Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hellrot with a GTW3684R (6262) aka might as well make a build thread

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Running a staggered tire size on the M3 sucks. One of the best mods I've done to my car was going from staggered to 255's all around. It made it a much more balanced car in the corners.
    '97 M3, Estoril blue, 2 dr, euro 6-spd, EFR 9180 divided T4 .92 IWG, RK tuning, CP 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Schrick cams, L19 11 mm ARP studs, O-ringed block, Supertech stainless/inconel valves, Supertech springs & Ti retainers, ported head, S54 oil pump/pan, 80 lb. injectors, OBD1 intake manifold, Steedspeed twin scroll T4, 3.5" SS exhaust, eBoost2 EBC, HFS-4 W/M injection, AEM Failsafe, Zeitronix data logger, Racelogic TC, OpenOBC w. ethanol %, Ireland Eng. engine mounts, UUC black tranny mounts w. enforcers, UUC twin disc feramic, ARC-8's, MCS 2-ways, Z3 rack, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Eibach sway bars, Ground Control LCAB bushings, Bimmerworld RTAB's, Powerflex subframe bushings, 210 4-clutch LSD, Stoptech BBK, titainium shims, steel braided lines, brake cooling ducts.

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    Im prob gonna need to rethink my wheel choice. Ill figure it out. Maybe just get the sticky tires to put on the stockies.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by chikinhed View Post
    Running a staggered tire size on the M3 sucks. One of the best mods I've done to my car was going from staggered to 255's all around. It made it a much more balanced car in the corners.
    How about 275/40/17 rears with flares and 255/40/17 fronts?

My Cars
    M3
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    How about 275/40/17 rears with flares and 255/40/17 fronts?
    I'll take oversteer any day of the week, although with the added horsepower a fatter tire in the back might be worth it

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    got my turbo tapped for my waste gate

got my quickjacks so I can get the lift I need for my clutch and piping

also test fit the Ronal SX's...and found out they have a corvette centerbore. just one more thing to add to the list of things to fix

ordered some more silicone 90's since I think I'm going to just run 90's off the turbo and to the throttle body. Originally planned to run stainless 90's into hump connectors but think I will get tighter tolerances with the silicone 90's (maybe)
    Last edited by vr6dubny; 05-08-2017 at 08:32 PM.

My Cars
    98 328i, 79 911SC
    i really like those Ronals.
    (my boss recently bought a set for his 964 too.)
    always trying to make it lighter and faster

^^former build: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...-neglected-M3/
    current build: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...car-build.html
    instant grams: doktor_b

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    got the ronals sorted, center bore widened

started working on my piping. I ended up having a pipe that fit perfectly for the hot side after I shortened it a bit, cold side went fairly well, a couple cuts and it seems to be sorted as well. Need 2 pipes welded but not bad. Monday going to work on the exhaust side of things.

The silicone straight is just there for mock-up...joint will be welded.

My Cars
    turbo m3
    I like that 90 degree fitting. Where did you get it?
    This is my signature....

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3 View Post
    I like that 90 degree fitting. Where did you get it?
    I got it from Jeg's. 1/8" npt to 1/4" barb 90. Vibrant 11230

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    made a bit of progress but I think I may need to go back and redo the downpipe. I only have like 1/2" between the DP and the heat shield where the exhaust mounts to the tranny is. I think I may need to add a little pipe in the DP to lower it a bit. I do have some more aftermarket heat shield to go between the exhaust and the body. Maybe I can put some under the factory heat shield to provide enough shielding.

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    got a bit more done. not super happy with my muffler choice however it was free from a previous project so...I'll make it work. gotta do a little work on the exhaust tip...hopefully can make it fit like the last picture. Waiting on some flat bar to finish the mounts. Onto the wastegate tomorrow. I have to see if I want to recirculate or not.

Also anyone have a recommendation on whether I need a flex joint or not in my DP? I see some exhausts with...some without.

Last edited by vr6dubny; 05-21-2017 at 11:20 PM.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    No flex here.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    I have a flex on my WG pipe and none on my DP.
    '97 M3, Estoril blue, 2 dr, euro 6-spd, EFR 9180 divided T4 .92 IWG, RK tuning, CP 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Schrick cams, L19 11 mm ARP studs, O-ringed block, Supertech stainless/inconel valves, Supertech springs & Ti retainers, ported head, S54 oil pump/pan, 80 lb. injectors, OBD1 intake manifold, Steedspeed twin scroll T4, 3.5" SS exhaust, eBoost2 EBC, HFS-4 W/M injection, AEM Failsafe, Zeitronix data logger, Racelogic TC, OpenOBC w. ethanol %, Ireland Eng. engine mounts, UUC black tranny mounts w. enforcers, UUC twin disc feramic, ARC-8's, MCS 2-ways, Z3 rack, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Eibach sway bars, Ground Control LCAB bushings, Bimmerworld RTAB's, Powerflex subframe bushings, 210 4-clutch LSD, Stoptech BBK, titainium shims, steel braided lines, brake cooling ducts.

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    Thanks for the replies, i'll see how it goes, if I can fit 1 or not for the wastegate.

My Cars
    M3
    I think you should get a flex pipe although plenty people run without it. It's cheap insurance to the manifold.

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    were progressing

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    my to do list is as follows:

reinstalling the transmission/short shifter/driveshaft/new clutch slave/bleed
    final install on the turbo
    finish the coolant lines to/from turbo
    turbo oil/return line
    install exhaust
    double check all the nuts/bolts
    install intercooler piping
    install fuel pump
    install relay for electric fan
    run vacuum lines for wastegate/bov
    install catch can
    remove camber shims
    bleed brakes
    install oil
    install coil packs/button up engine bay
    install rally road gauge mount with boost/wideband gauge

get tires mounted, order intake elbow, new m front spoiler, diff mounts, shorter wheel studs

powder coat cold side after leak test

every time I think the list gets shorter...it gets longer.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by vr6dubny View Post
    every time I think the list gets shorter...it gets longer.
    This is a never ending problem.

My Cars
    97' m52 turbo
    Awesome so far, car looks super clean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

My Cars
    s50 + snail
    Good Luck with this build. Joey F took great care of the car for the short time he owned it prior to your purchase.

Thumbs up for sure. Keep us posted!
    If looks could kill:

Present- 88' OBDII S54 powered E30 ///M3 ~ Avus 95 OBD1 M3~ AW/Blk E60 550i~AW/Blk 15' F15 X5 3.5Msport~91' Formula Red NSX

Memories- B16 EG, S52 OBD1 E30 M3, Avus E36 M3 single snailed, 2002 AW/Blk E46 M3 SMG, 2003.5 AW/Blk E46 M3 6MT, N54 Montego 335i Sedan

...on the P-Car hunt for a Guards Red or CW 997.2 GT3 or GT2

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    Quote Originally Posted by 1m32nv View Post
    Good Luck with this build. Joey F took great care of the car for the short time he owned it prior to your purchase.

Thumbs up for sure. Keep us posted!
    I'm trying to keep it clean on the outside just with some extra power, not take away from how nice it is to begin with, do everything right the first time. JF def always has great cars.

i've done a bunch of maintenance that was needed on a 95. Window seals, rain gutter trim, emblems, etc..

I just can't wait to get it back on the road, I only drove it for a month before i tore the top end apart.

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    so update: i got everything mounted up. reclocked the turbo for the 5th time I think. had to redo my wastegate pipe 2 more times to get it exactly where I wanted it. today I did my diff bushings, tapped my oil pan for my turbo drain (1/2npt to -10 at the drain plug) and did a final install on all my coolant/oil lines. I also got my wheels and tires installed a couple weeks ago. Had to add a set of camber plate up front to fit the fronts the way I wanted. What is surprising is that everyone was concerned about the rears earlier in this post. It was actually the fronts that were the tougher fit. I went with a set of the federal rs-r (single r) due to price, stickiness, and supposedly they are quieter than the new RR (double R). I however wish I had gone 255/35/18 rather than the 245/35/18's in the rear. I figure i'll need a new set by the end of summer at which point I'll go larger, maybe even 265's.

I also decided to forego the megasquirt. I REALLY wanted to go with it, but I also REALLY want to drive my car. By the time it comes in the mail, get it installed, and then get the tune sorted I figure my short window of enjoying a RWD car in Syracuse, NY will be over. So, I have a RK tune coming in the mail this week. Car should be on the road by friday. Due to switching to the RK tune I had to rework my cold side pipe moving my BOV closer to the intercooler and making a clear path before where the MAF will go.

my to finish list is much smaller now
    weld on MAF flange
    tighten final 4 nuts on turbo manifold (need a crows foot maybe) in my arsenal of tools...which is fairly decent I don't have the correct one for the job
    do final install on boost pipes, clamps
    run vacuum line for the wastegate/bov/boost controller
    install boost guage/wideband
    install injectors
    install chip
    fill oil
    fill coolant
    reinstall bumper/new front spoiler

clean this thing...dirty as can be

please go easy on my welding ability...I've only been tig welding since May 17th and the flange and piping below were done on June 11th.

Lastly I'd like to make sure to thank Butters for all the assistance in the last year on getting this thing to completion (or almost) He has been an invaluable source of information and guidance. Especially since I'm sure most of the questions were just stupid...I know they say no question is stupid...but looking back...I can honestly say a lot of mine were. ha

Last edited by vr6dubny; 07-10-2017 at 01:05 AM.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Looks great, honored to be a part in helping .
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    What are safe afr's under boost?

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    I was wondering why you put the BOV so high on the intake piping, but if I read correctly, you're running the MS PNP now with a 3 bar map sensor and not the RK tunes MAF?

Also, how do you like that quickjack? I think I have to have one....
    1997 Arctic Silver/Black M3
    CES Stage IV (651rwhp/615rwtq @ 24 psi)

1999 Techno Violet/Dove M3
    Auto/Convertible and staying stock!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast