of the runs means I just didn’t have the camera setup for any. I promise to get some soon, I do have a couple friends lined up for some fun runs and it will be setup. She’s running hard though, can’t imagine what full compression, working VANOS, and a proper tune will do lol. Everything is told in the order in which the cars were raced. All stories are fictional and any similarity to real places or events is purely coincidental!

First up was a Mustang GT. I’m not up on the Mustang chassis codes but this is the one that had the 4.6V8, 1st or 2nd gen retro body. This was only a few days after I finished the car while I still had the stock headers on. I’m cruising down PCH one night with the girlfriend in the car on the way home after dinner. As we’re nearing home the GT pulls up having worked his way through traffic. It’s a nice dark blue color and he’s got an aftermarket exhaust on it but I can’t really see much else. Through mildly tinted windows I can see a white guy in his mid 40s riding solo. He looks like he might be game so I ask the GF for permission to go past the house to give chase. She reluctantly agrees and I duly follow. Now I know these aren’t that quick, I’ve beaten them pretty easily on my previous setup, but this was going to be my first run on the new setup so I wanted a quick snack. Fast forward about a mile down the street and we’re lined up next to each other doing about 55. There’s space ahead but not much but the guy just won’t drop down any slower, try as I might to get more room. Finally I decide to honk it off and see what happens. On 3rd honk we both slam the accelerator and go! I’m in 3rd gear, more or less in the meat of the band, but I’m guessing he must’ve been in 2nd because he had to shift pretty quickly and I got out a little more than a car. As I was getting towards the top of 3rd and shifting I saw him making up ground fast in my mirror, I was like WTF?? Then gearing came into play again and his shift stopped his pull at which point I stretched out about the same lead as before. Traffic came up before he could make up any further ground and that was it. I have no idea what mods he had besides the exhaust I could see, but I’m guessing he also at least had gears based on the way it moved. Would’ve been really interesting to have gotten a 40 with him but oh well, I’ll take what I can get.

Next up was a Tesla 85. Not a D, not a 90D, nothing crazy, just an 85. Riding home on the PCH after washing the car, I pull up to a light next to a white Tesla 85. Windows are tinted dark but it looks like at least 2 people in the car total. Most Teslas around here drive like you’d expect electric car owners to drive – pretty damn sterile – so I didn’t think this would be any different. Light changes and we both move into the intersection. Obviously my car makes noise and theirs did not so I had no clue that they were about to rocket off shortly after I shifted into 2nd. I started to give chase but mis-shifted into 3rd as I pulled alongside them and it quickly continued its jog away from me. At this point I’m thinking that was that, but no! Brake lights in front of me, the Tesla wants another go! Now I’m psyched, I get a chance at redemption lol. I pull alongside the Tesla in 2nd gear about at about 45. As I get next to him I see the nose lift so I hammer it and we’re dead even as I run out 2nd. He briefly pulls ¼ car when I shift to 3rd but that quickly gets reversed as the speeds go up. By the top of 3rd I’ve come back around and am in front by a car. Shift to 4th and this is where the difference became apparent – I could tell he was still in it but my pull got stronger the faster we went. Hard to tell but probably had at least 4 cars by 110. I shut down and he caught up attempting to do a fly by. I was able to shut that down too LOL. This continued for the next couple miles or so, both of us just having fun at higher speeds. Finally I got near home and had to turn off, we exchanged thumbs up (at least I think that’s what the driver did through the tinted window) and went our separate ways.

This next one was a lot of fun, if only because of the type of car involved – really not something you see, much less get to race everyday. Leaving cars and coffee is always a fun time – if you leave in a crowd it feels like a cruise and once you get a safe distance away from the event you can find some people that are down to have a little fun. This particular morning I was riding home alone and hoping to find one such person looking for fun. Driving around a couple older cars and a clean, but seemingly uninterested E92 M3 I was beginning to lose hope when I see a small pair of headlights quickly pop up in my rearview. After a moment of concentration I realize what I’m looking at – a Caterham! Adrenaline flows and I start to move around the cars to get to the space and he follows, DAMN close to make sure I know it’s on. We both get into space going down the hill but have to brake for the left hand turn at the intersection ahead. With cars in front there’s not much we can do, but again I lead us through space and onto an on ramp. The whole time this guy is on me like glue, I can clearly see his and his wife’s faces in my mirrors. We get down to the bottom of the ramp and we’re at another intersection, both of us going right getting onto a highway which is the cross street here. I take the turn and swing to the outside lane he follows and tucks in to the inside. I see him start picking up speed quick after he makes the turn so I don’t wait and I stomp on the gas from about 3500 rpm in 2nd gear. He pulls up to about even with me as 2nd gear winds out. Bang 3rd and neither one is going anywhere, dead even as the speeds go up, hit 4th and same story, albeit briefly because of traffic in his lane. Undeterred, he switches behind me and stays on my ass to make sure I know he’s not done. I again lead us through the small patch of traffic and await him around 85 in 4th gear. Once he gets around the last car and switches next to me, I stand on it. Again we’re even at first but as the speed gets up around 105 I start creeping away, we shut down around 115 with him at my rear bumper. At the next light we exchange pleasantries and he kindly informs me that it smells like I’m burning oil. LOL. I compliment him on the car and take note of the wife who looks completely nonplussed, this is nothing new for her. I’m not up on my Caterham’s but his was red, with a “Powered by Ford” sticker on the front behind a 4 cylinder exhaust pipe coming down the passenger side. Light changes and I went just a bit before him, pulling a car by 3rd, meaning he had to tuck in behind as we were both getting on the same on ramp. Ahead of me was a slow moving Hyundai, being on a long on ramp I resign myself to driving slow, but again this guy is undeterred and flies around us both on the shoulder on the right continuing on up the highway. Fun run and cool couple, no doubt!

My next run wasn’t much of a run and I know that if it was anywhere near heads up, or with a good driver I’d get spanked like a red headed step child. I’m under no illusions about what my car is and isn’t capable of, but as they say, this is the street… I’m on my way home from work approaching a red light when I see what looks like a C7 Z06 approaching behind me. So aggressive looking from the front, it’s hard not to admire them. The light changes and we roll out into the intersection. He passes the car on the left and pulls forward alongside me as the next light changes red. Now I can see that it’s not a Z06, but a convertible with the Z61 package. Looks good and the middle aged guy driving with the top down looks plenty happy. Thinking this was just your average Corvette owner that drives like it’s a hybrid, I was a little surprised with his somewhat aggressive acceleration when the light changed. Having gotten the drop on me in that car there’s no way I could catch up so I just sped up mildly to try and stay close. As luck would have it I ended up slightly ahead as we were both approaching the next red light. I’m in the right lane since I have to turn off when it becomes a ramp onto the PCH about a ¼ mile down the road. He switches to the center lane as it’s clear and the light changes before either one of us comes to a full stop, at this point I can see his front bumper in my side mirror and he has maybe a couple mph of momentum on me. I see his bumper start to lift so I don’t wait and slam the gas in 1st gear. In my mind I’m just waiting to see when he’s gonna come around me, fully expecting it to happen in 2nd gear. I briefly hear his engine start to roar as I slam 2nd gear right over a concrete patched section of the road and spin a good bit, again I’m expecting to see a white rocket blow by me, but nothing yet, he’s still close but not by me. 2nd goes by and now I’m into 3rd and starting to approach the ramp quickly. Finally, just at the moment I’m lifting to hit the brakes at the top of 3rd, the Vette appears on my side, blowing by and continuing straight, driver deadpan serious and looking straight forward. Again, I’ll reiterate that I don’t think my car is faster than or anywhere near as quick as any C7. But with a slight jump and a half car lead it took this guy 3 gears to get around me, and I was pretty happy with that lol.

My next run was with a new friend who I met under unfortunate circumstances, but that’s a story for another day. He has a B5 S4 with K04 turbos, exhaust, downpipes, and a few other goodies I’m not entirely sure about. I know he’s running on an off the shelf tune and he guesstimates he’s around 360-370awhp. Now, I’ve run a car with K04’s before. It was a GTI and I had 2 other people in the car and was on a soft version of my previous setup but that thing spanked me so bad that when my buddy told me his S4 had them I already thought it was a wrap. After kicking it at his place after cars and coffee one morning we decide to ride back to my house to chill at the beach. I won’t bore you guys with all the details of the ride, but we drove in honor of a fallen friend (reason why we met) and, well, let’s just say it’s the quickest I ever covered that distance. Along the way we only had a few chances to line up and honk it off and again the results were…interesting. We lined up at 60 and I honked it off, on 3rd honk I immediately jumped out a car and kept pulling, until the spool. Even with the spool though he could not make up the ground, only staying by my door after I shifted to 4th. Once he shifted out of 3rd a couple moments later it was game over, with the boost loss and time of the shift, and me being in the band in 4th I gapped him bad enough that I let off. This I thought was a little odd since during our playing on the highway we seemed pretty even when in gear, occasionally seeming like he had the advantage. I told him he’d probably have to brake boost but he said something about being uncomfortable doing that in his car so I tried to give him an advantage another way. Off the highway, we lined up around 30 mph, with me in 2nd gear – it’s not an ideal spot for me but should be good for him torque-wise. I honked it off and delayed my start for just a moment so he could get a little spool. Still, the NA response on my motor got me into my band before he had fully spooled and I was half a car ahead before he started making progress. I shut down at top of 3rd about a car ahead. We continued toying around on the way home with similar results but neither one of us is sure exactly how we match up. GoPro will be on for this rematch!

A couple weeks after the runs with the S4 I ran into a lime green Challenger R/T on my way home from work one night. Already on the PCH, we both get stopped at the same light in 1st position next to each other. To my somewhat surprise, it’s a chick driving, looking like she thinks she owns the road with the windows down and a smug smile on her face. I look over, but she does not so I look forward, smile, and wait for the light to change. On green we both roll into the intersection and in anticipation of her going I hammer the gas about halfway through, spin my way into 2nd and back off briefly to see what was going on. When I see her still close and giving chase I put my foot back down and immediately stop her pull. We stay in it to the top of 3rd at which point I had about 2 cars on her. We get sorta lined up again at another light about a mile down the road – her in the left lane, me in the right, with the center in between us and a car in front of each of us and in the center lane. Her windows are still down and though I’m trying to give her a thumbs up, she’s face down in the car acting like she’s digging for something. LOL, first hint of salt… Light changes and the 2nd center lane car moves slowest, allowing her to change in front of him first. I follow her to the center lane, and she stomps on it as she moves to the right lane, in front of the car previously in front of me. I follow but have to modulate the gas to make sure I don’t rear end her, and when we cleared the 1st car in the center lane I switched back over, blowing by her in 3rd somewhat easily and pulling harder once 4th hit. At the next light I got hit with nothing but salt, and it wasn’t from the ocean haha. Windows rolled up, looking dead ahead, completely ignoring my thumbs up or looking at me at all. Oh well, I had fun at least!

My next run was with a modded SRT4 on my way in to work one morning. I decided to take a slightly different route and this led me to a light where I pulled up to first position in the center lane. As I’m waiting for the light to change a slammed, red SRT4 with a giant front mount rolls up behind me. My attention piqued, I sit up straight and get excited – I love morning runs! Light changes and I accelerate into the intersection, quick enough so I could get to the left lane and allow him space. I shift to 2nd gear and hang out waiting, but it took him a moment to catch on. Once he realized I wasn’t shifting, he quickly sped up and pulled alongside me. We looked over at each other and hit the gas at the same time, me jumping out about half car right away and holding through 2nd gear. Hit 3rd and we’re pretty even, with me finally starting to creep at the top of 3rd, getting another half car and putting him at my rear bumper. I shift to 4th and immediately shut down, he proceeds to fly by and continue his way down the street. Another turbo car down!

My latest run was just yesterday. Again, on the way home from work this victory was entirely expected, but still the first chance I’ve had to run one of these cars in any form so I was happy to claim the W. As I’m headed home I spot a 996 Carrera convertible with the top up but windows down moving spritely through traffic. I can see it’s a younger kid, maybe early 20’s so I assume he’s game. I give chase and we both make a left turn at the same intersection, approaching a light that always turns red before we can get there. I have a clear path to an open lane on the left, but he puts in work to get to 1st spot on the right, so I know he wants to go. Light changes and I roll out into the intersection, once I see him pop out around the car in the center lane, we both gun it. Even in 1st, I pull slightly once I hit 2nd and continue creeping, getting a full car in 2nd, hit 3rd and start pulling harder, getting 2.5 cars by the end of the gear. Thinking it was over I start slowing down but see this guy coming up to attempt a fly by. NOT IN MY HOUSE! LOL I downshift back to 3rd and stop his pull, preventing him from pulling even by the time I hit 4th. By this time I’ve proven my point, let him do his fly by and proceed on calmly home.

To those of you that made it to the end, thanks! Lol I know I write a lot so I don’t take offense if my novel is too much for you guys. I know it seems like I only post W’s but if you go back and look I’ve posted plenty of L’s over time too. I’m down to run just about anything anytime and I don’t shy away even when I expect to lose, I’m just a gearhead that likes to go fast. I’ll try and be more diligent about setting up the gopro but for random runs like this I wouldn’t really count on it.

TL;DR:

Cammed E36 M3 beats modded 4.6 Mustang GT, Tesla 85, 4 cylinder Caterham, K04 B5S4, Challenger RT, modded SRT4, and a 996 vert. Outdrives a C7 Z61 package.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Foda420; 08-12-2016 at 02:06 PM.
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    97,98 E36 M3
    do you ever record videos?
    98 M3 Coupe
    intake/muffler delete/M50 Manifold/Tuned
    97 M3 Sedan
    intake/X-pipe/ weight redux

Sold Cars
    99 M3, 95 M3, 92 325i, 95 325i, 09 135i, 96 328i

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by New2M3 View Post
    do you ever record videos?
    I have, but usually I don't have it setup. I might have footage of a 650i kill but I think the camera was full. Unfortunately I don't know many people that do planned runs yet so what happens is random. Riding around with the gopro on all day is kinda overkill since it doesn't happen most of the time and that would prob attract unwanted attention beyond what my exhaust already does.

I do have a few friends lined up for some fun though. The aforementioned S4 will make an appearance, as will a friend with a cammed camaro, and another with an S52 turbo in an M3 clone. He'll be appearing to make us look slow and show off his new widebody that's getting done now. I'll plan a night with all of us and maybe a couple others and I'll make sure the cam is setup.

@M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    '08 G35S, '98 M3/4/5
    Congrats on the W's, sounds like you're representing Team 286 very well! Imagine when you get that thing tuned and running to full potential, none of those runs would've been close if you were at 100% lol. Glad you've been able to enjoy the car after that streak of crappy luck broski
    Infiniti G35S Turbo BMW M3/4/5 Ninja ZX6R 636
    Penn State University '08...better than your school since 1855
    Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity Incorporated

UTI Class of '10, BMW "STEPchild"
    Acurazine.com Mod Squad

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Those new corvettes are pretty quick. The z06 is amazingly fast for stock car.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    '08 G35S, '98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters Stoch View Post
    I don't see the story for the C7 up there for some reason

Acurazine.com Mod Squad

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters Stoch View Post
    Yes, they really are, in all their versions. Like I said I'm under no false impression here that this was probably the one time out of 100 that it takes one until 85 to get around me - with me having the jump and a slight lead at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Infammus 1 View Post
    Congrats on the W's, sounds like you're representing Team 286 very well! Imagine when you get that thing tuned and running to full potential, none of those runs would've been close if you were at 100% lol. Glad you've been able to enjoy the car after that streak of crappy luck broski

I don't see the story for the C7 up there for some reason
    Thanks bro, much appreciated! You know that your car was a big inspiration for me so I'm just happy to be doin what I can, even if I'm not 100% yet. Can't wait to get her healthy and I've got a new income stream lined up that might allow for it somewhat soon. Odd that it didn't show up for you, copy pasted below.

My next run wasn’t much of a run and I know that if it was anywhere near heads up, or with a good driver I’d get spanked like a red headed step child. I’m under no illusions about what my car is and isn’t capable of, but as they say, this is the street… I’m on my way home from work approaching a red light when I see what looks like a C7 Z06 approaching behind me. So aggressive looking from the front, it’s hard not to admire them. The light changes and we roll out into the intersection. He passes the car on the left and pulls forward alongside me as the next light changes red. Now I can see that it’s not a Z06, but a convertible with the Z61 package. Looks good and the middle aged guy driving with the top down looks plenty happy. Thinking this was just your average Corvette owner that drives like it’s a hybrid, I was a little surprised with his somewhat aggressive acceleration when the light changed. Having gotten the drop on me in that car there’s no way I could catch up so I just sped up mildly to try and stay close. As luck would have it I ended up slightly ahead as we were both approaching the next red light. I’m in the right lane since I have to turn off when it becomes a ramp onto the PCH about a ¼ mile down the road. He switches to the center lane as it’s clear and the light changes before either one of us comes to a full stop, at this point I can see his front bumper in my side mirror and he has maybe a couple mph of momentum on me. I see his bumper start to lift so I don’t wait and slam the gas in 1st gear. In my mind I’m just waiting to see when he’s gonna come around me, fully expecting it to happen in 2nd gear. I briefly hear his engine start to roar as I slam 2nd gear right over a concrete patched section of the road and spin a good bit, again I’m expecting to see a white rocket blow by me, but nothing yet, he’s still close but not by me. 2nd goes by and now I’m into 3rd and starting to approach the ramp quickly. Finally, just at the moment I’m lifting to hit the brakes at the top of 3rd, the Vette appears on my side, blowing by and continuing straight, driver deadpan serious and looking straight forward. Again, I’ll reiterate that I don’t think my car is faster than or anywhere near as quick as any C7. But with a slight jump and a half car lead it took this guy 3 gears to get around me, and I was pretty happy with that lol.

@M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    03 530i/5, e30 s52(Sold)
    I have a friend who traded in his regular c6 coupe for a c7 and he says it's a totally different animal. His c6 was also noticeably faster than e92 m3's just for reference. Also I can't imagine a k04 powered s4 having any trouble with almost any N/A bmw. I mean a 280whp car versus 400whp car is a big difference even with the weight difference. Not to mention how much better the s4's torque and powerband must be. I'd question the authenticity of his mods claim because k04 cars don't seem to have a lot of lag even when compared to a N/A motor. From those results id guess he was running those mods on stock turbo's and probably really only putting down closer to 300whp. Not knocking your stories because anything is possible but I wish you had video's to make it more believable. Either that or you have the fastest N/A e36 on this planet lol

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    I want to line up with a C7 SOOO bad. Ive been trying to troll them on the interstate and get them to take the bait, they nevvverrr do. Gotten a few C6's to play, and walk them pretty easily, but no C7. I think I would have no problem with a C7 , but it would be fun. A ZO6 might get me though, they look wicked quick...

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by rajicase View Post
    I want to line up with a C7 SOOO bad. Ive been trying to troll them on the interstate and get them to take the bait, they nevvverrr do. Gotten a few C6's to play, and walk them pretty easily, but no C7. I think I would have no problem with a C7 , but it would be fun. A ZO6 might get me though, they look wicked quick...
    Stock C7 is like a 115mph car. You shouldn't have a problem.
    I would think your in the 120-125 trap range.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    '08 G35S, '98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by BigC986 View Post
    I have a friend who traded in his regular c6 coupe for a c7 and he says it's a totally different animal. His c6 was also noticeably faster than e92 m3's just for reference. Also I can't imagine a k04 powered s4 having any trouble with almost any N/A bmw. I mean a 280whp car versus 400whp car is a big difference even with the weight difference. Not to mention how much better the s4's torque and powerband must be. I'd question the authenticity of his mods claim because k04 cars don't seem to have a lot of lag even when compared to a N/A motor. From those results id guess he was running those mods on stock turbo's and probably really only putting down closer to 300whp. Not knocking your stories because anything is possible but I wish you had video's to make it more believable. Either that or you have the fastest N/A e36 on this planet lol
    I had no issue destroying k04 cars in my cammed N/A e36, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to either. I raced both GTI and b5 s4 k04 cars and neither of them were close. Neither was an e92 M3 or base C6 vette. Haven't been able to gauge C7's as much yet but I'd assume the story is pretty spot on with their capabilities.

Acurazine.com Mod Squad

My Cars
    '15 MB GL
    You sure they were ko4 cars?

A proper k04 s4 is 120+.

And I say proper, because there is a ton of beat garbage ko4's rolling around.

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Ok I'll start by saying that I take no offense that some of you might perceive some of these as BS. Personally I'd prob also call BS on some of this too if it didn't happen to me. As noted, I'm well aware that at absolute best my car probably traps 106-107 right now and that's probably stretching it if I'm honest. I don't think the laws of physics change for me when I race but I do tell these things as they happen. Frankly the length of time between my posts on here usually has to do with me thinking some of it isn't believable.

Personally I'd say his k04 car is probably closer to the beat side. It's well maintained and he's actually a mechanic in his day job at a popular euro shop in Laguna Beach so maybe beat isn't the best way to describe it. But it doesn't have all the supporting mods nor a specific dyno tune. When I guessed he was probably around 350whp he corrected me and said prob closer to 370 so just going off his claims.

With regard to the C7, like I said before I know this was a complete fluke at best, and me being trolled by a guy who never left 3rd gear at worst. I know for certain I'm nowhere near that fast, but it is the way that played out.

I promise to get some vids hopefully within the next month. Then you guys can see how slow I actually am 😝

And Raji, now that you've got a gopro (yea I saw that in that thread) I expect vids of yours asap LOL

@M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    I believe all of it. An s52 with those cams is no joke.. I think we all know you well enough that we know you have no motivation/desire to lie about your car. I pulled hard on a friends B5 s4 avant with bolt ons and full exhaust. Pulled busses. They aren't that quick..

Hah the biggest reason I got the gopro is for you guys lol! I gotta get my car put back together, but vids will definitely be happening now that I have the camera!
    Last edited by rajicase; 08-18-2016 at 07:07 PM.

My Cars
    03 530i/5, e30 s52(Sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by rajicase View Post
    I believe all of it. An s52 with those cams is no joke.. I think we all know you well enough that we know you have no motivation/desire to lie about your car. I pulled hard on a friends B5 s4 avant with bolt ons and full exhaust. Pulled busses. They aren't that quick..

Hah the biggest reason I got the gopro is for you guys lol! I gotta get my car put back together, but vids will definitely be happening now that I have the camera!

Lol they're not that quick? Are you sure? youtube has tons of video's of ko4 cars pulling on fast cars(e55's, ferraris, vettes, etc). Yes they are that quick and your friends stage 2 s4 is not even in the same class as a properly set-up stage 3(k04) car. 280ishawhp to 370ishawhp is a big difference.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Lol they're not that quick? Are you sure? youtube has tons of video's of ko4 cars pulling on fast cars(e55's, ferraris, vettes, etc). Yes they are that quick and your friends stage 2 s4 is not even in the same class as a properly set-up stage 3(k04) car. 280ishawhp to 370ishawhp is a big difference.
    Yeah, I am sure.

Most k04 s4s seem to be in the 375-400ish range. In a 3700lb car. That isn't that fast IMO.

Not saying traditionally any NA e36 is going to keep up with one ^^^^ I am just saying that I believe OP in this case.

My Cars
    '08 G35S, '98 M3/4/5

In my last video I raced a gt3076r genesis that was making 394whp and that car weighs considerably less than a 3700 lb k04 s4 stock, and his car was stripped. Took everything he had to try to catch up to me from a 40 and he couldn't catch me from any other speed. A 370ishawhp s4 will do much worse, I've seen it myself.

Acurazine.com Mod Squad

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Infammus 1 View Post

In my last video I raced a gt3076r genesis that was making 394whp and that car weighs considerably less than a 3700 lb k04 s4 stock, and his car was stripped. Took everything he had to try to catch up to me from a 40 and he couldn't catch me from any other speed. A 370ishawhp s4 will do much worse, I've seen it myself.
    This was one of my favorite of your races tbh. It took him sooooo long to make up the ground. This and that ridiculously close race with the stage 2 SC E36.

Had a little more fun lately - absolutely demolished an E46 M3 off the line through 3 gears, bad enough that the GF asked if he was in it lol. Did something similar to an F10 550i also, that poor guy looked like he was upset he even gave in to the temptation after I came from behind and nosed past him in 2nd gear.

Also have a couple L's! First one is hard to say it was a loss for sure but he did pass me so I'll take it on the chin. Running around with the GF in the car doing some errands I notice a set of HIDs suddenly appear in my rearview and stick. Curious, I accelerate a little and he immediately gives chase. Now, there was traffic and the GF isn't really comfortable with this kind of run so I had to be measured in my application and speed, but I'll admit that it really didn't seem like I was shaking him. Eventually I got to a point where I had to tap my brakes, getting down to about 110 in 5th gear before I was able to floor it again. I decided not to downshift and watched as he fairly easily passed me since he hadn't lost momentum and was in an optimal gear. At this point I finally see it's a Hawkeye STi. We complimented each other on the run and went about our business. Since we didn't really line up it's hard to say that his car is definitely faster (especially with the passenger, air compressor, tools, and spare parts to ship in the car), but as far as the street goes, he takes this round. Hopefully I'll bump into him and get a rematch.

Other L was to a ZX6R, just now actually. He rolled up next to me at a light on PCH. When I saw it was a smaller bike I figured I'd give it a go if he didn't take off from the light. Light changes and I roll into the intersection first, getting about halfway in before stepping on it in 1st. He wasn't too surprised as he pretty quickly followed suit and went from my rear tire to just in front of my fender by the end of his 1st gear. Expecting to see him walk away beyond that point I was a little surprised that he only got about a bike length and a half in front of the car, with me seeming to creep just a little at the top of 4th. He very well could've been toying with me and just staying a certain distance away, idk. But I do know that although we drove calmly next to each other for the next couple miles he absolutely ignored my attempts to give him a thumbs up, and I made it pretty obvious a couple times. Let's leave the salt in the ocean guys lol

About to leave for a vacation to BMW Oktoberfest. Got the gopro charged up and I can't imagine it'll be for naught ;-). Stay tuned, vids coming soon!
    Last edited by Foda420; 08-25-2016 at 04:20 PM.
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Nice!

Some bikers get really salty when they line up against fast cars and don't pull hard.

I raced a friend of a friend with a kawasaki z1000 and pulled on him and he was a complete. . Female dog.. about it.

My Cars
    #Project333Ti & Z3 Coupe
    Nice results! I need to get a ride in your car to see how these bad boys perform in person!

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by e30polak View Post
    Nice results! I need to get a ride in your car to see how these bad boys perform in person!
    Thanks man! I'm down anytime. Were you at SCE yesterday? I was there for a while, parked near the end of the drag strip.

I was planning on doing some drag racing but I'm the cool guy with the yellow top optima battery which is near impossible to tie down in an E36. Smh this also prevented me from getting on Laguna Seca during oktoberfest. Hopefully gonna pick up a lightweight battery that's easy to tie down soon to resolve the issue finally. Yes, I'm mad about it lol.

I did get a video of me running an Evo 8 MR on the way home. But it's worse than Raji's lol. They immediately drop out of frame. I'll post it up at some point this week when I get to it along with a few other acceleration and noise making stuff.
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.