Thread: Deiver side POOL!

My Cars
    M6 GC
    So the other day I was out and about and it starts poring due to a tropical storm her in the Tampa-Sarasota area. I of course pay no attention. As I never do because the 645 handles well In the rain, love the old people driving with their flashers on.... Bless their hearts.

On to work the next AM I notice a POOL In The back seat driver side foot well...What THE!! Jump to the conclusion . That the roof or the windshield gasket/seal is leaking.

So I do what anyone would do in my place....yell out some expletives and go to work! At the end of the day I cup out a few half cups of water from the back seat foot area and head over to a place where I can Vac out some more!

All good for how right...no!!! Not quite as I drive a few days and then noticed the POOL filled up again and I kept the car out of the rain and the car wash afraid of it being a leak from the Conv roof or the window seals.

MUST be the AC drain on the driver side, I'm guessing!?!? :[
    The best part was trying to find the drain plugs. The rear was center foot rear foot well near rear wall.
    Have not found the front one due to ALL THE WIRING AND FOAM AND FLOOR DUCTS for rear AC floor vents. Some of the floor foam looks like couch foam and also foam boards.

With All the wires under the flooring makes one wonder how this car has not shorted out sitting in a POOL!!

I'll try to up load some pictures.

Any one got any ideas on how to get the flooring completely out to dry and steam clean?
    Last edited by numoo; 06-14-2016 at 09:55 PM.

My Cars
    M6 GC
    Funny , can't seem to upload pics from iPhone Bimmerfest App.

My Cars
    E39 M5 & Fiesta ST
    I do not own a 6 series, but this issue sounds similar to what us E39 guys deal with. Once these cars age, some parts/rubber/seals start to weaken obviously. For the E39 cars, it was the vapor barriers located inside the doors that would weaken/detach and water would leak into the passenger floors.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to DIY, but for E39s the replacement seemed pretty straight forward.

I just noticed your car is a convertible, so my answer may not be helpful. Good luck!

My Cars
    E46, E53, E60, E92
    Any update on this? Having the same issue