Thread: What have you done to your 1 or 2 Series today?

My Cars
    2013 BMW 1 Series

Question What have you done to your 1 or 2 Series today?

Figured I'd start a Thread to find out/share what you have done to your 1 Series or 2 Series today?
    Information like this can spur on others to do the same and help us know what works and possibly what is needed to accomplish these things. SO please share.

I'll start it off with today on my 2013 135i, I've installed BMW Floor Mats, and a Dash Mat. Nothing exciting so far but then I've only owned the car for two months now.

I plan to add a Bravsound upgrade Speaker System around late fall, but that will be installed by Bimmer Performance Center.

How about You?

My Cars
    '08 135is and '02 540
    The 1 series forum is pretty dead so I doubt you'll get many replies here. I'll join in though.

I upgraded to LCI tail lights yesterday.

Before

After

My Cars
    2013 BMW 1 Series
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Aus View Post
    The 1 series forum is pretty dead so I doubt you'll get many replies here. I'll join in though.

I upgraded to LCI tail lights yesterday.

Before

After
    Hi there and nice upgrade. I had similar lights on my Scion FRS and after seeing yours I might have to do that with my 135i. Was the installation difficult? Thanks for sharing. Yes this Forum is kind of slow.
    Last edited by subwayaz; 07-25-2016 at 09:54 AM.

My Cars
    DKG 135i + electric
    Installed my welded differential.

My Cars
    '08 135is and '02 540
    Quote Originally Posted by subwayaz View Post
    Hi there and nice upgrade. I had similar lights on my Scion FRS and after seeing yours I might have to do that with my 135i. Was the installation difficult? Thanks for sharing. Yes this Forum is kind of slow.
    This forum is fantastic for 3 and 5 series cars. I had an E34 and 2 E39s prior to buying my E82 and this forum was an amazing resource during my ownership of those cars. I still use the E46 section for help with my mum's 325. For anything 1 series related though, I just go to www.1addicts.com. It's a much more active forum than the 1 series forum here and everyone there is very helpful.

As for the LCI lights; it's a piece of piss. Easiest install ever. It took me about 15 minutes to do both sides. It's just a matter of pulling back the boot lining and undoing three nuts on each light. Then unclip the 2 wiring harnesses and pull the lights out of the car. Then just plug the new ones in, secure the nuts and you're good to go. I was actually able to do it without removing the boot lining. I just pulled it away from under the seal and stuck my hand underneath. There's less access but it saves having to remove the whole lining.

It's definitely a mod worth doing in my opinion because it makes the car look so much younger. Just make sure you buy lights that are compatible with your car. There are 2 versions of the LCI tails - one for cars with xenon headlights and one for cars without xenon. As I understand it, the LCI tails for non-xenon cars don't have the LED bars that light up. They're just pieces of plastic in the lights that imitate the look. If you buy the LCI tail lights for cars with xenon, I believe they will work with your car regardless of whether or not you have xenon headlights, whereas if you buy non-xenon LCI tails, they won't work with your car if it has xenon. Just make sure to do some research before you go out and buy them.

My Cars
    2015 M135i LCI
    washed mine with my new Karcher!! Lol!

2016 BMW M135i LCI (F20) = Current
    2016 Mercedes Benz GLA 200 AMG Line = Current