Thread: Air tools?

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Sedan

Air tools?

Hey guys, I own an e36 and Im a broke 18 year old so diy upgrades and maintenance are expected to come in the future Anywho, I already own a good toolset but some people have suggested air tools as an alternative... My question: Are air tools worth it to get, and what brands did you guys end up getting? How much should I be looking to spend on a set? I really have no knowledge of them, so anything helps! Also i have two friends who i work on my car with that are all willing to put money into a good investment, so wed probably split the cost on a nice set of tools if we found some!
    Last edited by tooshfty; 07-05-2016 at 09:59 PM.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by tooshfty View Post
    Hey guys, I own an e36 and Im a broke 18 year old so diy upgrades and maintenance are expected to come in the future Anywho, I already own a good toolset but some people have suggested air tools as an alternative... My question: Are air tools worth it to get, and what brands did you guys end up getting? How much should I be looking to spend on a set? I really have no knowledge of them, so anything helps! Also i have two friends who i work on my car with that are all willing to put money into a good investment, so wed probably split the cost on a nice set of tools if we found some!
    I prefer 18V and 12V. I use Milwaukee and many of mine are refurbished models from cpotools. Once you have a charger and a couple of batteries, you can buy bare tools to expand the collection. Air is necessary for only a few tools, ones I very rarely use.

My Cars
    325i 330xi 740il
    What kind of air compressor do you have to power the air tools? 2-stage? Multi cylinder?single cylinder?pancakes? Hp rating? Gallon capacity of tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2001 Z3 Roadster
    Air is nice to have but not necessary. Some air tools take a lot of cfm to operate. In that case you would need a large enough compressor to deal with the air flow, and so the motor on the compressor doesn't get over worked. Kicking on and off, or always on.