Thread: MKAH Motorsport Rear Seat Delete Panel

My Cars
    N/A

MKAH Motorsport Rear Seat Delete Panel

Hey guys - wanted to update this. I forgot about this post and have just recently learned that people have been referencing it.

The panel that I originally received was a one-in-a-million fluke, when the panels were still hand cut. Grant sent me a new panel after I created this thread and the fit was absolutely spot on. I would recommend any of his panels in a heartbeat. Unfortunately my car has since been totaled, but the panel was sold to a friend and is being put to good use.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Deblaca; 02-17-2017 at 06:00 PM.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    That's why mine are CNC cut, saves this kind of thing from happening... I'm sure he's trying to supply an honest product, but it's hard to do when you're cutting them all off a template by hand. I doubt he makes a lot of money doing them that way, especially because he's assumably paying someone else to powdercoat them, which even in bulk is going to cost a fair amount.

Your best bet might be to measure and mark the panel how/where it needs to be cut and either buy some offset hand snips, or go somewhere that specializes in sheet metal (don't discount heating and air conditioning installers) and fix it yourself. You should be able to file the edges smooth on your own and if you're really careful, you won't mess up any of the powdercoating except where the cut is, which could easily be touched up with some black paint.

I know that probably doesn't solve your frustrations, but hopefully it helps a little?

Incidentally, the straight section on either side where you seem to be having the interference should measure 37.5" across if it is going to fit into the recess correctly.

Good luck!

My Cars
    Many
    I have the all the MKAH panels in mine were pretty perfect in fit and finish. I am quite happy with them. Hopefully he will see this and respond.

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    I'm very sorry you had an issue. I have sold over 100 units and never had an issue, so not sure what's going on.

I will be happy to send you a brand new one at no cost, PM coming.
    Last edited by gbreeE90; 07-01-2016 at 10:11 PM.

My Cars
    N/A
    Issue has been solved, and post updated accordingly.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Way to stand by a product! Glad you got it resolved!