Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: Extended Warranty

My Cars
    2013 528I XDrive

Extended Warranty

I have a 528i X. 42000 miles and warranty expiring this month , Wanted to know your views on extended warranty. Please let me know your input on Endurance and American Standard Auto protection.

Thanks

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    Aftermarket warranties are basically worthless, as they are in it to make money, not pay claims. An actual BMW extended warranty might have been more useful. On ANY purchased warranty YOU must read the fine print- Especially the Excluded components, items, or systems- the exclusions usually don't make them worthwhile. I would rather invest(the co$t of warranty) in a rising star(after a little research) on the stock market, and cash out whatever amount of shares were necessary to finance repairs, when necessary. I'm sure you would come out ahead after (length of warranty) !
    This is my general take on repair warranties, but may vary due to circumstances. Google- Endurance and American Standard Auto protection reviews, and read the BBB along with other website reviews.
    Last edited by MIKYZZ4; 08-08-2016 at 02:23 AM.

My Cars
    2013 528I XDrive
    Thanks. Any other input by others appreciated.

My Cars
    2012 BMW X5M
    I just submitted my first claim with Endurance for cam sensors and Vanos works on my X5M, denied!
    Did you go with Endurance or any other warranty company? If so, what has your experience been so far?

My Cars
    2012 328i
    With level of contract do you have with endurance? I am thinking of getting the top of the line contract for 5k. It's basically a bumper to number coverage and would take me out to 10000k miles. The fact that it covers the turbo seems worth it right there.