Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: E36 on Rotiforms

My Cars
    1996 328i

E36 on Rotiforms

Sup guys, I'm looking into some Rotiforms. The cast ones. Don't know if anyone has them just would like to see some E36's (sedan and coupe welcome) so I can get an idea out of it.

Particularly looking at the Rotiform KPS, BLQ, and IND-T. I never really see E36's on these wheels. If I do, they're usually 3pc forged.

Get to posting! I would post some pictures I've found but haven't figured that out yet

http://aberdeenbmw.invisionzone.com/...h-tidy-wheels/

My Cars
    1996 328i
    Man, no one? Looks like this is an unpopular subforum

My Cars
    525it,02 525it,73 2002

My Cars
    1996 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by jp5Touring View Post
    clever. But no need to be a dick. Believe it or not, I have actually tried Google and haven't found the wheels on an E36 that I was after.

Veta la verga pinche puto. That means good day in Spanish.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinoBMW View Post
    clever. But no need to be a dick. Believe it or not, I have actually tried Google and haven't found the wheels on an E36 that I was after.

Veta la verga pinche puto. That means good day in Spanish.

He's being a dick? Not really!

The link he provided came up with several BLQs, which you said you were after. You posted 1 picture

I would say after that little comment, you're being a dick.

On a side note, these things are 28+ pounds? Jeeeesus

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

Handbags away please !

The reason that there's not 'that' many E36's or indeed BMW on these 'lattice' style wheels is that they don't look good in perhaps 98% of BMW enthusiast/modifier owners eyes. Far too fussy and busy of a look to flow with BMW's more cleaner style lines. That said, to pull this style of wheel off well, the rest of the car needs more aggressive styling to match. The ones above go a good way for that, but I'd say they need to run a lower ride height still. I'd also say they'd need to be 18's at least and 19's preferably with suitable offsets to allow the car to sit very low.

pDubs - 28 pounds for a 18 or 19 inch wheel sounds about right really. I guess a wheel made from a lighter material and/or forged would make a difference of 2.5 to 5 lbs'ish ?!

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    1996 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisCooper View Post
    Hi, Handbags away please ! The reason that there's not 'that' many E36's or indeed BMW on these 'lattice' style wheels is that they don't look good in perhaps 98% of BMW enthusiast/modifier owners eyes. Far too fussy and busy of a look to flow with BMW's more cleaner style lines. That said, to pull this style of wheel off well, the rest of the car needs more aggressive styling to match. The ones above go a good way for that, but I'd say they need to run a lower ride height still. I'd also say they'd need to be 18's at least and 19's preferably with suitable offsets to allow the car to sit very low. pDubs - 28 pounds for a 18 or 19 inch wheel sounds about right really. I guess a wheel made from a lighter material and/or forged would make a difference of 2.5 to 5 lbs'ish ?! Cheers, Dennis!
    Thanks, Dennis. I appreciate your input. Although I like the BLQ and agree with your thoughts on them, I wouldn't run that particular wheel on my car. More interested in the KPS because I think they would look good on the car. Even more so with a low offset. I see a lot of guys running the same wheel or styles. Which is cool and all, but I just wanted to see if anyone out there had gone off the beaten path with one of these Rotiforms.

Ideally, it would be the forged KPS or the INDT. To me, the INDT resembles the style 32.

To the other poster, sorry if I came off like a dick myself. Just found your answer to be rather sarcastic. More so since I had already done that myself the past few weeks and even reaching out to Rotiform to see if they had any customers that had those wheels on our cars.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi ChinoBMW,

Out of those two, I'd go with the KPS as they look like a BBS RK2 wheel and suit the era of the E36 very well. If you specify a deep lip configuration, I think it'd look 'more' awesome than the IND-T's. Looking through their forged wheels page, what does strike me is that the BUC's are a Style 32/Alpina style, the SCN is a Hartge style design, the SIX is a Rota Grid style, the PNT is a Zender style look, the FUC are Porsche/fuchs style, the BMI being a BMW M1 style and a few others with very similar looks to specific designs ! I do like some of them and for me on your E36 as I'm a little biased, i'd put the SCN wheels on!

I'd also suggest to get a good few clear pics of your car from different angles and have someone with good skill to photoshop the different wheel designs on so you can see better what the car would look like. The safe option where you know it'll look awesome is indeed with some of the tuner brand style designs and also '5 spoke' or 'mesh/cross spoke' or 'multispoke' designs. If you want to go 'quirky' then the car could end up looking fantastic or could look rubbish, bit of a risk when it's multiple thousands of dollars to buy the wheels!

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    1996 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisCooper View Post
    Hi ChinoBMW, Out of those two, I'd go with the KPS as they look like a BBS RK2 wheel and suit the era of the E36 very well. If you specify a deep lip configuration, I think it'd look 'more' awesome than the IND-T's. Looking through their forged wheels page, what does strike me is that the BUC's are a Style 32/Alpina style, the SCN is a Hartge style design, the SIX is a Rota Grid style, the PNT is a Zender style look, the FUC are Porsche/fuchs style, the BMI being a BMW M1 style and a few others with very similar looks to specific designs ! I do like some of them and for me on your E36 as I'm a little biased, i'd put the SCN wheels on! I'd also suggest to get a good few clear pics of your car from different angles and have someone with good skill to photoshop the different wheel designs on so you can see better what the car would look like. The safe option where you know it'll look awesome is indeed with some of the tuner brand style designs and also '5 spoke' or 'mesh/cross spoke' or 'multispoke' designs. If you want to go 'quirky' then the car could end up looking fantastic or could look rubbish, bit of a risk when it's multiple thousands of dollars to buy the wheels! Cheers, Dennis!
    muchisimas gracias, Dennis. Eres la mejor!