Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Felony Form M3

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    I want some 18" RS. Looks pretty wild.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    99 m3
    Amazing built. I am surprised people stick with vaders. I love the way the seats look, but they are not good for spirited driving, I am enjoying my sparco evo 2 so much more. The vader does make a good TV watching seat in my room

My Cars
    98 M3
    18x11s with stretched tires on bags aren't the best for spirited driving either. This car is about looking good, and vaders fit that bill perfectly.
    That said I've done just fine on the track with my vaders. They aren't a recaro pole position by any means, but unless you have a cage, 6 points and a hans every time you drive that's probably for the best.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    5.0 (s)
    Updates?

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Not to much to update as the shop is in a VERY slow process. I check out the car almost every other day and theres not enough change to see in pictures. A lot of the time now is making sure the lines are straight and even. All the panels lining up ect. Most of all the figuring out is done, now the meticulous part is now.

Im going to the paint shop today and I am going to browse some paint options. Get them sprayed out on some speed shapes and see if theres something that I will bite. I am keeping my options open because the whole cars getting sprayed. So now is the time to decide. Ive been looking at paint online and now that the car is almost in primer Its time to really look at samples.

Believe it or not theres still a lot to do as the shop is telling me. Once its fully primered Im going to over look it and make sure its all straight and true. (I guess I'm a customer nightmare. Im paying a lot of money for this work and I'm very picky). Once I approve it they will block it again and then shoot it with a sealing primer.

6 months have passed to this point and I know its been 2 months over the time any shop should take. But at the same sense I am happy with the steps taken to build this. The inside fenders are so clean I might take a wheel off and display it at shows.

Anyways. Ill keep updating until final primer and then I will keep things hush hush till revile.

My Cars
    M3, 850i, E30T, E55T
    I'm not sure I'd ever decide on a colour. I'd probably drive myself and everyone involved insane.

How involved was it fitting the vert trunk lid?

Looks like a build being done very right.
    Last edited by adamnur; 07-29-2016 at 01:37 PM.

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 07 650XChlg
    Why did they layer that whole rear 3/4 panel in that glaze or whatever it is... What is that tan stuff?

WTB: E36 ZKW Headlights, ACS Rear Diffuser,E36 M mudflaps front + rear

My Cars
    Widebody 95 & 97 M3s
    Looks great! These projects always take longer than anticipated but always worth the wait when they are done properly like this.

If you're going to completely change the color my vote is some type of candy red....had the pleasure of seeing this car over the weekend and the paint is unreal

http://sofreshlifestyle.com/what-is-perfection/

By the way my silver M3 took about 4 months to complete and the yellow M3 about 8 months so this isn't long by any means....plus my yellow m3 has been in the shop for non-body related work since April 2015 so I feel your pain.
    Last edited by liilpa09; 07-31-2016 at 10:01 AM.

My Cars
    5.0 (s)
    Psst...

Any progress?

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by cr2596 View Post
    Psst...

Any progress?
    I thought I saw somewhere that he's suing the shop or something? They were jerkin him around on the work they were doing (or weren't doing in this case)
    |1998 Arctic Silver M3/4/5|
    |Forged/Built S52|
    |Bilstein Pss9|
    |Fikse FM10 17x10r 17x8.5f|

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex24 View Post
    I thought I saw somewhere that he's suing the shop or something? They were jerkin him around on the work they were doing (or weren't doing in this case)
    Yes I was going though the process and got my lawyer and the advise I got was to continue with the relationship for the sake of getting a quality product. When I brought the car to them back in February I was told May 1st it would be complete. So thats why I was getting so upset. But in the end I don't want any cut corners and I have settled with the fact that the car won't be enjoyed this year.

Besides all that the car is still moving forward. I am really concentrating around the lights as well as the door area to make sure everything flows proper. So far so good. Maybe another month or 2? Once complete I will start on other parts of the car I want completed. Next year should be great!

My Cars
    02 BMW X5 5 spd manual
    This looks so good being molded onto the body. I can't wait to see it when it's finished.
    Instagram: Jaws.garage
    2007 Saleen S331 Supercharged #133 Oxford white
    2002 Mercedes E55 AMG Tectite Grey/Black, Kleemann upgrades, Supersprint muffler
    2007 Buell XB12scg Cherry Bomb

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Glad you got everything sorted out. It's definitely going to be worth the wait!
    |1998 Arctic Silver M3/4/5|
    |Forged/Built S52|
    |Bilstein Pss9|
    |Fikse FM10 17x10r 17x8.5f|

My Cars
    M3, 850i, E30T, E55T
    Ah that's gonna look so good.

I always get afraid when this much money goes into a build on an old car that can be a total loss from a 15mph impact. But such is the nature of modding.

My Cars
    Widebody 95 & 97 M3s
    Quote Originally Posted by adamnur View Post
    Ah that's gonna look so good.

I always get afraid when this much money goes into a build on an old car that can be a total loss from a 15mph impact. But such is the nature of modding.
    You can get "collector" car insurance for whatever value you want if you have the ability to back up the value that you place on it (receipts, photos, etc...)

My Cars
    M3, 850i, E30T, E55T
    Quote Originally Posted by liilpa09 View Post
    You can get "collector" car insurance for whatever value you want if you have the ability to back up the value that you place on it (receipts, photos, etc...)
    Ah that's right, reminds me, I have to get in touch with Hagerty.

My Cars
    IG: Clearsandadrop
    The body is really starting to visually come together, definitely one of the better FF installations.

One thing that would bother me is that like half the exterior of the car is totally covered in body filler, it's inevitably going to crack with any real street use. Even minor tire contact with the fender will completely destroy the whole panel.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by m3mobbin View Post
    The body is really starting to visually come together, definitely one of the better FF installations.

One thing that would bother me is that like half the exterior of the car is totally covered in body filler, it's inevitably going to crack with any real street use. Even minor tire contact with the fender will completely destroy the whole panel.
    The problem with showing progress pictures is that people tend to think things are done wrong. The panel is defiantly not full of bondyfiller and Im not worried if I rub here or there. This pic of the quarter with a layer of filler gets completely sanded down. By coating the whole panel you ensure all the low parts of the over fender levels out. Rather than putting a spot here and there hoping you get everything.

Car is ready for one last block sand and should be ready for color. Im stoked. Im pretty much ending the updates so I can reveal all complete. Ill see everyone next summer!

My Cars
    IG: Clearsandadrop
    Quote Originally Posted by ///Mposter View Post
    The problem with showing progress pictures is that people tend to think things are done wrong. The panel is defiantly not full of bondyfiller and Im not worried if I rub here or there. This pic of the quarter with a layer of filler gets completely sanded down. By coating the whole panel you ensure all the low parts of the over fender levels out. Rather than putting a spot here and there hoping you get everything.
    I'm familiar with the skim coat technique, I've done a lot of body work myself. Although they sanded the quarters down there will literally be pounds of filler left near the metal to fiberglass seams.

It's not my opinion, I know for a fact you cannot rivet fiberglass unto sheet metal fenders than slap filler over it without having eventual cracking issues. Cracks will occur from the normal use (body flex, temperature change, vibrations) over time, but with your tire/fender clearance eventually is like the first time you rub badly. I've seen these type of issues with original ACS widebody kits, Rieger kits, and even metal e46 M3 fenders welded onto e36 quarter panels.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by m3mobbin View Post
    I'm familiar with the skim coat technique, I've done a lot of body work myself. Although they sanded the quarters down there will literally be pounds of filler left near the metal to fiberglass seams.

It's not my opinion, I know for a fact you cannot rivet fiberglass unto sheet metal fenders than slap filler over it without having eventual cracking issues. Cracks will occur from the normal use (body flex, temperature change, vibrations) over time, but with your tire/fender clearance eventually is like the first time you rub badly. I've seen these type of issues with original ACS widebody kits, Rieger kits, and even metal e46 M3 fenders welded onto e36 quarter panels.
    And again, you don't know what process my car has gone through. I can tell you my panels are not attached by rivets then blended over... They would crack. Thats why I didnt do that. My car is also on AIR... So I don't rub my fenders. Anything else you wanna harp on?

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 07 650XChlg
    I want to hate this, but I can not.

What color?

WTB: E36 ZKW Headlights, ACS Rear Diffuser,E36 M mudflaps front + rear

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by raoke View Post
    I want to hate this, but I can not.

What color?
    I now understand why people don't wanna share color codes, wheel specs, ect. When you get invested so much into a project its the little things like this that make the car unique. I don't see a lot of people run the color I choose which is great. Id like to keep it that way. But It is a shade of purple still

My Cars
    5.0 (s)
    *cough*UPDATE*cough*

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by cr2596 View Post
    *cough*UPDATE*cough*
    Whoops I totally forgot I posted this!

On the home stretch on my build. Only Interior left to do!

Instagram Colorado_M3 if you wanna follow my build

Fallm3sig by Kevin Love, on Flickr

M3 Roller by Kevin Love, on Flickr

Rear Quarter M3 by Kevin Love, on Flickr

fallm32sig by Kevin Love, on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

I have a few other shots I've done. I haven't done a proper photoshoot as I have been putting it together on the weekends. Since all these pics I have changed out the back glass and put on door handle trim. Im almost complete on the exterior.

Im also running a different set of wheels on the passenger side. Which I need to take more pictures of.

My Cars
    z3
    That guy pointed out the fenders and now the fenders look odd to me - the way the crease goes "through" the front fender, instead of stopping at the arch and resuming at the very front

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast