Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: My ///M5 On a Little Road Trip Across America

My Cars
    1991 320i M-Tech II
    Just read through everything. Had a bit of a laugh about you saying California is not that hot... We're a big state, my friend! Here in my neck of the woods it has been constantly 100+ everyday of summer, usually 110+ and we had a few days of it being 120. Not that I'm complaining!

I'm not a very active poster on this forum, but let me know when you'll be going through L.A, I'd love to see that M5 in person and meet up!
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7l...rJvxZHr_00nuhA

Current cars: 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300E, 1991 BMW 320i M-Tech II, 1991 Mitsubish Galant AMG Type II, 1992 Nissan Figaro, 1993 Toyota Chaser Tourer V

My Cars
    '01 740i Sp, '07 335i
    Looks like someone went to Cars and Coffee at Classic BMW....
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/krallopian/darthSigTest2_zpsn6zkw5id.jpg[/URL][URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/DFW7-Dallas-Fort-Worth-BMW-7-Series-Club/300942239566"]DFW7 on Facebook/URL]
    "The Last Great e38" 2001 i Sport - Born'd on date 1/01 Cosmos/Grey - 32.8K miles - 2 1/2 " Custom Exhaust, Center “X”over , Modified OEM rear bumper, M5 style trunk spoiler, M6 OEM wheels, M3 Steering wheel with working paddle shift & CF trim, Bi-Xenon upgrade, 13mm Rear sway bar added, SS brake lines and bronze bushings, Cross drilled rotors and painted calipers, Akebono pads, Zionsville aluminum radiator & exp. tank with electric fan, Sprint Booster, BluTooth conversion, MKIV Nav., Custom wood cupholder, DUDMD Tune, Orien V2.5 LED Angel Eyes, Evans waterless. Recently added grey faced //M5 Cluster - all gauges functioning. Changed the grey carpet to black and topped off with GG Bailey front/rear mats[/SIZE]

AquilaBMW is offline Mad Bimmerist BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Quote Originally Posted by NordmanMg View Post
    Damn, Michael, your in Austin already
    Hi Max - I've been tearing it up. Sorry I haven't been able to update in the last couple of days. I've been in Dallas with friends and having full days of activities. I head for NM today - Look out Jim!!!

Quote Originally Posted by E34 5er View Post
    Just read through everything. Had a bit of a laugh about you saying California is not that hot... We're a big state, my friend! Here in my neck of the woods it has been constantly 100+ everyday of summer, usually 110+ and we had a few days of it being 120. Not that I'm complaining!

I'm not a very active poster on this forum, but let me know when you'll be going through L.A, I'd love to see that M5 in person and meet up!
    Hi - I should be in Los Angeles by Tuesday. M5Jed was proposing a meet / reception of some sort, so hopefully he will have something arranged by the time I get there. Otherwise, just PM me and I'll update on where I am - I will be stopping in LA for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TxDarth View Post
    Looks like someone went to Cars and Coffee at Classic BMW....
    HAH! How did you know man??? I was there indeed. I stayed the extra day to attend as I was invited out there. I am really sorry I could not make it to Tyler by the way. Next time I do this, I will allot more time and plan better as far as routing.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    '01 DINAN7 '03 M5

Instagram.com/nordmanmg

Your current situation is not your final destination

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    HAH! Nice pictures Max! It was really good to meet you man, you are uBer cool. Hope the move works out great for you

My Cars
    '01 DINAN7 '03 M5
    Thanks Michael, it was pleasure meeting you, nice car you drive, and it sounds amazing too.
    Instagram.com/nordmanmg

Your current situation is not your final destination

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Hi Folks.... So I guess last time I did much of an update was out of TN when I did the tail of the dragon. Poo! I am so sorry, it's a little difficult to get time to sit down and download pics and all that, I also get sketchy wifi along the way. Then of course, there is all the fun being had when I make my stops.

There is still so much to share as far as my adventures and sometimes mis-adventures! LOL! I had a blast in Texas. Sincere apologies to TXDarth as I would have loved to make it to Tyler. Maybe on the next trip. Texas is that big that having only two days is simply not enough. I sadly also didn't get a chance to go to El Paso. That would have been a 10+ hour detour for me as far as my travel route on this trip... sorry to the folks out there.

I am now in NM as we all probably already know and I am looking forward to meet Jim (who is probably wondering why I haven't called yet since I am on here typing).... LOL!

Anyway.... just wanted to share a few more travel pictures with everyone..... stories will follow:

My Cars
    toooo many
    Quote Originally Posted by AquilaBMW View Post
    Hi - I should be in Los Angeles by Tuesday. M5Jed was proposing a meet / reception of some sort, so hopefully he will have something arranged by the time I get there. Otherwise, just PM me and I'll update on where I am - I will be stopping in LA for sure.
    Keep me posted on this, I'll be driving thru LA tomorrow around 12-1.

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Quote Originally Posted by .Tom. View Post
    Keep me posted on this, I'll be driving thru LA tomorrow around 12-1.
    Crumbs! LA has been pushed to Wednesday

My Cars
    toooo many
    Crumbs! LA has been pushed to Wednesday
    Bummer, catch ya another time

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    So.... the day is Tuesday, August 9th and the time is about... umm..... 7 AM? Dang It! I am still on East Coast time. Sorry to everyone that got an uber early message from me.

I plan on leaving Flagstaff in the next couple of hours and heading up to Grand Canyon. From there, I will head to Las Vegas with a plan to pass by Hoover Dam. I will stay the night in Las Vegas..... then if I am adventurous enough and not toooooo tired, then I will leave Las Vegas for Death Valley - I have always wanted to do that. From Death Valley, I will head to Los Angeles where I plan to stay one or two nights. Unfortunately, I believe my buddy is out of town so I won't get to crash on his sofa and eat home cooked food....bummed!

I will stay in Santa Monica Area whlie in LA. So.... if any LA peeps would like to meet, you know my rough plans. Just PM or email and we can trade numbers.

Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by .Tom. View Post
    Bummer, catch ya another time
    Bummer.... another time.

My Cars
    01 Dinan 740iS, 97 318ti
    Well, if you're on east coast time, you're running late. It's already after 1000 EDT.

Drive safe and now that you are on week 3 of this journey, you're almost home. Enjoy!
    '01 740i Sport MKIV, Quad Brake Lights, OEM Bi-Xenon retrofit, LED Angel Eyes, HID Fogs, LED Plate Lights, Dinan 7 certification, BM53 radio, OEM Sirius, Aux Input, TCU Bluetooth, Intravee II, iPod, Strong Strut, Dinan Struts, Springs, Camber Plates, Intake, MAF, CAI, Exhaust and Throttle Body

'99 318ti Titanium Silver '97 318ti Boston Green; '96 318ti Alaska Blue (sold); '08 X5 4.8i Titanium Silver (sold); '13 X5 3.5i Black Sapphire Metallic (sold)
    '84 633csi Black (sold); '88 325iC Black (sold); '97 740iL Black(sold); '01 740iS Black(sold); '97 318ti Alpine White (sold)

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    After approximately 6.3K miles and 3 weeks and 4 days, and crossing 24 states - I have gone from the West Coast to the East coast and back. I am home! HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who supported, encouraged and helped make this one heck of a journey. I am tired, but thrilled and happy. I have many stories to tell and catch up on. To all those I got a chance to meet and all who have played Co-Pilot during this trip - I cannot thank you enough. As I said elsewhere, I may be out of commission for a couple of days, but I will be back with the stories and of course pictures.

THANK YOU ALL!!!! This list of thanks is a mile long, but it will be coming

My Cars
    2003 530iA (SOLD)
    Nice job on an epic trip!
    2003 DINAN 5 | M54B30 | Titanium Gray Metallic | Stage 3 Engine Software | High Flow Throttle Body | Cold Air Intake | Free Flow Exhaust | Performance Automatic Transmission Software | Front Strut Brace | OE 18x9 BBS RS745 Style 42 on 265/35-18 MY BUILD THREAD: [Click]

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryana View Post
    Nice job on an epic trip!
    Thanks Buddy! Baby got you on her time schedule huh?

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    Welcome home, Michael! Glad you made it back safely and had an epic time!

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Quote Originally Posted by RVAE34 View Post
    Welcome home, Michael! Glad you made it back safely and had an epic time!
    Thanks Brandon! It is still sinking in. Thanks for inviting me over and hanging out.... experiences like that made this trip all the more special!

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Thanks Brandon! It is still sinking in. Thanks for inviting me over and hanging out.... experiences like that made this trip all the more special!
    More pictures and stories
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    More pictures and stories
    Oh... they are coming. Wait till I tell you guys about the FollowMee incident in Utah!

My Cars
    01 Dinan 740iS, 97 318ti
    Congrats on such a successful trip and safe return. Maybe a vacation from the "vacation" is now in order.
    '01 740i Sport MKIV, Quad Brake Lights, OEM Bi-Xenon retrofit, LED Angel Eyes, HID Fogs, LED Plate Lights, Dinan 7 certification, BM53 radio, OEM Sirius, Aux Input, TCU Bluetooth, Intravee II, iPod, Strong Strut, Dinan Struts, Springs, Camber Plates, Intake, MAF, CAI, Exhaust and Throttle Body

'99 318ti Titanium Silver '97 318ti Boston Green; '96 318ti Alaska Blue (sold); '08 X5 4.8i Titanium Silver (sold); '13 X5 3.5i Black Sapphire Metallic (sold)
    '84 633csi Black (sold); '88 325iC Black (sold); '97 740iL Black(sold); '01 740iS Black(sold); '97 318ti Alpine White (sold)

My Cars
    2008 E90 335i
    Sigh
    E90 335i
    On3 Performance top mount single turbo kit, Precision 6466 Turbo, ECS Tuning charge pipe, 7in FMIC, JB4 w/ MHD backend flash, Stage 3 fuel pump, Port injection, E85, some wheels that came w the car but are thick

E39 540i (SOLD)
    6 spd swap, "Almost Nardo" Vinyl Wrap, JB Racing LTW flywheel, M5 clutch & control, BC
    Racing
    coilovers, cat back straight pipe, E60 SSK, ZHP shift knob, hard wired aux, Style 32 17", BFG G-force Sport Comp-2 tires, shadow-line trim, reenforced differential bushing, ATE Type 200, Hawk HP Plus pads, intake res delete, 10W40 M1, trans fill 50/50 Redline MT-90 & 75w90NS, solid shifter carrier bushing, pixel fix, red needles

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Hey Fellas - I have had my two day vacation from the vacation! LOL! Meh... not really. It's just been hectic and busy getting back into the swing of things and catching up. I am still working on uploading more and more pictures and I will be updating the threads and blogs with more stories.

As you Bimmerheads and Bimmernuts know, it is the 100th Year Anniversary of BMW, so I am being pulled in many directions to attend at something or the other and share my story. Not sure how that will pan out yet.

So...... I met a ton of people in various parts of the country, through different states. Now it is time to hang out with my local peeps here in No. Cal. I was hanging out at Peter Pan BMW yesterday and we decided to have a Cars & Coffee / Welcome Home Get Together for lil ole me. This will be held on August 27th, starting at 8 AM. My lil ole trooper of an M5 will also be on display. Oh.... and There will actually BE coffee and snacks available.

Even if you are attending Oktoberfest, Monterrey is only a couple of hours away and if there is a large enough group that wants to go down to Monterrey, I'd be happy to make the drive with y'all (Still a lil Southern left in me)... LOL! Hope to see y'all out there.

The details:

Welcome Home Celebration / First Ever Car & Coffee At Peter Pan BMW

September 3rd, 2016. Starts at 08:00 - 11:00

1625 Adrian Rd, Burlingame, CA 94010 (Near San Francisco Int. Airport, right off the 101 FWY)

Peter Pan will have actual Coffee and some snacks available. There will also be discounts made available exclusive to the event and some dealer specials.

The Roving Red M5 that went on a 3 Week, 4 Days, 15 Hours and 7 minute trip through 26 States will be on display that day.

Come hang out, share stories or listen as I talk all day long about my adventure... LOL! Just come out and hang out. Depending on what time we wrap up, we can all make a drive out to Monterrey for Oktoberfest too.

Last edited by AquilaBMW; 08-18-2016 at 01:44 PM.

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Quote Originally Posted by ribetha View Post
    In for some epic pictures! I'll try to stay updated on your progress to see if you get close to the Philly area at all.
    Huh ????

My Cars
    '01 740i Sp, '07 335i
    And it is not even legal in Philly either...............
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/krallopian/darthSigTest2_zpsn6zkw5id.jpg[/URL][URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/DFW7-Dallas-Fort-Worth-BMW-7-Series-Club/300942239566"]DFW7 on Facebook/URL]
    "The Last Great e38" 2001 i Sport - Born'd on date 1/01 Cosmos/Grey - 32.8K miles - 2 1/2 " Custom Exhaust, Center “X”over , Modified OEM rear bumper, M5 style trunk spoiler, M6 OEM wheels, M3 Steering wheel with working paddle shift & CF trim, Bi-Xenon upgrade, 13mm Rear sway bar added, SS brake lines and bronze bushings, Cross drilled rotors and painted calipers, Akebono pads, Zionsville aluminum radiator & exp. tank with electric fan, Sprint Booster, BluTooth conversion, MKIV Nav., Custom wood cupholder, DUDMD Tune, Orien V2.5 LED Angel Eyes, Evans waterless. Recently added grey faced //M5 Cluster - all gauges functioning. Changed the grey carpet to black and topped off with GG Bailey front/rear mats[/SIZE]

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast