Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: My ///M5 On a Little Road Trip Across America

AquilaBMW is offline Mad Bimmerist BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Quick update.... The Phoenix has landed Maryland!!!!

My Cars
    '01 DINAN7 '03 M5
    Half way across the country, gr8 man,
    i bet you're a but hurt now lol
    Instagram.com/nordmanmg

Your current situation is not your final destination

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    Half way... That's all the way!

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Quote Originally Posted by NordmanMg View Post
    Half way across the country, gr8 man,
    i bet you're a but hurt now lol
    LOL! The M5 seats are suprisingly comfortale

Quote Originally Posted by RVAE34 View Post
    Half way... That's all the way!
    LOL! I think he meant 1/2 way through my trip Let me know what time we are on for so I can plan my departure time out of MD. Will we have enough "lift" before the car show?

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    Will do. Meet lasts til 8 and it's already scorching hot out. I still haven't filled the A/C in the wagon.. The meet is kind of small so even if we don't make it, we can hang here. Clay will bring the 850hp beast to be weighed. Jack might bring the 930hp E36.

Talked to anyone in MD? Lots of cool people/cars up in the NOVA area.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Where next after VA??

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Will do. Meet lasts til 8 and it's already scorching hot out. I still haven't filled the A/C in the wagon.. The meet is kind of small so even if we don't make it, we can hang here. Clay will bring the 850hp beast to be weighed. Jack might bring the 930hp E36.

Talked to anyone in MD? Lots of cool people/cars up in the NOVA area.
    Sounds good. I don't know people around here unfortunately, so other than my brother who is not a car guy, haven't had a chance to talk with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by auaq View Post
    Where next after VA??
    After VA, it will be a quick day trip to NYC and back, then I Start heading south again, Charlotte, South Carolinas, making my way to next main stop which is Atlanta. Are you on the way being in Raleigh?

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Well, most of us are here in Raleigh. Me, Redshift, CSBM5, Paul (blackknight530i) will usually come to Raleigh and stay at Redshift's place. Charlotte is about 2.5 hrs away from Raleigh. Then there's Reefin Dude, MrTreeThyme, Daytripping, and a whole lot others that frequent this forum especially both in the E39 and the Touring section.

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Well, most of us are here in Raleigh. Me, Redshift, CSBM5, Paul (blackknight530i) will usually come to Raleigh and stay at Redshift's place. Charlotte is about 2.5 hrs away from Raleigh. Then there's Reefin Dude, MrTreeThyme, Daytripping, and a whole lot others that frequent this forum especially both in the E39 and the Touring section.
    Why don't you set up a meet for say Wednesday? I'll be stopping in Charlotte to see my cousin or she will me murder me if she hears I drove through without stopping. I'd say something on Wednesday or Thursday would work if you guys are up for it. I would love to compare S62 notes with yáll

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Is it possible to make it during the weekend? Maybe between Fri to Sun?

- - - Updated - - -

Paul (blackknight530i) is in Charlotte by the way, so you can try to get in touch with him if you like.

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Is it possible to make it during the weekend? Maybe between Fri to Sun?

- - - Updated - -
    Paul (blackknight530i) is in Charlotte by the way, so you can try to get in touch with him if you like.
    I unfortunately can't do the weekend as I will be in Atlanta area by then, also that would potentially set me back a week on my travel schedule. I can meet up with you after work during the week if that works for you. I will be leaving MD no later than Tuesday and be in Charlotte by that evening at the latest. So, gives me a day or two in that area.... including Raliegh. By Friday, I will be in Atlanta area.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    What time on Wednesday and Thursday? I work from 1-8pm but I sometimes come home late like 9-10pm.

My Cars
    2003 530iA (SOLD)
    We better see some more pics posted up! Cmon, it's only a couple seconds with your phone. =)
    2003 DINAN 5 | M54B30 | Titanium Gray Metallic | Stage 3 Engine Software | High Flow Throttle Body | Cold Air Intake | Free Flow Exhaust | Performance Automatic Transmission Software | Front Strut Brace | OE 18x9 BBS RS745 Style 42 on 265/35-18 MY BUILD THREAD: [Click]

My Cars
    '01 DINAN7 '03 M5
    Yes, I mean half way of your trip lol
    Instagram.com/nordmanmg

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    I'm free from morning to noon during weekdays by the way.

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryana View Post
    We better see some more pics posted up! Cmon, it's only a couple seconds with your phone. =)
    Wish it was that easy man. I have to first upload the pictures to a host site then post them.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm free from morning to noon during weekdays by the way.
    I might be able to do that..... meet in the morning before you go to work.

Quote Originally Posted by NordmanMg View Post
    Yes, I mean half way of your trip lol
    Thanks buddy!

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Here is sketchy plan. I am in MD at the moment. Wasn't able to meet with RVAE34 yesterday due to family committment. I will be leaving MD tomorrow (Tuesday), not sure what time. I am hoping to get to see / hang out a bit with RVAE34 then make my way south to Charlotte, NC. I will be in Charlotte till Thurday AM during which time I hope to meet with Sir Auaq. After that, I am hoping to land in ATL by Friday sometime and meet the fellas over there and do a Saturday thing with them. Then leave ATL Sunday with a drive through Deal's Gap.

If anyone can fit a meet time in there somehow, let's do it.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Ah, I reside in Raleigh. You need to come down here. I only know of blackknight530i who resides in Charlotte. Raleigh is about 2.5 hrs or less east of Charlotte.

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Ah, I reside in Raleigh. You need to come down here. I only know of blackknight530i who resides in Charlotte. Raleigh is about 2.5 hrs or less east of Charlotte.
    Auaq - I'll be happy to pass through Raleigh buddy . We can probably meet up Thursday morning. Haven't seen Blackknight post yet, so he may be tied up but I will try to reach out. Just make sure you have a cold drink ready for me when I get here - IT'S HOT OUT HERE!!!!!

Aryana - A few more pics from the trip, just for you I know you'll love the NYC picture.... LOL!

This was literally the Northern Light. That was me trying to capture the moon over Salt Lake City area. It was so bright and amazing. Like someone was holding a huge flash light from the heavens or something.

This is a plant as you come into Salt Lake from the West. Behind the car is the Great Salt Lake itself.

Great Salt Lake behind the car....

This was my cheeky shot at Hill AFB, UT

Another one beneath an F-4 Phanthom...

On my way up to Yellowstone I came across a motel with this in the back - just thought it was cool....

At home on the range. The car in Yellowstone Park. The camera cannot capture what the eye actually sees.... it's pretty darn amazing!

For some reason, I was uBer excited about this....

This is after I got lost in Wyoming. I was finally making my way down to Buffalo, WY to get on the I-90 East. I tell what though, it was an amazing drive. I got up to 9700 Feet going through here...

After WY, and Buffalo, I finanlly made it into South Dakota and of course I first had to go say hi to the Devil at his tower... LOL!

After that, I stopped in Sturgis for a moment to staisfy the Biker in me that I had visited the Holy Mecca of bikers

Then I went to say hi to a few past Presidents and one Crazy Native American......well, at least his Horse was I'd assume.

After that, I made it down to Michigan and went around Motor City for a bit, for some reason I ended up where the art Galleries and such were located. Take an SUV or an assault vehicle if you go - the roads are terrible.

I did stop by the Henry Ford Museum but missed the bloody tour. I did cause a bit of commotion though

After all that, through Ohio, Delaware, Philadelphia, New Jersey, and a few other states..... I finally made it to New York! Damn tolls cost me more than gas though!

I was finally on the other coast of the United States of America. Now to see about making it home. This was a nice welcome to NYC at 8 Av & W. 12th Str.

- - - Updated - - -

Auaq - I'll be happy to pass through Raleigh buddy . We can probably meet up Thursday morning. Haven't seen Blackknight post yet, so he may be tied up but I will try to reach out. Just make sure you have a cold drink ready for me when I get here - IT'S HOT OUT HERE!!!!!

Aryana - A few more pics from the trip, just for you I know you'll love the NYC picture.... LOL!

This was literally the Northern Light. That was me trying to capture the moon over Salt Lake City area. It was so bright and amazing. Like someone was holding a huge flash light from the heavens or something.

This is a plant as you come into Salt Lake from the West. Behind the car is the Great Salt Lake itself.

Great Salt Lake behind the car....

This was my cheeky shot at Hill AFB, UT

Another one beneath an F-4 Phanthom...

On my way up to Yellowstone I came across a motel with this in the back - just thought it was cool....

At home on the range. The car in Yellowstone Park. The camera cannot capture what the eye actually sees.... it's pretty darn amazing!

For some reason, I was uBer excited about this....

This is after I got lost in Wyoming. I was finally making my way down to Buffalo, WY to get on the I-90 East. I tell what though, it was an amazing drive. I got up to 9700 Feet going through here...

After WY, and Buffalo, I finanlly made it into South Dakota and of course I first had to go say hi to the Devil at his tower... LOL!

After that, I stopped in Sturgis for a moment to staisfy the Biker in me that I had visited the Holy Mecca of bikers

Then I went to say hi to a few past Presidents and one Crazy Native American......well, at least his Horse was I'd assume.

After that, I made it down to Michigan and went around Motor City for a bit, for some reason I ended up where the art Galleries and such were located. Take an SUV or an assault vehicle if you go - the roads are terrible.

I did stop by the Henry Ford Museum but missed the bloody tour. I did cause a bit of commotion though

After all that, through Ohio, Delaware, Philadelphia, New Jersey, and a few other states..... I finally made it to New York! Damn tolls cost me more than gas though!

I was finally on the other coast of the United States of America. Now to see about making it home. This was a nice welcome to NYC at 8 Av & W. 12th Str.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    That i8 needs some stickers as well.

My Cars
    2003 530iA (SOLD)
    So awesome M. I love all the pictures, my favorite is actually the one at Devil's Tower. Stay safe!!
    2003 DINAN 5 | M54B30 | Titanium Gray Metallic | Stage 3 Engine Software | High Flow Throttle Body | Cold Air Intake | Free Flow Exhaust | Performance Automatic Transmission Software | Front Strut Brace | OE 18x9 BBS RS745 Style 42 on 265/35-18 MY BUILD THREAD: [Click]

My Cars
    '02 540iT; '12 535xi;
    I say post a note in the E39 Forum and the Touring sub-forum if you want to do a lunchtime meetup of the Raleigh-Durham crowd (Thursday???) - give a proper "Fly-By" of the area! Maybe somewhere central with an open parking lot for the cars - like Capital City Chophouse (airport) or something? Just an idea...I'm not sure of anyone else's availability since this is kind of a timing thing, but from the sounds of it, Mid-day Thursday may be the time...and I'd be glad to come out and wave ... any other thoughts?
    Jerry Daily Driver: 2002 (e39) 540i Touring; Weekenders: 2014 Mustang GT/CS; Harley Dyna Wide Glide.
    Prior: 2012 (f10) 535i x-drive; 2006 (e60) 530xi 6mt; 1999 (e39) 528i 5mt; 1998 (e39) 528i 5mt.

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    He is currently on his way to RVA. We will go have a beer at Cap Ale house and then swing by my dad's so he can see the NSX and Z collection. Then we will head back to my place so he can go for a ride in the wagon.

My Cars
    '01 DINAN7 '03 M5
    He is currently on his way to RVA. We will go have a beer at Cap Ale house and then swing by my dad's so he can see the NSX and Z collection. Then we will head back to my place so he can go for a ride in the wagon.
    Pics pics pics pics pics, I can go this all day lol
    Instagram.com/nordmanmg

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    So great to meet Michael!! I was able to track him pulling in on the followme link and got a pic from my office. We went to the local watering hole downtown for a few brews then went out to my dad's house. He got to see my dad's Z collection and NSX. I picked up the old John Deere Gator my dad gave me and headed to the house. We then went for a ride in the wagon and AMG.

I had noticed his rear tires were rubbing pretty bad and saw the lips were pulled out so I offered to help him roll the fenders here as well. He did a good job. Look at those guns.

Again, great meeting you and have a safe trip down to Charlotte. I hope you get to hang out with Brian, Asim, Trevor and Paul. Definitely some of the greatest forum members I have had the pleasure of meeting so far.

Last edited by RVAE34; 07-26-2016 at 06:21 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast