Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Desirability of M5 "M Hurricane" fabric?

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by clevertd View Post
    Very cool.
    I think so too, one of my favorite OEM fabrics... may be my favorite... will have to see it in person first, the sample is on it's way to me now
    Quote Originally Posted by BeLiQ View Post
    Very cool. Subscribed. Would purchase probably 5 yards.
    Sounds good, I may not have it listed on the website due to limited quantities but when it is available I will post about it and the prices and those interested can buy it directly.

We also have some other projects we are working on, one of the main projects now is making Motorsports seatbelts (the red ones below) for various other cars and in different colors (red, blue, purple like the M colors).

We are also working on other styles for seatbelts. I'm likely going to do a black belt with M stitching - like the below example, but with M colors and just along one side.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    E34, E368
    What sort of regulations/standards do the belts have to meet? Will you be testing them? I'm a regulatory test engineer, just curious!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    z3
    I couldn't tell you off hand but the factory we are buying them from can also test them for us, they are a large manufacturer of seat belts and I beleive an OE supplier to several makes as well. Our belts will meet or exceed OE safety specifications

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    are slow
    I wonder when this evil operation turns into a seat empire, you guys could venture into the world of E39s and 46s? Mmm..alcantra
    Last edited by XAlt; 10-02-2016 at 02:52 PM.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by XAlt View Post
    I wonder when this evil operation turns into a seat empire, you guys could venture into the world of E39s and 46s? Mmm..alcantra
    Well we do currently have access to a large number of NOS vintage and modern Recaro seats so that may not be such a long stretch The E39 and E46 did have a beautiful variant of M fabric with a square perforated Alcantara over M striped fabric as a base, but the production cost alone of this would near $200 per yard, so we probably won't be doing that anytime soon. But I have a lot of ideas and hope to make some more modern looking and perhaps totally custom fabrics with M colors inspired by OEM designs... would be cool seeing as after the E46 generation up to current models the M fabric interiors became standard looking cloth. Pretty lame IMO that the E46 M3 fabric interior looked like THIS and the E92 M3 looked like THIS... modern F80 M3 isn't any better...

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    z3
    Samples are in hand and they look great!

Few color changes were made to the samples but overall they did a great job with all the fabrics and production has been finalized and started on M Cross and M Hurricane

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    2016 640i, 1990 535iM
    i really love the seat belt idea
    2016 640i Coupe'
    1990 Bmw 535i Turbo 600whp

1999 740iL: Sold
    1997 740i: Crashed and Parted
    1988 535i: Crashed and Parted
    1988 528e: Crashed and parted
    IG- @Rogetta_Stone

My Cars
    E34, E368
    Looking good. Still aiming for the end of October?

My Cars
    94 M5T
    Are you the ones currently on eBay selling the Motorsports seatbelt for e34s? (they're coming out of southern california, iirc)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post

We also have some other projects we are working on, one of the main projects now is making Motorsports seatbelts (the red ones below) for various other cars and in different colors (red, blue, purple like the M colors).

Mike
    93 M5 3.8 Sterling Silver/Black (euro)
    94 M5 Touring Madeiraschwarz/Black
    80 745i (project)
    83 735i / 5 speed (euro)
    86 745i

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by E38740iMD View Post
    i really love the seat belt idea
    Great to hear, I think it will be really cool to offer them for models other than the E36 M3 they are most commonly produced for. We can currently make other styles if anyone is interested but the Motorsports belts will be in development for awhile. I am now thinking it may take until 2017 to get those ready, I was mostly posting about them as a teaser to gauge interest and interest seems strong. So we will likely move forward with the belts before developing additional fabrics.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevertd View Post
    Looking good. Still aiming for the end of October?
    Yes sir - and everything seems on track now to meet that deadline.
    Quote Originally Posted by mottati View Post
    Are you the ones currently on eBay selling the Motorsports seatbelt for e34s? (they're coming out of southern california, iirc)
    Nope, that is not me and my seatbelts will be selling for cheaper than those (for the record theirs are $852.49 + $280 core charge = $1132.49). My eBay profile is BimmerBreaker and I am based in Arizona.

FWIW, I do also offer Alpina fabrics for sale. If anyone is interested in a particular Alpina fabric we have most every variant available from '80s through the '00s.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    z3
    Fabric is done and ready, will be shipped to me next week and should be ready to get shipped out in 2-3 weeks. Little bit of a delay there, but not by much

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    z3

The final product came out very well. It will be available for $95/yard for any order 3 yards or bigger, will open it up to pre-orders on www.bmwfabric.com starting today

Much smaller supply of this fabric compared to what we had for the M rain so I don't expect this to last very long.
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 11-03-2016 at 05:04 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    z3
    Just got some more M Hurricane left and down to 10 yards already! Get yours while you can

Also have some Black M Stripe left! Use code "15" to save 15% now until the end of the week!
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 02-28-2017 at 07:57 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    e34

Desirability of M5 "M Hurricane" fabric?

Is this material wide enough to reupholster the headliner with?
    Last edited by Xaoc; 03-01-2017 at 05:57 AM.

My Cars
    z3
    It is about 56.5" wide, so it should be wide enough for most cars. The Alcantara I sell for headliners is 58" wide.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    e34
    Will you offer the wider alcantara soon, what about the grey 20 jahre cloth?
    Do you think the hurricane cloth is suitable for a headliner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    z3
    The Alcantara and gray jahre were both ordered togehter last week, estimated delivery is about 2-3 weeks from now. The Hurricane fabric could be used as headliner material, but the foam is a little thicker than most upholstery shops would want to use. The foam can be peeled off easily and new foam applied if you wish to use it as a headliner material.

Just got more M Hurricane in stock for those who have been waiting!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    z3
    Just got in some more Hurricane. Man I love this fabric!

Also bought myself a sewing machine to learn upholstery. Got all kinds of ideas floating around my head already, if the E34 community needs any little things upholstered I'm all ears. As an example, I'm doing things like steering wheel tabs and roll bar covers for the Z3's, will be doing some trims for E39s and much more...
    Of course, eventually I will do full interiors, seats, door panels, etc... but right now I'm looking for smaller things I can work on

You can also now find us (well... me) on facebook! Follow us there for special coupons you'll only find there

facebook.com/BMWfabric

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    E30 M3, E34 M5, E36 M3

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    ...but right now I'm looking for smaller things I can work on
    For the E34 specifically, you'll have a good selling niche product on your hands if you 3D print the M5 specific shifter surround that's been N.L.A. now for years.

My Cars
    E34 M5
    Looks great BimmerBreaker. A portion of the front door cards in my M5 are done in M Hurricane and I'd like to do the back ones too. Hmm, what else can be done inside without looking tacky ?

My Cars
    E46 M3
    FB Coupon code is not working.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
    For the E34 specifically, you'll have a good selling niche product on your hands if you 3D print the M5 specific shifter surround that's been N.L.A. now for years.
    If you guys can help me find one, I can definitely get one made. I'll be doing 3D printing soon for a bunch of other projects, including shifter surrounds for other models.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstorm View Post
    Looks great BimmerBreaker. A portion of the front door cards in my M5 are done in M Hurricane and I'd like to do the back ones too. Hmm, what else can be done inside without looking tacky ?
    Shift boot, e-brake boot... a little wallet... I've seen some people use excess to make pillows to throw on the dash or rear tray at car shows and the like (I'm a sucker for tiny details like that). Seatbelt straps. Not those kind, these kind. Can't say I'd do too much more myself, the devil is in the details after all!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
    FB Coupon code is not working.
    It got used up the day after it was posted, it was a one-time use. I'll be sporadically posting other coupons for people following the page - so stay tuned and like and follow There will be a coupon posted later today on the page
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 04-29-2017 at 01:52 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    z3
    Got some new things coming... just got a sample of a purple/blue M rain in hand. Pictures absolutely do not do it justice and it is a bit faded, but we will be able to get the right colors from it.. Way more subtle than M color fabric, but still with that cool pattern... I love it.

Also making some bags and working on other stuff until I have the skills to do seat covers. Could do these in M Hurricane as well of course

Won't be very expensive, thinking like $30 or so for these drawstring bags. Want to make backpacks too, already made a few toolbags for myself I've been getting good use out of.

Follow us @ascfabric or facebook.com/bmwfabric for more details!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    Alfa Romeo 156 GTA SW
    Hi, I'm very interested in the M hurricane fabric. I cant find a complete interior for sale and have been looking for some time so now i am willing to buy enough yards from you to have available when i find a good tailor that can get me OEM-fitment.

What i would like to be sure of before i pull the trigger is that the reproduction fabric are totally identical to the original design, in quality and color. I haven't seen a comparison photo and haven't heard a review from other buyers.

If i can get this confirmed i will make an order!

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kannackas View Post
    Hi, I'm very interested in the M hurricane fabric. I cant find a complete interior for sale and have been looking for some time so now i am willing to buy enough yards from you to have available when i find a good tailor that can get me OEM-fitment.

What i would like to be sure of before i pull the trigger is that the reproduction fabric are totally identical to the original design, in quality and color. I haven't seen a comparison photo and haven't heard a review from other buyers.

If i can get this confirmed i will make an order!
    I was supposed to meet up with someone local to show me their OEM interior for side-by-side comparisons but they have thus far been unable to meet up. So I don't have any comparison pictures at this time, if anyone local to me (Phoenix, AZ) has the Hurricane interior I'd love to do some photo comparisons. This M Hurricane is the same quality as our M Rain reproduction... we don't cut corners or take shortcuts on this, we want it as close to OEM as possible. I don't sell anything I wouldn't put in my own car and I am very OCD about details.

This is how close our M Rain comes to OEM (can you even tell which one is which?). Rest assured M hurricane is this close as well

Only satisfied customers replying in here: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...-Fabric-Thread
    M Rain was our first project and the one we have been doing the longest. M Hurricane is newer so we don't have as much feedback on it. The feedback I have received from buyers through e-mail and other sources has been nothing less than stellar. I have a few good feedbacks on eBay about the M Hurricane if that means anything
    I am working on comparison pictures vs. OEM but these interiors are very rare!
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 06-09-2017 at 02:29 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast