Thread: Hellrot with a GTW3684R (6262) aka might as well make a build thread

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    BMW parking job XD

My Cars
    98 328i, 79 911SC
    Quote Originally Posted by rajicase View Post
    BMW parking job XD
    notice that the monster truck next to him is over the line as well. probably safer than skipping that spot and then some dickhead tries to squeeze in between and door dings everyone.
    always trying to make it lighter and faster

^^former build: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...-neglected-M3/
    current build: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...car-build.html
    instant grams: doktor_b

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    The parking lot is at my work and gated. No one is between the lines. Whoever lined it designed it for micro cars. There are more parking spots than needed and a trailer with all the collapse rescue stuff in it, and then wood stacked along side the trailer. Note that 9 out of 10 firemen drive suv's or pickup trucks.

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    Does anyone have knowledge about manual boost controllers? I am running a hallman rx pro. Is there a point you have to tighten the controller in to, to start seeing an affect? I have tightened it up a few turns with no affect on my pressure. I just don't want to go too far in 1 turn and see 18+ psi.

My Cars
    98 328i, 79 911SC
    I had a Forge MBC years ago (I actually have it in a drawer now) that worked in a very linear way. Every click, or two, was one PSI.
    Have you verified it's hooked up correctly?

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    It was installed correctly. I just had to crank it down more. She has power now.

My Cars
    98 328i, 79 911SC
    Excellent

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    So car popped a light yesterday that went out and was running oddly. Car ran fine but at part throttle trying to maintain speed at lower rpm's car would lean way out and hiccup. Got home and code was for 02 sensor/maf (which I guess is a limit reached code either upper or lower) and the second code was for cam position sensor.

Got home from work today, looked over engine and drove it...was 100%. Then drove it again and was doing same thing as last night. I spoke to a couple people earlier today both stated to replace CPS. I am gonna do both the cps and the o2 sensor, my mileage also seems a bit low. May be due to base tune, not quite sure what mileage should actually be. I reset the trip to see what I'm really getting next fill up.

I knew the turbo would bring out everything that is on its way out. Hoping this is the last piece for a bit. Also going to do plugs again just in case.

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    Anyone have any ideas as to where to look next?

Problem at part/low throttle afr goes lean. Car runs like crap. Like from the normal 13.8-14.9 to upper 15's-18. Idle is between 13.8-14.9. Was told fluctuation is due to the aeromotive supplying a lot of pressure at idle.

So far I have replaced:
    cam position sensor
    o2 sensor
    plugs
    fuel filter
    tightened clamps on icv
    checked vacuum lines

going to recheck all my silicone couplings for boost piping tomorrow. Any other ideas?

i'm running an aeromotive 340 should be plenty of pressure but could be a fueling issue, would make sense I guess.

Not really sure how to go about checking fuel pressure at part throttle.

could ICV be affecting part throttle?

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    So a year later I figured maybe its time to update this thread.

Car sat for the fall, then on January 2nd I pulled it out of the garage to work on my snowmobile, proceeded to break my arm on the 3rd and then went to pull the car back in the garage on the 5th. Nothing, car would not turn over, no fuel pressure but had all gauges etc. I did a quick trouble shoot but nothing...so there it sat until spring.

Spring came and I replaced a few things that I thought it could be ews ring, ignition switch, a couple relays. Finally I ordered a used EWS transmitter from ebay and it turned out to be a 2 minute fix. So car started but still ran like crap.

I finally decided I was over it, and got in touch with a couple people to see if they wanted to take a look at it. So off to New Hampshire it went, to the one and only Butters. He worked his magic and figured it out.

What both of us thought to be a simple fix actually was a very lengthy process of trouble shooting. Car was 1 tooth off on the intake cam, had a jammed vanos...however these 2 things were not the major issue with the car. Somewhere along the lines a relay was moved or came loose and was grounding out and causing the charging system to only charge at 12.1volts. Along these same lines there was some wiring issues that were back feeding the 5v system so the maf was never giving the correct info to the DME.

Along the way I also had a bad wideband sensor and a brand new AEM boost gauge that did not read correctly once installed. As well as a faulty coolant temp sensor that caused a week of troubleshooting for something that was totally unrelated.

This all makes perfect sense now as to why the car would run with the maf disconnected but die out when the maf was plugged in.

Either way Butters did me right and the car runs fantastic now with a Nick G tune in it. He also installed a water/meth kit while he was at it and did a fantastic job with fabbing a tank/pump mount.

I drove the car from NH to Syracuse NY with a trip to the coast in between without a hiccup, stressful but amazing drive. I think it may have actually been more stressful for Butters than myself but car ran flawless.

Then when I got the car home I updated the meth controller to the gauge style snow controller. It is super easy to set up and I like being able to see when it is flowing.

I also installed an eboost street to eliminate the mbc from the system and get the quick adjustability.

As of right now I think the car is pretty much complete, I'd like to put some 255's on my ronals and I have a rieger front spoiler to install. I am also going to recirculate the waste gate this winter. I mean its cool to sound like the gates to hell are opening below your car but it may also be nice to be a little incognito.

I do have a few random parts to update at some point. I need a new driver door seal, some new trim around the front and rear windows, just some little freshening up. As well as a new filter as the 1 on there is too small and looks like crap.

I'd also like to do a deep cleaning on my interior but cleaning the alcantara scares me a little bit, last thing I need to do is mess up my seats.

Lastly car needs a little paint work on the mirrors and maybe the rear bumper and whole car needs a buff.

Last edited by vr6dubny; 10-15-2018 at 04:22 PM.

My Cars
    BMW E36 328i Turbo
    Awesome build! How early does the spool come on with that .82 housing? And Gongrats to get finally running car that can be used as DD

My Cars
    328is GT35R
    Good stuff! Glad you left an update. So many threads on here just end on cliffhangers lol

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    I feel like turbo is coming on in full by 3200-3400. I am def happy to have a dailyable turbo car. Next summer should be fun, suppose to snow here sunday.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Glad to see it all worked out. Told you the guy is a wizard! I still want that interior though. Lol

PTE6262 .63 A/R, Stock S52, Cutring/Copper Spacer/Arp Studs Combo, Water Methanol Injected
    10.9@131mph. #AngerMotorsports

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    I believed you, he did work wonders. Interested to see your new setup.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by vr6dubny View Post
    I believed you, he did work wonders. Interested to see your new setup.
    Should be good. I'll probably make a new thread for it at some point. Next season is going to be very interesting. Lol

PTE6262 .63 A/R, Stock S52, Cutring/Copper Spacer/Arp Studs Combo, Water Methanol Injected
    10.9@131mph. #AngerMotorsports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234