BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 95 740il. Full facelift, many updates

My Cars
    e24. and then some.

95 740il. Full facelift, many updates

I've owned this car for over ten years now. I'm a bit loath to sell it but I honestly need to thin the herd.

1995 lwb car. Cali car originally, so no rust. Only been subjected to one northeast winter. I've done basically all the facelift exterior mods to it, including fenders, headlights, side skirts and tails, as well as body coloring the bumpers. Currently has 162k miles on it. Has mpars with matching spare. Black on black. Has updated climate control unit and newer style center console with small central lock button. All door woofers and subs have been replaced. New drivers window regulator and ignition cylinder as well.

Over the last two years I've gone through a lot on the car, as I was making sure it would be 100% to give to my dad. Instead he bought a new car, and I've been using this on and off as a daily. I've moved back to nyc and this isn't the easiest to park so I'd like to see what offers I get on here.

Over the last 15k or so I've done the following:
    Full trans service (flush and filter) filled with redline atf
    Full cooling system service, including fan and fan shroud
    Valve cover gaskets
    All belts
    Ps pump and high pressure hose
    Control arm bushings and lower control arms
    Center link
    Rear brake lines and fluid flush
    Blower motor and resistor
    All filters
    Trunk struts
    Battery

I'm sure there's a few other things I've forgotten. What I do know is I like driving this a lot. I had the Dinan muffler mod done, sounds quite nice. This car is far from mint but it's a very nice driver especially on road trips. I've been to probably 30 states in this car, it's never let me down. Now some of the bad:

Headliner sagging. Have a spare one in nice condition I will include.
    Sunroof is fussy. I usually just leave it on tilt. It's a metal roof car, you could swap it when you do the headliner if you're into that.
    The quarter glass sunshades are broken as usual.
    It has its share of small dings and scratches. Particularly on the bumpers from street parking. They're not horrible yet, but annoying since I had them resprayed a couple years back.
    Finally the shocks are tired. It still has the original SLS units in the back, and honestly it's time to upgrade. It's not bouncy or dangerous, but the car deserves fresh ones.

There are a few other things I'm forgetting, but this is where I say it's honestly up to you how mint you'd want your 21 year old e38 to be. What matters to me is all the windows and locks work, the ac blows cold, and the radio sounds good. It doesn't leave a puddle where you park it, and I've never gotten stranded with it.. I never use junk parts in my car, and if you continue to do so, you'll definitely enjoy it at least as much as I have.

I'll work on getting some more pics in the meantime, here's a teaser for now.

3500 obo. Located in nyc. I have a bunch of additional parts that can go with the car, such as a spare pair of 18s with blizzaks, exhaust, other wheels and interior trim.

My Cars
    e24. and then some.
    Up

My Cars
    BMW 740IL 1995
    Hello Folks! I have a 1995 740IL E38. My Left Rear Door Will not open! Can You Help Me? Is there a relay or fuse?! Thanks Sincerely:E

My Cars
    2001 740iL, 1998 740iL,
    Did you ever sell this one?